Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Best Barber in Limerick II

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Just been going through this thread as my fella has his first job interview in 2 years next week and he needs some serious tidying.

Thinking of trying Carols due to all the recommendations but can anyone suggest somewhere to get a really good shave - he has a beard and it needs thorough renovation and modernisation for a reasonable cost.

I just know he's going to go mad at probably having to pay more than €10 for a haircut but I reckon for this it'll be worth it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gavmurf89

Any new favourites around the city lads?
    Must get a chop tomorrow and was thinking Retro on Denmark st but am open to opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I go to Max's barber in Castletroy just off the Kilmurray roundabout, €9.50 for a basic No.2 all over, bit more for the metrosexuals who require a sissors cut :D
    Take care of ear & nose hair too, if you sat there long enough wouldn't be surprised if they looked after your bikini line also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

fleabag wrote: »
    Just been going through this thread as my fella has his first job interview in 2 years next week and he needs some serious tidying.

Thinking of trying Carols due to all the recommendations but can anyone suggest somewhere to get a really good shave - he has a beard and it needs thorough renovation and modernisation for a reasonable cost.

I just know he's going to go mad at probably having to pay more than €10 for a haircut but I reckon for this it'll be worth it.

Thanks!

Pat Stapleton on O'Connell street is excellent for shaves and beard trims. He gives a proper beard trim and he does proper hot towel shaves. A lot of other barbers advertise it, but many in Limerick do little better than a man would do himself at home.

Another Pat that is excellent and I generally mention him is Pat out in Razors barbers in Thomondgate. He does very tidy jobs on beards and does a decent shave although not quite as good as Pat Stapleton does.

There is also a family member of Pat's (second Pat) working in Razors who is excellent at styling beards. Cannot remember her name but she is the only other person there. If you want to get a beard styled and have that style be both tidy and modern, then she is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oaklands1981

Where's the woman that used to work in jonnys in castletroy gone. The one with the tatts. She was sound and good . Anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Where's the woman that used to work in jonnys in castletroy gone. The one with the tatts. She was sound and good . Anyone know

Don't know - She drove a white Celica, worst driver I've ever seen, nearly totalled me one day through maniac tail-gating, hope she's still with us.....

- Did Johnny ever start giving out change since, has a name for being caught short at the till!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Retro is still excellent!

I've fining up going to jonnys such a quick staff changeover u were never sure of how u were going to come out. Then the loyalty card which seemed to be in operation one week and gone the next time you came in and yes the change thing still there

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

whats figaro barbers like these days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sf80

Modern Man on Sarsfield St.

What's modern man on sarsfield st like

Raiser wrote: »

Don't know - She drove a white Celica, worst driver I've ever seen, nearly totalled me one day through maniac tail-gating, hope she's still with us.....

- Did Johnny ever start giving out change since, has a name for being caught short at the till!
    What's her name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Place in Caherdavin, think its called TC's, very good cut and is a lovely fella.

€12/14 for the cut, can't really remember which one it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Place in Caherdavin, think its called TC's, very good cut and is a lovely fella.

€12/14 for the cut, can't really remember which one it is

JC's....James Corless, he used to work in Blades on Thomas Street/Foxes Bow afaik, got my haircut there once, very tidy job!!

Anyone seen Dave Gillespie around these days?

alan1990 wrote: »
    JC's....James Corless, he used to work in Blades on Thomas Street/Foxes Bow afaik, got my haircut there once, very tidy job!!

Anyone seen Dave Gillespie around these days?

Thats it, JC's...not TC's

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭jsd1004

RVN10 wrote: »
    15€ for gents and 10€ for oaps he was saying

Cant understand how a business gives discounts for certain people. A business is a business. If you can give a pensioner a haircut for 10euro why can you not do it for the others. I somehow doubt they take a loss just to cater for the older generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Anyone know the opening hours of JC's?

Any pricing difference between weekdays and weekends?

I normally go to Gavin & Moore on Thomas street in Limerick city though JC's would be more convenient when I'm going to and from work.

Champ wrote: »

I normally go to Gavin & Moore on Thomas street in Limerick city though JC's would be more convenient when I'm going to and from work.

Monday - Thursday 9-6.30
    Friday 9-7.30
    Sat - Sun Unsure:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

The price for an adult haircut is €14 at all times, good value considering you get, imo, a very good haircut, I've being going here since it opened last year and to be honest, I wouldn't get my haircut anywhere else since he has opened. I travel from the opposite side of the city to go there. Good barbers are hard to come by but these two are excellent in my opinion.

Saturday hours are 9-6 I think and they're closed on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Alright went to JC's based on the positive boards review.
    Got a very good haircut at a good price. :)
    They're definitely a nice option from the normal budget or expensive places available in city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pat Stapleton on O'Connell street is excellent for shaves and beard trims. He gives a proper beard trim and he does proper hot towel shaves. A lot of other barbers advertise it, but many in Limerick do little better than a man would do himself at home.

Another Pat that is excellent and I generally mention him is Pat out in Razors barbers in Thomondgate. He does very tidy jobs on beards and does a decent shave although not quite as good as Pat Stapleton does.

There is also a family member of Pat's (second Pat) working in Razors who is excellent at styling beards. Cannot remember her name but she is the only other person there. If you want to get a beard styled and have that style be both tidy and modern, then she is top notch.

Pat Stapleton is "The World's best barber ":)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Alright went to JC's based on the positive boards review.
    Got a very good haircut at a good price. :)
    They're definitely a nice option from the normal budget or expensive places available in city centre.

Started going there a few months back myself aswell, can't fault it.

where the cheapest haircut good place in town in limerick for a tidy up

Garvey's is €10, but can be very hit and miss.
    J.C's is €14, but seems to be getting great review, I found them very good.

Garvey's is €10, but can be very hit and miss.
    J.C's is €14, but seems to be getting great review, I found them very good.

were is garveys ill chance it aka counting the pennies stupid 3dsxl :D

Just try your best the not get the oldest barber and you should be ok:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

whats figaro barbers like these days ?

I typically go to Eric for my cut but if he is on holidays or off I get Brian. Both brilliant at their job. And I love the hot towel after too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

killwill wrote: »
    I typically go to Eric for my cut but if he is on holidays or off I get Brian. Both brilliant at their job. And I love the hot towel after too!!!!

I was in there yesterday,
    very happy
    Will be going back there again

I was in there yesterday,
    very happy
    Will be going back there again

ok what this place you guys are raving about ill try this place instead :D how much just for a tidy up 2 on the side and sciccor on top

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ok what this place you guys are raving about ill try this place instead :D how much just for a tidy up 2 on the side and sciccor on top

Figaro's on Bedford Row - bit more expensive than a few of the other places but you get what you pay for!