Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-06-2010, 19:34   #1
Yakult

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

This thread is now for general discussion, if you want to post a snapshot of your story follow this link to speciefic thread (likewise for other topics where we have threads provided)

Snapshot of Your Story

Player Recommendations

Tactics[/B]

Last edited by Yakult; 22-06-2011 at 03:32.
Advertisement
01-07-2010, 02:26   #2
IvySlayer

Send a message via Skype™ to IvySlayer
Shooting to goal ratio, the amounts of shots saved/missed is ridiculous.

Press conferences. Too repetitive. Same question every week.

I'd like a proper online element, not just LAN only things!
(2) thanks from:
01-07-2010, 02:31   #3
civis_liberalis

Since they also have FM Live, I don't think that online is a huge priority for them in the main game.
01-07-2010, 14:08   #4
elnino35

proper licences for the german national teams...save messing around with all that fake files set up..also some kind of foreign academy set up for your club.
(2) thanks from:
06-07-2010, 12:37   #5
Wonda-Boy

Female ass managers......
Advertisement
06-07-2010, 16:26   #6
Dempsey

The transfer system needs work

e.g. being able to agree a compensation package for the rest of a players contract once he's signed a pre contract with another club.

pay as you play deals for injury prone players

training & coaching.

the current setup doesnt really reflect what happens IRL so they could do alot there
Thanks from:
07-07-2010, 11:37   #7
Diddy Kong

Send a message via MSN to Diddy Kong
- A 'resolution' centre where you can have a face-to-face meeting with a player and try and resolve personal issues/unhappiness, etc. Things like making them promises about their future at the club, your club's ambition, etc.

- Something similar when signing a player, instead of the "key player/squad/backup/etc" being actually able to provide feedback about where you see the club going, and promises about their future.

- Maybe some sort of online achievement board. I know steam has the achievements, but something along the line that you can compare your team with your friends teams, see who has won the most, etc. A bit like the manager details about games, highest transfers paid etc.

- The ability to develop new rivals in the game, in one of my saves I was sacked as manager of Woking in the Championship for pushing for a new stadium (its was only like 6000) and eventually moved to Bristol City and would like to see a rivalry sprout up because of the sacking.

- More detailed training/tactics - like the ability to create set pieces routines.

- I know the money option for the manager is realist enough, but an option to bung it to papers to get better reports or bribe agents (like in real life). Probably wouldn't happen, but might be nice to actually see some benefit to it.

Think thats about it
09-07-2010, 13:49   #8
ctrl-alt-delete

The most annoying thing for me is the press conference thing.

It is way too repetitive. I know you can send your assistant to do it but it affects your hands on role at the club i think.

I'm not that pushed on it, i'd rather see it dropped than continue as it currently is.
09-07-2010, 14:59   #9
Dempsey

IRL, press conferences are repetitive
Advertisement
09-07-2010, 15:43   #10
Diddy Kong

Send a message via MSN to Diddy Kong
Maybe an adaption on the press conferences would be the way to go? Like instead of before and after matches you have a monthly conference that you have to attend and then the weekly ones can be attended by the Ass Manager, but using similar responses to that of your monthly meetings.

Another thing, going on the line of realism, maybe some interaction with agents. When you scout a player the scout gives an indication if the player would be interested in coming to your club. Maybe an interaction with the agent might be an option.
I think there was a similar feature a few versions ago, but the agent used to send clips on a player to you.

Similar thing with dealing with problem players, in the game when dealing with players you give a warning or a fine. I'd like to see options of making them train with the U18 or reserves for a couple of weeks.
10-07-2010, 15:48   #11
Junior D

When is the release date?
12-07-2010, 07:40   #12
Reganio 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrl-alt-delete View Post
It is way too repetitive. I know you can send your assistant to do it but it affects your hands on role at the club i think.
Just to let you know I don't think that's true. My Hands on approach is 17 and I haven't done 1 press conference (Bar the one you have to attend when you join) and I have been playing for 7 years so I am fairly sure it has nothing to do with it.
Thanks from:
15-07-2010, 23:05   #13
pablomakaveli

I'd love dynamic league reputations. It's always hard take LOI clubs very far in the game because the leagues reputation stays the same regardless of how rich and successful the clubs in the league becomes.
(3) thanks from:
20-07-2010, 22:45   #14
civis_liberalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomakaveli View Post
I'd love dynamic league reputations. It's always hard take LOI clubs very far in the game because the leagues reputation stays the same regardless of how rich and successful the clubs in the league becomes.
That would be stepping away from realism, which is something they are striving towards.
22-07-2010, 13:29   #15
pablomakaveli

How so? I think it would be better because when you put a lot of time and effort into building a small club into a much stronger and richer club only to hit a wall it makes that investment of time and effort less worthwhile.

A leagues and clubs reputation is dynamic in real life anyway so it would make sense.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion