Best place to emigrate to? - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
12-06-2010, 23:23   #31
FruitLover
Butt Demon
 
FruitLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 東京都
Posts: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
Mexico.... cheap, beautiful, exciting and with amazing people
Pretty exciting these days alright - murders and kidnappings galore!
FruitLover is offline  
Advertisement
12-06-2010, 23:23   #32
owenc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
And the majority of the people I met there are to say the least, rude, ignorant, arrogant, generally just nasty pieces of work i'm sorry to say. I'd move there too only for the locals.
Yes, the doors didn't have locks and when we were there a man came down through the middle of the day into our villa begging us for money, i was up all night for the rest of the holiday every single day. sometimes i wish it was never dark.
owenc is offline  
12-06-2010, 23:26   #33
Biggins
Banned
 
Biggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 33,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Yes, the doors didn't have locks and when we were there a man came down through the middle of the day into our villa begging us for money, i was up all night for the rest of the holiday every single day. sometimes i wish it was never dark.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but its like everywhere else I suppose, it depends on what area your staying in and the quality of the accommodation at that locality.
There are much nicer places in Nice too.

The locals I found to be absolutely lovely. It was some incoming arrogant foreign tourists who were the occasional pain - but you get that everywhere else too.
Biggins is offline  
12-06-2010, 23:28   #34
NewApproach
Registered User
 
NewApproach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman View Post
The one with Facepalm street in it...
Did you keep refreshing after you posted your first post, just until someone said 'which town' so you could say you punchline straight away??

How incredibly sad.
NewApproach is offline  
12-06-2010, 23:28   #35
owenc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but its like everywhere else I suppose, it depends on what area your staying in and the quality of the accommodation at that locality.

There are much nicer places in Nice too.
I don't really like mainland europe anyway, because its not an english speaking place, this for me makes it very unhomeable as you do not know what anyone is saying and everything is in a different language, that is why i love america, everything in english , same music everything the same but better!
owenc is offline  
Advertisement
12-06-2010, 23:31   #36
Biggins
Banned
 
Biggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 33,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
I don't really like mainland europe anyway, because its not an english speaking place, this for me makes it very unhomeable as you do not know what anyone is saying and everything is in a different language, that is why i love america, everything in english , same music everything the same but better!
I can understand that ok.

For me though, its also about experiencing another foreign culture - and languages, variations of music, etc are part of that for me.
If I just wanted another country with same languages, same music, same others stuff I'd go that way too understandably - but then why bother if some of it is still the same?

Wherever you end up anyway, enjoy.
Biggins is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet