O2 iPhone Customers - Get out of contract! - Page 42 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

21-06-2010, 15:12   #616
Irishrossoblu

Just called O2 and got told that as I am on an Unlimited plan, I cannot get out of my contract. Hmmm
Advertisement
21-06-2010, 15:14   #617
whiterebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBallantine View Post
That's good news... Vodafone would allow you to keep your number if you ported it over to someone else? That's different to the info given previously, where people were saying you'd lose your number.

So fair play to Vodafone, I was wrong to say they were unfairly threatening people with losing their number if they tried to invoke Reg 17.
Shocking they would even threaten to remove someone's number, not matter what the circumstance. I would imagine ComReg wouldn't be long giving them a short sharp kick in the knackers for it.
21-06-2010, 15:32   #618
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

I doubt comreg would even care.
21-06-2010, 15:33   #619
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishrossoblu View Post
Just called O2 and got told that as I am on an Unlimited plan, I cannot get out of my contract. Hmmm
Really? Are you not charged for 11811 calls as it is?
21-06-2010, 16:04   #620
Irishrossoblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddockman View Post
Really? Are you not charged for 11811 calls as it is?
Well. Now thats interesting. Just called up 1909, and a woman told me that as I never call 11811, it doesnt really apply to me. Are they having me on?
Advertisement
21-06-2010, 16:06   #621
turnsoutIwas

They are changing the terms of the contract therefore you can get out.
Call back now and tell them you had planned to start calling 11811 but now you cant so you want out.

Quote:
Well. Now thats interesting. Just called up 1909, and a woman told me that as I never call 11811, it doesnt really apply to me. Are they having me on?
Thanks from:
21-06-2010, 16:09   #622
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

I think o2 are making up the rules as they go along.
21-06-2010, 16:20   #623
Irishrossoblu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddockman View Post
I think o2 are making up the rules as they go along.
They told me that I would have to port mu number to a different network, as It seems as though I dont want to stay on O2. But if they change the cost of the 11811 then they are changing my contract, no?
21-06-2010, 16:21   #624
ShirleyG

Thank you shreadneck

I got my return call from O2 they asked if I was planning on switching network, I said I was because I can get a discount with vodafone, but I'm hoping to get a newer model of phone so I'm willing to stay on for a few months. She said no problem at all your contract will be cancled not your account. And its barely any problem as I only had 5 months left anyway.

She was very nice. I gave her my email address and she said she would send out confirmation.

Regards
Shirls
Advertisement
21-06-2010, 16:24   #625
dougs09

just rang them there, first, i went into the store and the guy point blank refused to talk about it, said all he could say on the matter was tell me to ring customer care. so i done so when i came home, spoke to the girl, told her i wanted to cancel my contract, she said i still had 6 months to go, then i told her i wanted to change it as i read that it can be done so, she asked me was this in relation to the increase in call charges, i said yet, so she put me through to a dedicated department who are dealing with it.

spoke to a guy called mark i think, must say he was spot on, he was talking about the weather and everything, then he asked me did i want to cancel it completely or move to another tarriff that might suit me better, i just wanted out completely so, i stayed with them, but moved onto speakeasy.

i might just leave the number with them and top it up every now and again with credit, as it's handy to have it for the pre-sale tickets.

but happy days, the contract didnt even make the year as it was taken out the 26/6, so getting out of it now makes it all the sweeter
21-06-2010, 16:42   #626
deravarra

Just rang and cancelled the contract - however, something a little bit strange - she said that by cancelling the contract, I was now agreeing to be charged the new rates for anything outside of my bundle.

Are they entitled to do this?
21-06-2010, 16:43   #627
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Quote:
They told me that I would have to port mu number to a different network, as It seems as though I dont want to stay on O2. But if they change the cost of the 11811 then they are changing my contract, no?
They are. That is the whole point in why people are cancelling.
21-06-2010, 16:44   #628
turnsoutIwas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deravarra View Post
Just rang and cancelled the contract - however, something a little bit strange - she said that by cancelling the contract, I was now agreeing to be charged the new rates for anything outside of my bundle.

Yes-thats why they let you out....
21-06-2010, 16:47   #629
dougs09

Quote:
Originally Posted by deravarra View Post

sounds like you've not had it cancelled completely?

the guy told me that i am now out of contract, and that i'm on speakeasy, and i rang back 19o9 and they said that it was for contract users only and i had to ring speakeasy customer care, so i know for definete that i am out of my contract, were you given any sort of indications that your contract will be ripped up??
21-06-2010, 16:50   #630
Our man in Havana
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs09 View Post
sounds like you've not had it cancelled completely?

the guy told me that i am now out of contract, and that i'm on speakeasy, and i rang back 19o9 and they said that it was for contract users only and i had to ring speakeasy customer care, so i know for definete that i am out of my contract, were you given any sort of indications that your contract will be ripped up??
I has a feeling alot of people have been hoodwinked by o2.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed