Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

geography essays

• 01-05-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a good book for geography essay writing? or would you have a link to some sample essays please

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Arent you a leaving cert student? Why ask this in the TCD forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭macaronicheese

It's at university level I want to know about,
    and I would like advice from the prestigious students

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

and I would like advice from the prestigious students
    Grand, Ill stand aside then.

Has anyone heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Very open ended question, what essays do you want help on? There's no one set way of writing an essay in geography.

• Advertisement

Hi
    not any type in particular , just wondering what the best structure is for 1st year university human and physical geography essays

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Hi
    not any type in particular , just wondering what the best structure is for 1st year university human and physical geography essays

thanks

Here's what I wrote on the UCD board a few weeks ago.
    Human essays are more or less the same, a few articles (you do know what a journal article is?). Read the abstracts and spout them in the exam. Again, you're question is vague. There is no set way of doing an essay but the main thing is that you have an argument and you back it up with recent research (journal articles). That's it, a introduction, middle and end. Cite material in the text to show you're read and that's it.

El Siglo wrote: »
    Here's what I wrote on the UCD board a few weeks ago.
    Human essays are more or less the same, a few articles (you do know what a journal article is?). Read the abstracts and spout them in the exam. Again, you're question is vague. There is no set way of doing an essay but the main thing is that you have an argument and you back it up with recent research (journal articles). That's it, a introduction, middle and end. Cite material in the text to show you're read and that's it.

Ok thanks for your help :)

Advertisement