Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Hotfile Premium Speeds

• 16-08-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any one else getting REALLY slow speed today?
    As we speak im hitting 8.44KB/S, ive downloaded with other providers and no speed issues there, so it is hotfile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭jeffk

sink wrote: »
    Same here.

I suppose the backlash from rapdishare falling apart has finally caught up on their servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

jeffk wrote: »
    I suppose the backlash from rapdishare falling apart has finally caught up on their servers.

I kept my rapidshare account so I can just fall back on that for the mo. Hopefully the issue will be resolved promptly.

sink wrote: »
    I kept my rapidshare account so I can just fall back on that for the mo. Hopefully the issue will be resolved promptly.

Im thinking I should have done the same, i bought a fivers worth of points to download the full 7 seasons of Knightmare, so I have some traffic left, but still I hope hotfile isnt like this for too long.

www.fileserve.com, seems to be used a lot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fkm

Using Jdownloader and IDM and it seems certain Hotfile servers are giving slow speeds (my guess is some throttling going on when certain servers are maxed out). Most of their files are maxing out my connection but certain files just trickle along at 10-20 kbps.

Never had this problem with Rapidshare, Megaupload and Megashares.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I agree, notice hotfile to be much slower than the like of rapidshare etc... Its cheaper but I would expect a better service... Premium member btw..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Am I missing something here. I just set up an account and paid my $9 for Premium. I cant find where to search for files ??
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Am I missing something here. I just set up an account and paid my $9 for Premium. I cant find where to search for files ??
    Thanks

Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

I have been and am getting all sorts of crap results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

speeds have been terrible for me the last day and a half.

anyone else?

• Advertisement

el dude wrote: »
    speeds have been terrible for me the last day and a half.

anyone else?

Yup same here, you can see why people are moving away from hotfile already.
    I wonder if you emailed them and said your not providing full speeds as advertised, what would they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

Yeah been really slow last couple days

You can get away with it if you use 3 or 4 downloads @ once, then you hit full speed. But for say videos that isn't always an option.

jeffk wrote: »
    You can get away with it if you use 3 or 4 downloads @ once, then you hit full speed. But for say videos that isn't always an option.

Not for me. Even when downloading say 4-5 files I'm rarely getting above 300KB/s..roughly 60-70KB/s per file.

el dude wrote: »
    Not for me. Even when downloading say 4-5 files I'm rarely getting above 300KB/s..roughly 60-70KB/s per file.

I think the worse I get is 300KB/s per single link, just tried one download there.

What downloader are you using?

Jdownloader on Eircom.

Same, on UPC. Definitely something going on at hotfile's end. Reading around various forums and people are starting to complain about slow speeds the last day or so, people actually getting a faster speed as a free user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

300kbps?? that's fierce bad for a premium service. i use Megaupload free and it's mostly >1MB speeds i get from it (granted i use college bb) but on my o2 modem, i can get up to 600kbps with it.

what type of speeds should ye be getting with hotfile premium?

I put it download to the fallout of rs changing their terms and people going to hotfile. But that cant be the case now, seems hotfiles servers cant take the load.

• Advertisement

On a premium I hit 7mb on one download, im terrible a broadband speed numbers, so no doubt I put up the wrong speed measurement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Awful speed 16kbps when Normally I get over 2000 :mad:

No difference between free and premium for me.

Was going to email them and seen this

"My download speed is very slow
    When you download from our site, please be sure you don't make other downloads (for example from torrent sites, other downloads and etc). If you make multiple downloads from other sites/places all your download speed is shared between each download and this will cause you slow download from us.

Be sure also that you're logged and then to start download, because free users (or not logged) got capped download speed.

If you download through browser please notice your download speed could be limited due to browser settings. For high speed download it is always better to use any Download Manager program. For example:

http://freedownloadmanager.org

We don't limit download speed for our Premium users and if you download speed is slow this could be also your ISP issue.

If you still have slow download speed - please send us link you try to download and get slow download speed. We will check it asap.

For testing your download speed from our servers, please download this file and report us what speed you get.

Also check your internet download speed here and report us what numbers you get:
    http://www.ip-adress.com/speedtest/ "

My speed on that is topping 376 KB/s and lowest 264 KB/s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just got some one to test my account on their Vodafone connection (mine is UPC) and they got full speed on the same file I was getting 16kb on.

990754929.png

calex71 wrote: »
    Just got some one to test my account on their Vodafone connection (mine is UPC) and they got full speed on the same file I was getting 16kb on.

990754929.png

SO its a cap on eircom and upc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056059022&page=4

few of us over there experiencing HF and UPC issues, im getting 24KB/s on HF premium.

i rang upc and they guaranteed they aint blocking or limiting and sites, they reckon the backlash would be too big

AdrianII wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056059022&page=4

few of us over there experiencing HF and UPC issues, im getting 24KB/s on HF premium.

i rang upc and they guaranteed they aint blocking or limiting and sites, they reckon the backlash would be too big

Ive emailed hotfile and told em what speeds I was getting, that other sites used the full speed of my connection. I also said I hope this is sorted soon as its not the full speed of my ISP, which I told I would get with a premium account when I bought one.

True, I cant see a ISP blocking a hosting site(unless they are eircom :P),a site used so much would cause uproar if they even tried to cap/block it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

but calex71 tested his account on a different isp and he got full speeds

pointing the finger towards upc, im guessing everyone here is upc??

• Advertisement

AdrianII wrote: »
    but calex71 tested his account on a different isp and he got full speeds

pointing the finger towards upc, im guessing everyone here is upc??

Im eircom!
    Do you really think someone in upc/eircom look @ what people are downloading and say look its all hotfile lets block or throttle it.

Advertisement