Reporting someone anonymously... - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-04-2010, 20:14   #1
duckygalway

Send a message via MSN to duckygalway Send a message via Skype™ to duckygalway
Reporting someone anonymously...

Is there a way to report someone (anonymously) to Revenue if you know they aren't paying their dues?
Advertisement
07-04-2010, 20:21   #2
WIZE
Closed Account

Is this revenge over something they did to you

Just call the revenue . Ph number would be available on www.revenue.ie
07-04-2010, 20:22   #3
duckygalway

Don't get angry, get even!!
07-04-2010, 21:11   #4
TaxingTimes

When I worked in the Revenue in the 80's,it was very common to get "anonymous" letters.

They were all followed up.............. although it did take time to to so.

It is a sign of the times (recession) when people get annoyed when others appear to be working in the black market, and "dob them in".

Just write a letter setting out the facts as you know them, giving as much information as possible, and the Revenue will follow this up.
07-04-2010, 21:15   #5
Kristopherus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxingTimes View Post
When I worked in the Revenue in the 80's,it was very common to get "anonymous" letters.

It is a sign of the times (recession) when people get annoyed when others appear to be working in the black market, and "dob them in".

Just write a letter setting out the facts as you know them, giving as much information as possible, and the Revenue will follow this up.
And your name if you have the balls
Advertisement
07-04-2010, 21:15   #6
duckygalway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxingTimes View Post

Not going into too much detail but it's not a problem with someone trying to get by in tough times just a nasty piece of work that has his dues coming!
07-04-2010, 21:32   #7
lionela

Grassing

To grass someone to the Revenue is ...I suppose a bit Naf.

Has this person done you any harm or such like. If you feel irked or resentful of activities that you feel should be reported ... then personally ..I would sent a annonymous letter to this person and inform him or her of your intention. At least that would put the ****s up anyone.

At least give them a chance to get sorted ...legit ..with the Revenue people and the end result would be the same ...That they pay their due taxes.

Full Stop
(2) thanks from:
07-04-2010, 21:39   #8
boodlesdoodles

I'm sorry if someone isn't playing fair be they with Revenue or Social Welfare it is a person's civic duty to pass on that information to the relevant people. These people who wilfully don't pay their tax are taking the mickey with the rest of us who have no other choice but to have our tax deducted from our wages each week. I say, send your letter to your local District or whatever District would be relevant to this person. Set out what you know, the letters are taken seriously. If someone is intentionally fiddling the system in these times when the country needs tax revenue then they deserve to feel the brunt of the law.
(2) thanks from:
08-04-2010, 12:06   #9
digme
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodlesdoodles View Post
I'm sorry if someone isn't playing fair be they with Revenue or Social Welfare it is a person's civic duty to pass on that information to the relevant people. These people who wilfully don't pay their tax are taking the mickey with the rest of us who have no other choice but to have our tax deducted from our wages each week. I say, send your letter to your local District or whatever District would be relevant to this person. Set out what you know, the letters are taken seriously. If someone is intentionally fiddling the system in these times when the country needs tax revenue then they deserve to feel the brunt of the law.
Banks are immune so is it?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-04-2010, 12:39   #10
Ghandee
Closed Account

Do the right thing in your heart Galway!

If it feels right, do it. If your feeling guilty or doubtful (even a tiny bit) dont bother........

No point living with regrets either way mate.
Thanks from:
08-04-2010, 17:01   #11
boodlesdoodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by digme View Post
Banks are immune so is it?
Did I mention the banks? We all know the banks are in a mess but it hardly is relevant to whether someone is not paying their tax is it? I merely said if someone isn't paying what they owe they should be reported. And I say that as a paye worker who trusts my employer to pay over my tax rather than use it for his business or himself.
10-04-2010, 15:37   #12
Mr. Incognito

Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Incognito
Lets leave the moral perspectives for humanities please.

OP asked question.

Question answered.

Thread closed.
Thread Closed