Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dominos make pizza with their bare hands???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

ball wrote: »
    Surely if they used gloves, the dough would taste like latex?

Funny that would spring to mind, you must be very accustomed to the taste of latex ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

ball wrote: »
    I agree with you, but you are very drunk

yep ive been drinking vodka with my eastern eurpoean friend whos over for the day to collect his dole :).

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Funny that would spring to mind, you must be very accustomed to the taste of latex ha!
    I am, I used to wear gloves while making pizza

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 164 ✭✭yogy

OP don't EVER, EVER have sex..if you knew the sick shit that went on then you would be scarred for life if you think not-wearing gloves while food prepping is bad!!!

As has been said before get the number of a good psychiatrist...you may have a mild form of OCD or MR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

I was in Dominos with a friend tonight, usually never eat fast food as I'm allergic to eggs and some other foods so have to be careful. Anyway you could see where they were preparing the pizza and to my horror the guy was rolling the dough, spreading the toppings etc with his bare hands!! I asked my friend and he said that's the same in all dominos?? He could have anything on his hands! Wiped his nose, etc.

Does anyone find this disgusting? And is this normal, like does it go on in apache, four star, etc also?

Bubble Boy, is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭conorhal

Jeez, are you a bubble boy or something? Did you wear gloves to eat your pizza?

Frankly you sound phobic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

to my horror the guy was rolling the dough, spreading the toppings etc with his bare hands!! I asked my friend and he said that's the same in all dominos?? He could have anything on his hands! Wiped his nose, etc.

Does anyone find this disgusting? And is this normal, like does it go on in apache, four star, etc also?

There's a theory behind this...

Basically.. if the staff were to wear gloves they may be less inclined to wash their hands frequently...

You've watched cooking shows on the tv right?

Bare hands there too usually...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

There are more germ cells in your body than there are actual cells in your body.

Once I found this out, I never worried about germs again. Eat nutritious food, sleep well, and wrap yourself up in colder weather and let your natural defenses take care of it all.

Please don't go around with the notion that your mouth is sterile but for the pizza guy's hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Op reminds me of that chick out of glee , the one who's always cleaning things down for germs .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Have you ever gotten sick eating restaurant food? Packaged food? "Fresh" food from your supermarket (bread, salads, etc.)?

All those could've been handled by bare hands. Chances are, while you may have been coincidentally sick once or twice before, overall your experience has been pretty much normal-- you feel just fine.

Your body's used to different bacteria. It has a good immune system. Those germs don't matter, your body can handle them, so what's there to get worried about?

Sounds like you're germophobic, people like that drive me mad.. they're often more sickly than the average population since they keep everything too sterile so their body cannot build natural defenses due to lack of exposure, so when they go out into the big bad dirty world they're far more likely to get sick. Kind of silly, don't you think?

Embrace your immune system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I worked in the restaurant in Dunnes Stores, looked after the wok & pizza (I'm that elite).

The management told me to where gloves whilst doing all this. The pizza oven there was an Artisan Fire oven (essentially like an open oven with a fire in it to bake the pizza). One time while getting a pizza out, the gloves started to melt on my hand.

They were told to f*ck right off with their gloves policy after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I was in Dominos with a friend tonight, usually never eat fast food as I'm allergic to eggs and some other foods so have to be careful. Anyway you could see where they were preparing the pizza and to my horror the guy was rolling the dough, spreading the toppings etc with his bare hands!! I asked my friend and he said that's the same in all dominos?? He could have anything on his hands! Wiped his nose, etc.

LOL

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Can I recommend you move into a bubble?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

If bare hands cooking food freaks ya out, wait till you hear whats in the secret sauce, and the KFC secret herbs and spices. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 trakeena

Food preperation places have a choice between wasking their hands more frequently (every 15 min or something) and wearing gloves. I was at a food safety thing and the guy was saying that washing hands was preferable to gloves as people tend to rarely change their gloves but will wash their hands more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I worked in McDonalds for a summer 9 years ago (Wow that sounds like i'm old) and evrything was prepared with bare hands. Buns put onto toaster tray, burgers put on grill, lettuce, onion, tomato etc... put on my hand. The odd bun or burger may drop to the floor, if the manager isn't looking it is generally picked up quickly and put back on. The large barrel of salt for pre salting fries had dead flies in it, you just scooped around them.

After seeing all of this, I still eat in fast food restaurants. As long as the meat is cooked and the food is in date then it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Wow does nobody think we've gone a bit OTT with cleaniness and sanitation these days?? And people wonder why we have problems with superbugs and poor immune systems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

It might kill harmful bacteria, but it doesn't get rid of anything like fingernails, snots, hair, sweat, or god knows what else is on their hands.

If that's what you're worried about, what use are the gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

If you knew all the details for everywhere you ate, you would never eat anywhere and most likely end up to be some sort of troll (the creature kind :P)!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

OP is being a sensitive sally.

People's bare hands touch everything.

The boy's hands touched the pizza.

That €50 note in your wallet could have been in a prostitute's snatch a few weeks ago.

Get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I see rubber gloves, I think proctologist. Have a nice think about that the next time you see someone preparing food with rubber gloves on.
    Nuggles wrote: »
    OP is being a sensitive sally.

People's bare hands touch everything.

The boy's hands touched the pizza.

That €50 note in your wallet could have been in a prostitute's snatch a few weeks ago.

Get over it.
    That's really just another motive to hoover up the last of my mephedrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

indough wrote: »
    mayhaps they should ban pizza?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    it's all i eat no dominos + pizza + four star = End of the world as we know it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Pfft. Better his hands than his feet tbh. How do you expect he should spread the toppings? What do you use to prepare food in your house? I can just imagine the collection of gloves, tongs and plastic wrap all over the kitchen :D Priceless.

Unclean. Unclean

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't mind germs, I like like having a healthy immune system. People that sanitise constantly are doing themselves more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

shock horror

human touches food with hands before putting it into a 400 degree hot oven and killing any germs he might have transmitted.

EDIT: or do ya eat raw pizza nowadays ????

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

4davis7 wrote: »
    Not literally

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

they were preparing the pizza and to my horror the guy was rolling the dough, spreading the toppings etc with his bare hands!! I asked my friend and he said that's the same in all dominos?? He could have anything on his hands! Wiped his nose, etc.

There is a thing called washing your hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement