Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2011, 10:37   #31
Griffin87

i dunno i always get so hyped up about tw games.

But my head was wreaked after buying empire so im going just ignore the reveiws and just look at the twcenter forums.

Please dont mess this game up CA.

the game a year developement cycle is probally why the tw games are so buggy at the moment.
Advertisement
07-01-2011, 13:02   #32
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin87 View Post
i dunno i always get so hyped up about tw games.

But my head was wreaked after buying empire so im going just ignore the reveiws and just look at the twcenter forums.

Please dont mess this game up CA.

the game a year developement cycle is probally why the tw games are so buggy at the moment.
Are they still very buggy?have'nt played them in a while now.
12-01-2011, 17:10   #33
Dave_The_Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_dude View Post
Are they still very buggy?have'nt played them in a while now.
I've gotten them all within a few months of release, and I hadn't noticed too many bugs to be honest. Main problem has been the battle and campaign AI being a bit pants.

I still love Empire and Napoleon TW, going to try some multiplayer campaign this week and see what it's like.
12-01-2011, 18:15   #34
evercloserunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_The_Sheep View Post
I've gotten them all within a few months of release, and I hadn't noticed too many bugs to be honest. Main problem has been the battle and campaign AI being a bit pants.

I still love Empire and Napoleon TW, going to try some multiplayer campaign this week and see what it's like.
Campaign AI was incredibly frustrating, especially in Shogun I. Alliances were pretty much useless, because as soon as your "ally" saw an undefended territory of yours...
12-01-2011, 21:43   #35
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by evercloserunion View Post
Campaign AI was incredibly frustrating, especially in Shogun I. Alliances were pretty much useless, because as soon as your "ally" saw an undefended territory of yours...
He would attack?
Advertisement
13-01-2011, 09:49   #36
Dave_The_Sheep

Quote:
Be fair to it though - how many times have you done the same thing to your allies?

I can only answer for myself - ****loads. Only in Empire have I seen alliances as anything other then temporary delays to me invading their brains out while I deal with someone else.

That's probably due to the allies' tendencies (as you say) to stab you in the back in previous games - they don't do it in Empire that much. Only now do I feel a bit of solidarity with my allies, particularly my weaker ones.
13-01-2011, 11:10   #37
evercloserunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_The_Sheep View Post
Be fair to it though - how many times have you done the same thing to your allies?

I can only answer for myself - ****loads. Only in Empire have I seen alliances as anything other then temporary delays to me invading their brains out while I deal with someone else.

That's probably due to the allies' tendencies (as you say) to stab you in the back in previous games - they don't do it in Empire that much. Only now do I feel a bit of solidarity with my allies, particularly my weaker ones.
That's it though, players don't respect alliances because the AI doesn't. I wasn't really inclined to screw my allies over until I realised that the AI doesn't particularly care about alliances.

Just remembered something else though--Geisha assassins. Those b*tches could bring down empires. Good times.
13-01-2011, 11:52   #38
Dave_The_Sheep

Quote:
That's it though, players don't respect alliances because the AI doesn't. I wasn't really inclined to screw my allies over until I realised that the AI doesn't particularly care about alliances.

Just remembered something else though--Geisha assassins. Those b*tches could bring down empires. Good times.
Those bitches were too f*cking powerful. You could have the ****tiest army in the world but once you had a Geisha, it was a game of hide and go seek with the enemy - if he could take your provinces before you could nail his Daimyo, or vica versa. Kinda ruined the end-game for me.

I see what you're saying regarding the alliances, but for me if I saw a massive opportunity to backstab an ally and gain loads of ground, odds are I'd do it, regardless of how long we'd been allied or how loyal and helpful they'd been. Though I have to say, it is nice to have an ally you can trust in the Empire/Napoleon games. Of course, they will eventually hate you if you take over enough land via the "territorial expansion" modifier.
18-01-2011, 21:02   #39
Dillonb3

I'm probably going to buy just the limited edition for the unlockable faction some of the prices I saw quoted for the editions with the chessboard and figurine seems a bit excessive for just a game and a chessboard I'd probably never use
Advertisement
18-01-2011, 22:26   #40
Coriolanus

Send a message via MSN to Coriolanus Send a message via Skype™ to Coriolanus
Not mad about the chessboard. Would have preferred a more tasteful in unpainted wood or something.

As for alliances, I don't see why they couldn't do what they used to do in Civ and give a random attribute to loyalty. Some allies would betray you, some wouldn't etc.
22-01-2011, 07:43   #41
uglyjohn

i liked how in shogun it would eventually end up with a few large factions. i dont know if it was the AI or the map but it always worked out better than the other TW games where it ends up with me steam rolling 20 tiny factions.
22-01-2011, 17:01   #42
evercloserunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyjohn View Post
i liked how in shogun it would eventually end up with a few large factions. i dont know if it was the AI or the map but it always worked out better than the other TW games where it ends up with me steam rolling 20 tiny factions.
I dunno, in Rome it always ended up me and those f*cking Egyptians.
11-02-2011, 19:32   #43
Sasquatch76
Closed Account

Official trailer has now been released. Looks lovely, and of course shows no gameplay whatsoever

11-02-2011, 21:25   #44
evercloserunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch76 View Post
Official trailer has now been released. Looks lovely, and of course shows no gameplay whatsoever
Terrible trailer tbh. I am absolutely none the wiser about the game.

And what was that swordfight about, completely irrelevant.
15-02-2011, 17:53   #45
Maximilian

Just as well a demo is being released next week then..

22nd Feb from Steam apparently.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion