The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **] - Page 157 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2012, 00:28   #2341
Mellor
Unsubscriber

If they extracted those exact cells of blood then it would show up as somebody elde.

However, that would never happen.
For a start, there are plenty of other points of DNA check. I don't know if they'd even use blood as an option. If they did, they might find some of the transfused blood mixed i, but the original blood would be a massive majority.
Advertisement
03-02-2012, 08:00   #2342
pixelburp

But surely the fact they were putting it into a dead body meant a transfusion was utterly useless anyway - to me that have been the kicker.
03-02-2012, 10:12   #2343
phil1nj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellor View Post
For a start, there are plenty of other points of DNA check. I don't know if they'd even use blood as an option. If they did, they might find some of the transfused blood mixed i, but the original blood would be a massive majority.
Unless the substituted dead body was drained of blood completely before the rushed mid-air transfusion thus leaving only Dr. Pavel's blood available for checks. Also, with regard to the other DNA checks, it's possible that the body was so badly damaged (from the crash and/or explosion) that dental records and such would most likely be useless*.

*I'm not a medically certified professional, so this is all conjecture on my part
03-02-2012, 11:39   #2344
spankmaster2000

As mentioned already, I don't think it's meant to be realistic.

If you want a better explanation though; there's no reason whatsoever that the coroner / pathologist hired by G.C.P.D. can't be a member of the L.O.S., so knows which arm to specifically draw blood from; and "send off to the lab for analysis".

(For that matter, Lucius Fox didn't personally build the Tumbler; so what about the 100's of designers/architects/engineers/welders/mechanics who put it together in the first place? How come they didn't recognise their work driving around on the 6 o'clock news?)

Last edited by spankmaster2000; 03-02-2012 at 11:43.
06-02-2012, 01:03   #2345
Sad Professor
Information Retrieval

I was just reading Michael Caine's recent comments about how secretive Nolan is. He said that for Batman Begins Nolan came to his house and sat with him while he read the script and then took it away. Caine thought it was a bit excessive. Kinda funny considering the whole script ended up being leaked online a year before the film came out.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-02-2012, 01:09   #2346
Boo Radley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Professor View Post
I was just reading Michael Caine's recent comments about how secretive Nolan is. He said that for Batman Begins Nolan came to his house and sat with him while he read the script and then took it away. Caine thought it was a bit excessive. Kinda funny considering the whole script ended up being leaked online a year before the film came out.
Coincidently I happened to read the same a few minutes ago. Mind you, with Caine's apparent loose lips I can understand why Nolan didn't leave the script with him.
06-02-2012, 09:51   #2347
constantg

any word on any new trailers or theatrical spots?
06-02-2012, 10:10   #2348
Sad Professor
Information Retrieval

It'll probably be the summer for the second trailer. A month or two before release.
06-02-2012, 11:28   #2349
al28283
Closed Account

I thought it was weird that they were trying to fake a plane crash yet the wings and tail fin had come cleanly off the plane many miles back
Advertisement
09-02-2012, 23:13   #2350
dublinman1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Professor View Post
It'll probably be the summer for the second trailer. A month or two before release.
If you are talking about Trailer #2, that has been released for months now!

Anyway, Does anyone have windows media player to download and save trailer #2 of TDKR?

http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/#

You can save it on windows media player version 11 or 12 as well as saving it on Quicktime.

You click on the viewing options button and click on High Definition on either 480, 720 or 1080p. Standard Definition is not great quality IMO.

You can also download it on Flash Player as well.

The number of likes on is at 412,000 and RISING (If you pardon the expression!)
09-02-2012, 23:24   #2351
Sad Professor
Information Retrieval

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinman1990 View Post
If you are talking about Trailer #2, that has been released for months now!
No, I meant the second proper trailer. There's usually a teaser and two trailers.
10-02-2012, 00:13   #2352
Duggy747

I'm guessing if they follow TDK's marketing then the 2nd trailer will be released around April.
11-02-2012, 22:55   #2353
constantg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggy747 View Post
I'm guessing if they follow TDK's marketing.

Speaking of that, are there any new virals???
13-02-2012, 14:23   #2354
Overheal
MegaMod X

Send a message via Skype™ to Overheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy kerins View Post
Hasn't been much news about this lately, bar confirmation of Liam Neesons return

And see, that suit is bitchin. Way more agile looking. Yes I'm aware usually batman has been portrayed as a big hulking figure (typical of the American style of comics) but I really prefer the direction it's gone in, it just seems more sensible to me for a guy who gets into hands on fights and is rappelling around rooftops. And yes he just looked 'roided up and unrealistic. Like they pointed out rather pointedly at the start of TDK the BB suit lent itself to being fairly rigid and unworkable. The suit just looks more cemented in reality: replace the bat trimmings with black ops equipment and you're looking at body armor you'd expect soldiers to be wearing in 10 years time on a daily basis.

As far as the cartoons and comics went, batman beyond took that a step further (making him look almost feral at times) and the newest cartoon by the looks of this, takes a more balanced approach.

Last edited by Overheal; 13-02-2012 at 14:29.
13-02-2012, 18:39   #2355
senordingdong

I just think they look to chunky and heavy.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion