Best Barber in Limerick II - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-08-2010, 09:09   #31
TestTransmission
Registered User
 
TestTransmission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiborg View Post
i just thought i'd throw this in while this thread is back up-

belissimo are lookin for guys to get their hair cut, they're training the girls to cut guys hair, and best of all- its FREE!!

the girl i go to in there does a great job and gives me exactly what i want, and i'd be a picky f*cker!
really?was gonna go get my haircut tomorrow.

What days?After closing time I'm guessing?
TestTransmission is offline  
Advertisement
10-08-2010, 10:08   #32
xsiborg
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,578
tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening!
xsiborg is offline  
10-08-2010, 10:20   #33
TestTransmission
Registered User
 
TestTransmission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiborg View Post
tuesdays, (that'd be today then says you!), but yeah, if you call belissimo and ask for Lisa, she'll probably squeeze you in after six o clock this evening!
Lousy,working til 8 tonite!

oh well,guess I'll have to pay for my hair cut tomorrow!
TestTransmission is offline  
10-08-2010, 12:39   #34
Kess73
Category Moderator
 
Kess73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tír na nÓg
Posts: 27,738
Send a message via Yahoo to Kess73
Raiser, over a month has gone by. Did you ever get that haircut?
Kess73 is offline  
10-08-2010, 12:42   #35
Melion
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,535
I cant understand how people spend that kind of money on a haircut. I havent been into a barbers in over 5 years now, i bought a head razor back then and have saved myself 100's if not 1000's of euros. I dont even use that anymore, i just shave my head as im shaving my neck and trimming my beard now.
Melion is offline  
Advertisement
10-08-2010, 21:17   #36
Mc Love
Registered User
 
Mc Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LK
Posts: 8,087
I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes
Mc Love is offline  
Thanks from:
10-08-2010, 21:57   #37
An File
Lording over insects
 
An File's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 21,172
Send a message via Skype™ to An File
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Love View Post
I dont understand people that would let someone to cut their hair for free or for training purposes
What's there to understand? You get a free hair-cut, some young person gets to learn their trade, everybody wins!
An File is offline  
Thanks from:
10-08-2010, 22:37   #38
Mc Love
Registered User
 
Mc Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LK
Posts: 8,087
Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut
Mc Love is offline  
10-08-2010, 22:55   #39
xsiborg
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Love View Post
Yeah but more likely you will end up with a ****e haircut
i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine!

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion...
xsiborg is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-08-2010, 23:27   #40
Mc Love
Registered User
 
Mc Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: LK
Posts: 8,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsiborg View Post
i'd tend to disagree with you here, unless you think your locks should only grace the covers of "attitude" magazine!

as i said, i'd be very picky about the way i like my hair cut, which is why if you look in the other "barbers" thread, i had no problem going to Figaros and paying €21 for a haircut, because i got exactly what I wanted, as opposed to a short, back n sides, for €13.50.

i only went to belisimo once, and the girl was extremely professional and guided and overseen by her manager at every stage.

was it a risk? absolutely! i could have ended up with a ****e haircut, but i didnt, which is why i made the recommendation. i've often paid a lot more for a lot worse!

however, i digress, you are entitled to your opinion...
Fair enough, I would also pay the 21 euro and go to figaros
Mc Love is offline  
11-08-2010, 12:13   #41
Kess73
Category Moderator
 
Kess73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tír na nÓg
Posts: 27,738
Send a message via Yahoo to Kess73
Went to try out Carols today and last Saturday and it was closed up on both days.

With luck it is because she is on holiday or something as I generally hate seeing places close down.
Kess73 is offline  
11-08-2010, 12:24   #42
kilburn
Registered User
 
kilburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Limerick City
Posts: 1,879
Hope she isnt closed down. Shes a lovely woman, could be on holidays

Last edited by kilburn; 11-08-2010 at 16:43. Reason: passed this afternoon shes open
kilburn is offline  
13-08-2010, 19:51   #43
Jigga
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 931
The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?
Jigga is offline  
14-08-2010, 00:17   #44
Beer Baron
Registered User
 
Beer Baron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19,267
Send a message via MSN to Beer Baron Send a message via Skype™ to Beer Baron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigga View Post
The prices in Ali's Barbers has risen to €10 Mon-Thurs and €13 on the weekends. Anyone know of any other cheap barbers around town?
I was informed this morning with the gown thing around me that the price was €13 and would I still like a cut?

He then said "do you think you will come back now that the prices are back up"

So in good recessionary times I said "NO!"
Beer Baron is offline  
14-08-2010, 09:14   #45
whodyamacallit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2

Ali's puttin their prices up, that's a pain, main reason i was going was coz of the price... was only going for a haircut today as well, sickened... i feel wronged... in saying that though, i've always come away with a decent haircut when i've gotten everyone except the me one in the corner on the right...... she's a bit reckless when she's trying to make it seem like she's good...

I think paying 10 quid for a haircut anywhere is enough anyway, unless you're gettin dyes or shapes/designs shaved into your hair...

Last edited by whodyamacallit; 14-08-2010 at 09:19.
whodyamacallit is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet