Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-08-2010, 00:14   #31
Healio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeandbake! View Post

Reckon i have a chance?

Dont Think so.....

Prices advertised for ‘early price’ races are available subject to fluctuation up to the time as displayed in our offices (normally 20 minutes before the race ‘off time’ for UK races and 30 minutes for Irish) or up to ‘first show’.

Depends what time was displayed on the screen for the availability of prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeandbake! View Post
Lame excuse or maybe it's something new that PP are doing......ah well i'll see how i get on with the shop manager....
May have been a problem with their screens updating?

Last edited by Healio; 18-08-2010 at 00:16.
Advertisement
18-08-2010, 18:59   #32
sonnky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healio View Post
Dont Think so.....

Prices advertised for ‘early price’ races are available subject to fluctuation up to the time as displayed in our offices (normally 20 minutes before the race ‘off time’ for UK races and 30 minutes for Irish) or up to ‘first show’.

Depends what time was displayed on the screen for the availability of prices.

May have been a problem with their screens updating?
Maybe they do
19-08-2010, 02:06   #33
Celtic3x

In Running bet lost

Allright guys shine some light on this. match began 12.30pm. at half time one team was winnign 1-0. it was a match in running i seen odds online an not on screen in store, did bet no second goal at 1.37pm. second goal was scored 50th min. bookie is saying goal was scored 2 mins after bet place.

it seem very quick after i did bet that betting was suspended. could bet be made void our get free bet to the stake if arguee the fact in local bookie would be well none bookie an id be well none in here.

more thoughts on this then any thing !
19-08-2010, 02:23   #34
Healio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic3x View Post
Allright guys shine some light on this. match began 12.30pm. at half time one team was winnign 1-0. it was a match in running i seen odds online an not on screen in store, did bet no second goal at 1.37pm. second goal was scored 50th min. bookie is saying goal was scored 2 mins after bet place.

it seem very quick after i did bet that betting was suspended. could bet be made void our get free bet to the stake if arguee the fact in local bookie would be well none bookie an id be well none in here.

more thoughts on this then any thing !
If it was done online, you will get nothing from your local shop, as it is a different "department" as such, with different customer service departments.

Also if done online, then the times they have are what they are going to go on. Where you watching the match on a stream or on TV ??
19-08-2010, 02:35   #35
Celtic3x

bet was place in store. but was from a price i got on the website. paddy power do some in running games not all get listed in branch but can take price from web , i rang them up an they say betting got suspended at 1.40 an my slip says 1.37:48. iv look up few websites an all range from 2nd goal score at 48th min 49th min an 50th min. there could be an error of a minute our two after our before bet place i see that but could i dispute it an get some satisfaction you think?
Advertisement
19-08-2010, 06:30   #36
Healio

cant see how you would dispute anything here, you bet on no second goal, then there was a goal two minutes after you placed your bet. Nothing done wrong on the bookmakers side that i can see.
19-08-2010, 12:51   #37
The Walsho

Quote:
cant see how you would dispute anything here, you bet on no second goal, then there was a goal two minutes after you placed your bet. Nothing done wrong on the bookmakers side that i can see.
Exactly. You lost your bet.
25-08-2010, 14:38   #38
UrbanSea
Closed Account

I couldn't even understand what you were trying to say,it was hurting my brain.
Why would you get your stake refunded just because the goal was scored two minutes after your bet was placed? Even if it was 1 second after the bet was placed,it lost.End of.
17-10-2010, 14:27   #39
200motels

Quote:
Paid out dockets from sunday will still be in the shop, no hassle to get them to fish out this bet and double check what was paid out on.
Not so, I'm a manager of a betting shop and we can look back at any docket up to a year or more in some cases.
Advertisement
26-10-2010, 13:06   #40
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Meant to post this a while ago.
Backed a Gosden horse in a maiden,must be about August. Favourite was even stevens,with 9/1 bar,and my boy was clear second favourite. Back it at 9s anyway each way. BAM,Ryan Moore's horse is withdrawn(the fav) leaving a huge Rule 4. I don't mind that,I understand these things happen.
Anyway,my horse ends up finishing second at 7/1 following the market re-shape(I assume another horse got backed)
The bit that annoys me is that due to the Rule 4 I still ended up losing money on the each way bet,even though the runner went off at an SP of 7/1. What I like about Celtic is that if there is a rule 4 greater than 25c than it reverts to SP.
Shouldn't all bookies to this? If my bet reverted to SP after the rule 4,I would have at least made money on the place part of my bet,losing money on an each way on a 7/1 shot after the market is reformed is stupid imo.
Thanks from:
27-10-2010, 19:41   #41
carly_86
Closed Account

All bookies do revert back 2 sp if the r4 is 25c or more
28-10-2010, 16:24   #42
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Well I didn't get paid out as if it did.
30-10-2010, 03:14   #43
huddlejonny

I was waiting to place a bet in PP and there was a chap in front of me. The cashier saw me standing there for a good 30 seconds before the race while he was dealing with yer man, he took my bet 10 seconds into the race and the horse won at 20/1, went to cash it in and the cashier would not pay out saying I was too late getting the bet down, absolute disgrace, I wont ever bet with PP again. Vote with yer feet folks, hence why boyles are heading down the swanny, another joke outfit.
31-10-2010, 08:53   #44
carly_86
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddlejonny View Post
I was waiting to place a bet in PP and there was a chap in front of me. The cashier saw me standing there for a good 30 seconds before the race while he was dealing with yer man, he took my bet 10 seconds into the race and the horse won at 20/1, went to cash it in and the cashier would not pay out saying I was too late getting the bet down, absolute disgrace, I wont ever bet with PP again. Vote with yer feet folks, hence why boyles are heading down the swanny, another joke outfit.

How long was the race
31-10-2010, 19:54   #45
UrbanSea
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddlejonny View Post
One recommendation. Celtic.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion