EA Showcase, London. - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-05-2010, 16:16   #1
Dav
Boards.ie Community Manager

EA Showcase, London.

Hello all,

DeVore and I have been invited by Electronic Arts to attend their Showcase event next week (Wednesday, 12th May) in London where we're hoping to get a good look at some of what EA will be launching this year.

As a part of all this, we're hoping to get some time with some of the production teams, but we're not sure who exactly is going to be there - the Volcanic Ash is playing hell with the schedule. The event itself had to be rescheduled because of the first eruption. We are definitly getting an interview with one of the production team from The Sims 3.

Anyway, if you're not aware, both DeVore and I are serious about our gaming, so we're gonna be doing our best to sink our teeth into as much as we can. We're going to be seeing news and details about the following games:

DLC titles – hands on:
Presentation and demo:
Hands on:
Now, some of what's here is already out and/or announced, but because the event was rescheduled as I said, but it'll still be a good opportunity to get our hands on some of this stuff. I know I'm personally looking forward to seeing Crysis 2, Medal of Honor and Skate 3. SWTOR has DeV frothing at the mouth to get a look at it and we both had a good laugh looking at the trailer for Death Spank yesterday because it's such a bonkers name for anything

So what am I asking?

If you have anything specific you'd like us to try and cover or questions you'd like asked, we'll do our best to get answers and photos/videos/audio/whatever we can manage. It's sure to be a very busy day, so we may not have time for everything.

Thanks very much folks.

Dav

Last edited by Dav; 06-05-2010 at 16:50.
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 16:25   #2
Tallon
Closed Account

Can you take me with you?
(2) thanks from:
06-05-2010, 16:36   #3
PerrinV2

I think the medal of honour link might be wrong.
06-05-2010, 16:39   #4
Otacon
Registered Abuser

Send a message via Skype™ to Otacon
Rock Band Green Day
- So far, there has been no indication as to whether songs from Green Day's earlier albums, 39/Smooth or Kerplunk, will be made available, either by DLC or in the game. Will any songs from these albums make an appearance?

Medal of Hono(u)r
- The latest trailer, containing a voicemail left by a soldier to his family, indicates that the story will play an important part in the game. How much emphasis is going to be put on the SP compared to the MP. Will there be some form of co-operative play, and if so, will it be offline, online or both?

Crysis 2
- Will a beta be run for MP component of this game and if so, will it be available to the public in some fashion?

That's all I have for now. Also... can I come with?
06-05-2010, 17:01   #5
Dav
Boards.ie Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerrinV2 View Post
I think the medal of honour link might be wrong.
I fixed that, thank you!

Also folks, I'm pretty sure we can't take anyone else with us
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 17:42   #6
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

If you could get some info on Dead Space 2 that would be great! Any info on settings and general gameplay compared to the first game, and if there have been any alterations to try and appeal to the wider audience that the first (excellent) game didn't reach.

APB: any support for Mac a possibility in the future?
06-05-2010, 17:58   #7
Fanny Cradock

Could you ask them if I can have some free stuff? Hardware and software acceptable.
06-05-2010, 18:12   #8
Zillah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallon View Post
This is an important question, but slightly more important:

06-05-2010, 18:26   #9
super_furry

What's next for Dragon Age? Once the Darkspawn add-on is released is that it for Origins or is there anything else planned and will it be a full Awakening style expansion? Any word of a sequel?
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 20:16   #10
humanji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav View Post
I fixed that, thank you!

Also folks, I'm pretty sure we can't take anyone else with us
So you're saying we have to kill you and take you place? Well ok then. If I have to.

Also, and be honest, you're really only telling us to show off, aren't you?

If you get a chance, could you ask if they have any more Sims 3 add-ons planned after the next one? I'm sure they'll only want to talk of the one coming, but there's no harm asking.

Oh and see if you can wangle some Boards exclusive beta invites for Swtor. Again, I live in hope.

Last edited by humanji; 06-05-2010 at 20:21.
Thanks from:
06-05-2010, 20:42   #11
tman

Where the fup is the next Burnout?

I'm pleased that Criterion are working on a NFS game (will most likely be the first one I've bought in years), but want more Burnout damnit!
Thanks from:
06-05-2010, 20:56   #12
super_furry

Oh and make sure to beg and grovel for a new SSX game.
(5) thanks from:
07-05-2010, 16:39   #13
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_furry View Post
Oh and make sure to beg and grovel for a new SSX game.
Yes!!!!!!! Badly needs to be brought back to life, loved the 1st 2 on the ps2

Try and badger them for details on Rock Band 3, the green day one is just a stop gap.
07-05-2010, 16:42   #14
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
Rock Band Green Day
- So far, there has been no indication as to whether songs from Green Day's earlier albums, 39/Smooth or Kerplunk, will be made available, either by DLC or in the game. Will any songs from these albums make an appearance?

Not going to happen, nor will there be ANY DLC from other albums not on the game.

http://kotaku.com/5515597/no-additio...-day-rock-band

Quote:
Point of clarification: The tracklist for Green Day: Rock Band revealed this weekend included six songs labeled "DLC." These have always been available for Rock Band 2. A producer says there won't be any additional tracks released for this game.

The six DLC cuts are from last year's rock opera 21st Century Breakdown, the remainder of which will be included with the game. Harmonix' Chris Foster explained to Plastic Axe why there'll be no extra DLC for this game when there was for last year's Beatles counterpart.

"One of the reasons we could do open-ended DLC for The Beatles is that it's all tiny clips, and we could just reconfigure them for different songs as needed — and dreamscape backgrounds similarly had that.

With this, we're really creating sculpted experiences for every single song; there's an animation that plays all the way through, pretty much. That's something that's not really practical to do open-ended. So we decided we were going to make DLC just about finishing 21st Century Breakdown, using the DLC that was already out.

That created a great three-album game, and also let us give each of those [six DLC tracks] unique assets, more than we could easily pack into a DLC pack. Those songs have their own video-wall assets, their own [motion capture]."

Other tidbits: There's no pre-Dookie (1994) tracks because of restricted access to the band's master recordings. And there'll be no access to the main Rock Band store for other songs because - are you listening Activision? - "we want to have Green Day performing Green Day songs."
Thanks from:
08-05-2010, 00:37   #15
rizzla

Mirror's Edge 2, ask about it and don't leave until they say yes.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion