Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

finisklin wrote: »
    Its forerunner 405cx. Its got the two nodes that clasp onto the underside of the garmin. One of the nodes can't make contact with the garmin as its buried into the set point. Don't ask!

Hope someone has got a spare.

Yep, I have a spare one. If You PM me your address I will send it on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

menoscemo wrote: »
    Yep, I have a spare one. If You PM me your address I will send it on to you.

PM'd you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭terminator74

Did a workout today and while the watch showed activity in progress, the Garmin 610 seemed to reset. When it came back to original screen, the activity was gone and so were my totals. Despite this I uploaded and data seemed to transfer but is not showing up in Strava or Garmin Connect. Any assistance or support or alternative means of locating this workout would be greatly appreciated

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Did a workout today and while the watch showed activity in progress, the Garmin 610 seemed to reset. When it came back to original screen, the activity was gone and so were my totals. Despite this I uploaded and data seemed to transfer but is not showing up in Strava or Garmin Connect. Any assistance or support or alternative means of locating this workout would be greatly appreciated

Is there any file in the folder garmin uses on your computer? You might be able to upload manually if so,

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Hi done a quick search but can't find an answer. Have also emailed Garmin support and they said they would reply in 3-5 business days. Anyway to my question I have a forerunner 10, was working perfectly since I got it but now when I connect it to my computer it shows up as connected but it won't sync.

The globe spins around like it used to when it synced, which used to take a couple of seconds, but I could leave it connected for an hour and it won't do anything.

A Google search said to do a reset, which I did to no joy. Any help would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Are you using Garmin express?

If so maybe uninstall that and then re install it and try again.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are you using Garmin express?

If so maybe uninstall that and then re install it and try again.

Yes using Garmin express, that's where it showing up as connected but not synced. Have already deleted and reinstalled it previously. I should have said that sorry

Can't really think of anything else then. Garmin Express uploads files to your computer and then up to Garmin Connect. Can you check if there are any uploaded files in that folder on your computer? If on Windows 7 it should be:

C:\ProgramData1\Garmin\GarminConnect\DeviceUnitID\Upload

Can you also check you have the latest version of Garmin Express

Can't really think of anything else then. Garmin Express uploads files to your computer and then up to Garmin Connect. Can you check if there are any uploaded files in that folder on your computer? If on Windows 7 it should be:

Nothing in that file. Its performing a time zone map update at the moment and will check the version im running on then

Wow thanks very much, the update has made a difference. Has synced and all uploaded to garmin connect. Thanks a million, should have came here before I reset the watch, lost my best 10k run time, ah well I will know better next time. thanks very much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I have done a thread search and can't find an answer. I used to use one particular laptop for uploading runs from my trusty forerunner 305. That laptop since died and I'm having major problems trying to upload runs since. Any other PC I've tried it on returns a 'cannot find device' message from both strava and garmin connect. Have downloaded garmin express, communicator and updated drivers etc. to no avail. Any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Any other 310xt users noticing that activities wont be saved in history?

Its becoming a regular occurrence for me. Had a quick check and at least 5 times in the last few months I've had to create a manual activity because the watch didnt record the run (this included DCM).

Anything I can do here? I delete the history/totals every month or so and I have the latest version of the firmware. It has taken a few knocks in races and is probably only just over a year old at this stage, but dont know what else it could be. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Its becoming a regular occurrence for me. Had a quick check and at least 5 times in the last few months I've had to create a manual activity because the watch didnt record the run (this included DCM).

Anything I can do here? I delete the history/totals every month or so and I have the latest version of the firmware. It has taken a few knocks in races and is probably only just over a year old at this stage, but dont know what else it could be. Any ideas?
    Sounds like a master reset might be in order, if you haven't done so already. You will lose any settings/unsaved runs though. Master reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

Sounds like a master reset might be in order, if you haven't done so already. You will lose any settings/unsaved runs though. Master reset.

Ive done one before when it froze unexpectedly. I'll give it a whack and keep an eye. Cheers!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

310 doing my head in here last few days. Just did about 4 master resets this morning and still unable to send workouts to the watch.

Replaced ant a couple of weeks ago which improved matters but now I'm just stuck on crap again :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bah transferred to my work computer rather than my laptop and remembered that I need to remove device and resync it completely on the mac when this happens. Lost last week and a half of training over that. :(

Garmin express is head wrecking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

I have a FR 10 and for the last 13 days I can't upload runs to GC. I tried unistalling/reinstalling Garmin Express but it still says it can't find any devices when the watch and USB cable is plugged in to my laptop. I don't think it's the USB cable because it charges it well. I've had a few problems with Garmin Express in that it didn't always automatically upload runs so I used to switch to the old GC and upload them manually but when I try to do this now I get this message

TypeError: deviceDescriptionDoc.getElementsByTagName(...)[0] is undefined

I have no idea what that means. Can anybody help? I have Windows 8 btw if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Have a Forerunner 110 two years now. Recently when attempting to upload to PC it 'saves activity' then watch face goes blank.Pressing of Light switch as advised in booklet has no effect, there seems to be a 12 hour period in which it stays blank- after this the Garmin name appears on the watch and uploading can be done. Could this be a wearing out of the battery? I also get to upload the runs but it may take 12hrs to do so! Any thoughts welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just a sample size of one, but I'll update again after a few weeks.
    But I just took delivery of the Polar wearlink strap and used it tonight with the Garmin transmitter.
    Well judge for yourself:
    Garmin strap easy run last night
    15931757172_fff3f8a436_o.jpg
    Polar strap 2E + 3s + 2E this evening
    15745125450_02cc7cd111_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

I have a FR 10 and for the last 13 days I can't upload runs to GC. I tried unistalling/reinstalling Garmin Express but it still says it can't find any devices when the watch and USB cable is plugged in to my laptop. I don't think it's the USB cable because it charges it well. I've had a few problems with Garmin Express in that it didn't always automatically upload runs so I used to switch to the old GC and upload them manually but when I try to do this now I get this message

TypeError: deviceDescriptionDoc.getElementsByTagName(...)[0] is undefined

I have no idea what that means. Can anybody help? I have Windows 8 btw if that makes any difference

My gf had this last year, I think it means that there is a corrupted run on your device between the last time you uploaded successfully and the present. Did it go a bit mad on any run that you can remember recently as that could be the cluprit. If you remove that file and try again that might do it. I did a full reset to be sure after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just a sample size of one, but I'll update again after a few weeks.
    But I just took delivery of the Polar wearlink strap and used it tonight with the Garmin transmitter.
    Well judge for yourself:
    Garmin strap easy run last night
    15931757172_fff3f8a436_o.jpg
    Polar strap 2E + 3s + 2E this evening
    15745125450_02cc7cd111_o.jpg

Are you wearing the same top each time? I have one top that makes my Garmin HRM go crazy until I have sweated a bit. If I remember to wet a small section of the top where it will contact my skin then it tends to be ok to stop any static issues

viperlogic wrote: »
    Are you wearing the same top each time? I have one top that makes my Garmin HRM go crazy until I have sweated a bit. If I remember to wet a small section of the top where it will contact my skin then it tends to be ok to stop any static issues

It's like that for every top I wear, doesn't matter what I do with it, indoors, outdoors, warm, cold, wet, dry :pac:

I got a new garmin 910xt from amazon a couple of weeks ago. I've been having trouble transferring my runs to GC. The first one it did no bother and it did a swim but I haven't been able to transfer any since. The ant+ stick didn't seem to be registering on my computer so I took it out and was looking at it and I've just dropped it in a cup of tea. How likely is it to ever work again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

I got a new garmin 910xt from amazon a couple of weeks ago. I've been having trouble transferring my runs to GC. The first one it did no bother and it did a swim but I haven't been able to transfer any since. The ant+ stick didn't seem to be registering on my computer so I took it out and was looking at it and I've just dropped it in a cup of tea. How likely is it to ever work again?

Depending on which one you have they are a fairly sealed unit. You may be lucky. Stick it in a sealed container with some rice. If it is banjaxed, you can pick them up for about 15-20e on ebay/adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Was it Barry's or Lyons? If it was Barry's, you might be ok, but if it was Lyons, it might be safer to just dispose of your laptop as well as the ANT+ stick.

If you're doing a bit of xmas shopping, you probably have a few sachets of desiccant lying around. They're the little gel sachets that you find in those Amazon cardboard boxes, in the pockets of new clothing, and in the lids of those fizzy orange vitamin C effervescent tablets. Shove some of them in the bag with Viperlogic's rice, and you might be ok (even if it's Lyons tea).

Thanks guys. I'll try that when I get home.

I only buy Barry's gold label Krusty so hopefully my taste in tea might work to my advantage ;)

Anyone notice the runs getting uploaded to Garmin Connect with random titles?
    My lunch time run today was 'Aberdaron Community Running'!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Anyone in the market for the (used once) Forerunner 15? I know i can throw it up on adverts or what not but since i bought it 3 months ago i only really used it for the killarney adventure race and has lived in its box since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

All my runs are getting uploaded to GC automatically as "Kilkeel Running".
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tunney wrote: »
    All my runs are getting uploaded to GC automatically as "Kilkeel Running".
    Any ideas?

I just got the same earlier also... I assumed that they were doing something like Strava and picking a nearby location to name the run... until I saw Kilkeel is up north.

Advertisement