Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread - Page 184 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-02-2014, 11:03   #2746
Krusty_Clown

Send a message via AIM to Krusty_Clown
Anyone switched over to Garmin Express from the Garmin ANT agent?
You can't automatically side-load to Garmin Training Centre any more, and you no longer have the option to keep/delete the activity on the watch after transfer. Seems to work pretty seamlessly for me though (910xt).
Advertisement
21-02-2014, 11:43   #2747
overpronator

Android support for bluetooth uploads via smartphone/tablet now available
21-02-2014, 12:11   #2748
RunDMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_Clown View Post
Anyone switched over to Garmin Express from the Garmin ANT agent?
You can't automatically side-load to Garmin Training Centre any more, and you no longer have the option to keep/delete the activity on the watch after transfer. Seems to work pretty seamlessly for me though (910xt).
Training Center was dropped last year, so none of the new devices or software will automatically link with Training Centre. It's all being pushed to Garmin Connect now.

R
21-02-2014, 12:13   #2749
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDMC View Post
Training Center was dropped last year, so none of the new devices or software will automatically link with Training Centre. It's all being pushed to Garmin Connect now.
R
I still use it. It's my preferred method for creating/uploading Advanced Workouts and keeping an off-line backup of my workouts. Shame.
21-02-2014, 14:40   #2750
copacetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperlogic View Post
Just read Ray's blog update regards the Fenix2 and kind of gutted as just bought the FR620 and now want the Fenix2

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/02/g...triathlon.html
Yeah, I got a 220 before Christmas, after 4 years waiting for a reason to update. Now I wish I had waited. Having said that the fenix2 isn't perfect either and I got the great 30% off deal from Garmin.

So if fenix2 turns out to be as good as it looks, will upgrade to it. It certainly looks to have the 620 beat for value considering all the extra features for the price.
Advertisement
21-02-2014, 16:31   #2751
Tigerandahalf

I downloaded the Garmin Express. Not sure what the benefits will be.
I now have a shortcut icon on my desktop to connect to Garmin Express.
Before I would attach my USB clip cable and upload the new activity. Not sure if the new activities now are uploaded by syncing when you go into Garmin Express. The Garmin Connect site itself looks the same. I have a 110.

Anyway question for you if you can help. On the Garmin Connect screen when I want to scroll using the arrow keys it only scrolls on the map area which isn't great to use. I have to use the scroll bar at the side to go up or down the main screen details. Is there anyway around this?

Cheers
21-02-2014, 16:43   #2752
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerandahalf View Post
The Garmin Connect site itself looks the same. I have a 110.
The changes to GC are being rolled out gradually. You can find out more here.
Quote:
Anyway question for you if you can help. On the Garmin Connect screen when I want to scroll using the arrow keys it only scrolls on the map area which isn't great to use. I have to use the scroll bar at the side to go up or down the main screen details. Is there anyway around this?

Cheers
Wheely-mouse?
21-02-2014, 17:01   #2753
RunDMC

I tried out a Fenix last year, and it weighs about twice as much as the 620 I have now. Unless you do a lot of swimming/cycling the discomfort when running is not worth the extra features for me. Having said that, I used the 405 and 610 for years without problems.

R
21-02-2014, 17:18   #2754
copacetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunDMC View Post
I tried out a Fenix last year, and it weighs about twice as much as the 620 I have now. Unless you do a lot of swimming/cycling the discomfort when running is not worth the extra features for me. Having said that, I used the 405 and 610 for years without problems.

R
I think if you do any cycling or swimming it might be worth it, if you add in the hiking functionality, the remote control of virb cameras, snowsports integration and the fact that you get what , 4/5 times the battery life for the extra weight, and the extra smart features then it is the better value package and makes more sense as everyday wear. It also has ant+ which the 620 dropped I think?

Having said that it wouldn't be the one to buy if all you do is running. The fenix2 does look like the right watch for people who would like an all in one
Advertisement
21-02-2014, 17:29   #2755
Tigerandahalf

Quote:
Wheely-mouse?
??????
Is that the little red dot that is on some keypads?
Not on mine I'm afraid.
24-02-2014, 11:35   #2756
scargill

Has anyone else noticed that the Garmin Connect website is totting up the Moving Time incorrectly - and giving inaccurate pacing figures because of it? I had to stop in the bushes for pit stop (!) after 1 mile yesterday - even though I paused the watch, Garmin Connect is counting it as a 12 minute mile instead of 8:30.

So my watch is showing me an 8:28 average for the run, but Garmin Connect is showing me 8:48
24-02-2014, 11:38   #2757
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
??????
Is that the little red dot that is on some keypads?
Not on mine I'm afraid.
Thanks from:
24-02-2014, 11:39   #2758
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargill View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the Garmin Connect website is totting up the Moving Time incorrectly - and giving inaccurate pacing figures because of it? I had to stop in the bushes for pit stop (!) after 1 mile yesterday - even though I paused the watch, Garmin Connect is counting it as a 12 minute mile instead of 8:30.

So my watch is showing me an 8:28 average for the run, but Garmin Connect is showing me 8:48
Did you switch over to Garmin Express? I've noticed a few erratic things, since I switched one of my PCs over.
Thanks from:
24-02-2014, 11:45   #2759
scargill

I just had a look through the garmin forum and it seems to a bug introduced with their recent updates...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...culation-Issue
24-02-2014, 11:48   #2760
scargill

Quote:
Did you switch over to Garmin Express? I've noticed a few erratic things, since I switched one of my PCs over.
I'm not using Garmin Express - just the Garmin Connect website.
I also use the Garmin Training Centre software - it actually has the figures worked out correctly.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion