Golf Videos on YouTube - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-05-2010, 09:30   #16
Brewster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Flaps View Post
Yeah, I too like Shawn Clement, have watched quite a number of his.

I have picked up some good stuff from the Bionic Gloves YouTube channel.
Particularly stuff by the pro Barry Bonifield. I find he explains things very well.Here's just a few of his many.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bionicgl...21/PUcUEo5-qEo
http://www.youtube.com/user/bionicgl...24/ku8blsVysUY
http://www.youtube.com/user/bionicgl...82/6BdNpsckjoI

Eric Gilliland is good too, on the same channel.

David Blair is a guy I discovered recently on youtube. I like the simplicity of his (sadly few) videos.
One of his here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/progolf2.../0/A9PO9cmx9X0

I may purchase his video. Or maybe subscribe to his online library.
Have any of you heard of him?
I am getting coached by David Blair in Ireland, he comes over every 5 or 6 weeks as he is based in UK. He is a great teacher, his videos used to be free but he now charges for them on his website. Not expensive though
Brewster is offline  
Advertisement
24-05-2010, 10:42   #17
Ginny007
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
When he comes over where does he give his lessons ???
Ginny007 is offline  
24-05-2010, 11:13   #18
Zak Flaps
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
I am getting coached by David Blair in Ireland, he comes over every 5 or 6 weeks as he is based in UK. He is a great teacher, his videos used to be free but he now charges for them on his website. Not expensive though
Yeah, doesn't seem to be too pricey.

Where does he give the lessons when he comes over?
Is he expensive?
Zak Flaps is offline  
24-05-2010, 11:43   #19
Brewster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak Flaps View Post
Yeah, doesn't seem to be too pricey.

Where does he give the lessons when he comes over?
Is he expensive?
He coaches out of Naas golf driving range, he is 90 euros for a 75 minute session but is definitely not a clock watcher.

If you are interested you can pm me and I will provide some more details.
Brewster is offline  
28-05-2010, 20:33   #20
EnjoyandImprove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 28
i think gary alliss is very good, his videos are interesting and he is feckin hilarious
EnjoyandImprove is offline  
Advertisement
13-07-2012, 21:41   #21
Alrite Chief
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 415
Mark Crossfield (4golfonline youtube channel) There isn't a aspect of your game he doesn't have something for. Very easy to follow and explains everything.

Paul Wilson (PeakPerformanceGolf youtube channel) Again this fella has everything but the videos are a bit too long. However he does explain everything very well.

To be honest i wouldn't really bother with anyone else.
Alrite Chief is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-07-2012, 10:14   #22
The_Kew_Tour
Registered User
 
The_Kew_Tour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Be like a Russian Peasant in French Patisserie
Posts: 21,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrite Chief View Post
Mark Crossfield (4golfonline youtube channel) There isn't a aspect of your game he doesn't have something for. Very easy to follow and explains everything.

Paul Wilson (PeakPerformanceGolf youtube channel) Again this fella has everything but the videos are a bit too long. However he does explain everything very well.

To be honest i wouldn't really bother with anyone else.
Just had look at some of his videos.

they are excellent.

thanks.
The_Kew_Tour is offline  
Thanks from:
14-07-2012, 16:57   #23
Alrite Chief
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 415
No problem mate glad i could help. I start using youtube a lot about 6 months ago. Brilliant tool to have for golf but there is so many bum steers on it. Lads teaching methods a pro would never get you to do. Little tricks to straighten shots for instance which only lead to problems in the rest of your game. However these two boys are top notch. I know there is a few more but at least stick with lads on there who have at least 90% thanks on their videos.
Alrite Chief is offline  
Thanks from:
15-07-2012, 09:16   #24
The_Kew_Tour
Registered User
 
The_Kew_Tour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Be like a Russian Peasant in French Patisserie
Posts: 21,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrite Chief View Post
No problem mate glad i could help. I start using youtube a lot about 6 months ago. Brilliant tool to have for golf but there is so many bum steers on it. Lads teaching methods a pro would never get you to do. Little tricks to straighten shots for instance which only lead to problems in the rest of your game. However these two boys are top notch. I know there is a few more but at least stick with lads on there who have at least 90% thanks on their videos.

I think you should always go to Pro for lesson or 2 if stuck or to get into the game, but cause they cant show you everything you can learn some things from internet and get some useful tips to try out.

He seems to know his stuff, was good find and again thanks for sharing.
The_Kew_Tour is offline  
Advertisement
15-07-2012, 10:44   #25
Alrite Chief
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 415
Iv actually never got a lesson. I just couldn't justify it. Iv seen and overheard tons of lessons been given and just feel its not for me. Its a lot of money to pay out for a hobby. One lesson just leads to another I'd imagine. If I got down to a level where I ended up competing in really big comps then I could probably justify it. Then again without a load of lessons I never will :-)
Alrite Chief is offline  
15-07-2012, 13:15   #26
The_Kew_Tour
Registered User
 
The_Kew_Tour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Be like a Russian Peasant in French Patisserie
Posts: 21,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrite Chief View Post
Iv actually never got a lesson. I just couldn't justify it. Iv seen and overheard tons of lessons been given and just feel its not for me. Its a lot of money to pay out for a hobby. One lesson just leads to another I'd imagine. If I got down to a level where I ended up competing in really big comps then I could probably justify it. Then again without a load of lessons I never will :-)
Well if it works for you then good for you.

I know friend who never got lesson and took advice from Books like Ernie Els and Nick Faldo and took lessons from Internet and has got his handicap down from 18 to 4 in 2 years. Not bad!

I just think that if you really dont see much change in your game then lesson with Pro might be way forward. I agree though that it can be expensive, especially in todays world.

But you made one great point in that one lesson leads to another. Pro cant cover everything and sometimes you just need advice from Youtube or Golf Site to help you out.
The_Kew_Tour is offline  
15-07-2012, 13:47   #27
leprechaun47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 113
Missing Links is a good channel. Father and son doing a lot of course blogs. Done with a great hd camera too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissingL...eature=g-all-u
leprechaun47 is offline  
15-07-2012, 17:21   #28
Alrite Chief
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kew_Tour View Post

But you made one great point in that one lesson leads to another. Pro cant cover everything and sometimes you just need advice from Youtube or Golf Site to help you out.
Exactly. I mean sometimes for your sanity a lesson lets say on Driving could be worth it if you are really struggling for a long while with it. However no matter how good the pro is he will take more than one lesson to learn about you for a start. Before you know it you could be 4 or 5 lessons and 200 quid down and you are still not hitting straight. You'll have probably learned why you are not but implementing it is the hard part.
Alrite Chief is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet