Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-01-2012, 22:04   #1516
PGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGL View Post
When quizzing a shop attendant yesterday (as well as quizzing Krusty and everyone else here for the past week!) about garmin watches, he warned me that if I buy one off a non-Irish website, neither the website or Garmin will fix/replace the watch if anything goes wrong. I am obviously mindful that the shop attendant is a sales person hoping to convince me to buy one off him instead, so I thought the best thing would be to ask you lot if anyone has had a similar experience?

thanks a million folks
the lack of responses suggests no-one had any issues with their garmin watches, which is postive..... is that the case?
Advertisement
16-01-2012, 09:24   #1517
RayCun

I bought my Garmin from Amazon. When it stopped working (about 6 months later) I contacted Garmin support directly, and they replaced it.
Thanks from:
16-01-2012, 12:49   #1518
PGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayCun View Post
I bought my Garmin from Amazon. When it stopped working (about 6 months later) I contacted Garmin support directly, and they replaced it.
Thanks for that RayCun

Out of interest, was Garmin the actual seller in this case, or will they stand over their products regardless of who sells them?

cheers!
16-01-2012, 13:00   #1519
RayCun

I bought from Amazon, not directly from Garmin. I think there's a general warranty period, no matter who you buy from.
Thanks from:
17-01-2012, 15:33   #1520
HardyEustace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_Clown View Post
Did you setup an Advanced workout in Garmin Training Centre, or set it up on the watch? You need to make sure that it is not using the HR zones (which are pretty crap in my opinion), instead using 'custom', which I assume uses your min and max HR values (never tried it, to be honest). Also, might be worth your while making sure your 'beep' is still working.

I have set-up workouts in Garmin Connect ([Workouts] tab), with Min/Max pace, and the alerts worked fine. Too fine, in fact. They were bloody annoying! The only problem with Workouts created in Garmin Connect, is that you only seem to be able to send one to your device (405) at any one time. It seems to erase/overwrite existing work-outs. But maybe that's been fixed since I last tried.
Discovered the problem. I did hit Do Workout but welllll, <deep breath>, apparently you've to hit start as well to get the workout to um, start. <blush>

<wanders off to find the pointy hat with the big D on it>
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-01-2012, 19:30   #1521
jackyback

My home laptop is completly buggered and whilst i can upload my forerunner 305 files to my work laptop it is not recognising the edge 500 device. I have tried updating the drivers etc and it keeps coming up with "This is an unsupported OS version. Must be Windows XP SP3 or better"

Help please, the work laptop is Windows XP and as i mentioned recognises the 305 and file downloads.
19-01-2012, 19:31   #1522
Krusty_Clown

Send a message via AIM to Krusty_Clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyback View Post
My home laptop is completly buggered and whilst i can upload my forerunner 305 files to my work laptop it is not recognising the edge 500 device. I have tried updating the drivers etc and it keeps coming up with "This is an unsupported OS version. Must be Windows XP SP3 or better"

Help please, the work laptop is Windows XP and as i mentioned recognises the 305 and file downloads.
Does it have SP3 installed?
19-01-2012, 19:59   #1523
jackyback

Quote:
Does it have SP3 installed?
It should have i would have thought as automatic updates is switched on I have an SP3 windows update running to be sure so will soon find out if thats an issue.
19-01-2012, 21:57   #1524
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
It should have i would have thought as automatic updates is switched on I have an SP3 windows update running to be sure so will soon find out if thats an issue.
[Start] [Control Panel] [System] should tell you which SP you have installed.
Advertisement
20-01-2012, 00:26   #1525
jackyback

Quote:
[Start] [Control Panel] [System] should tell you which SP you have installed.
SP3 updated on windows, communicator plug in updated, usd drivers updated and i am still getting this message on the Garmin test page...very frustrating

"Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 3.0.1.0.

Garmin GPS device is NOT detected. To complete test, connect device and refresh page. If a Garmin device is connected and you're still having problems, download and install the latest Garmin USB drivers."
20-01-2012, 12:20   #1526
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
SP3 updated on windows, communicator plug in updated, usd drivers updated and i am still getting this message on the Garmin test page...very frustrating

"Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 3.0.1.0.

Garmin GPS device is NOT detected. To complete test, connect device and refresh page. If a Garmin device is connected and you're still having problems, download and install the latest Garmin USB drivers."
Can you try a different browser? how does the 500 communicate; is it via a USB/cradle, or an ANT USB dongle? Could possibly indicate a problem with your device
20-01-2012, 12:33   #1527
jackyback

Sorted KC the work laptop was not recognising/blocking device so a sticky bun and a cup of tea to the IT Manager sorted it. Thanks for your help.
20-01-2012, 15:06   #1528
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
Sorted KC the work laptop was not recognising/blocking device so a sticky bun and a cup of tea to the IT Manager sorted it. Thanks for your help.
Lol. If only all of life's problems could be sorted with a sticky bun and a cup of tea!
21-01-2012, 21:54   #1529
Mint Sauce
Full of minty goodness.

Just got a 310xt.

Downloaded the web uploader, and the driver software before plugging in the USB AGENT key as advised, wouldn't pair with device after plugging in, got error messages for the USB key when trying to open it from the start menu. Emailed it off to support.

Noticed that I didn;t have the Garmin Connect Software, so downloaded this as well.

Tried all again, still the same message for the USB key, also seen an error message for the web uploader, sent this message off as well.

Waiting responces, but any suggestions what I could do in the mean time.
Thanks from:
21-01-2012, 21:59   #1530
Krusty_Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish-stew View Post
Just got a 310xt.

Downloaded the web uploader, and the driver software before plugging in the USB AGENT key as advised, wouldn't pair with device after plugging in, got error messages for the USB key when trying to open it from the start menu. Emailed it off to support.

Noticed that I didn;t have the Garmin Connect Software, so downloaded this as well.

Tried all again, still the same message for the USB key, also seen an error message for the web uploader, sent this message off as well.

Waiting responces, but any suggestions what I could do in the mean time.
Well, don't keep us in suspense! Share the error messages with us and we might be able to help. There is no Garmin Connect software by the way. Just the ANT Agent software, the USB drivers, and optionally, Garmin Training Centre.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion