ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting** - Page 39 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-09-2011, 17:16   #571
meabhl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 14
Hi, two students looking for a twin room (or other if cheap enough) . We're in second year cant afford anything to fancy! pm me please if anyone knows anything? cheers
meabhl is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2011, 15:33   #572
Corrigan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
twin room available in maynooth, one person in it already....shared house with 3 other 1st years one place available...message me if interested!
Corrigan is offline  
19-10-2011, 18:51   #573
clairemcbear
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 105
Single room available in Cluain Aoibhinn

Big 5 bed house sharing with 4 21 year old students,2 lads and 2 girls.. pm me if interested
clairemcbear is offline  
23-10-2011, 16:37   #574
irish_goat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derry
Posts: 3,262
Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?
irish_goat is offline  
23-10-2011, 16:56   #575
XxMCRxBabyxX
Forever Double Posting
 
XxMCRxBabyxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?
You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank
XxMCRxBabyxX is online now  
Advertisement
23-10-2011, 22:54   #576
irish_goat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derry
Posts: 3,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank
See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.
irish_goat is offline  
23-10-2011, 23:47   #577
XxMCRxBabyxX
Forever Double Posting
 
XxMCRxBabyxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank
See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.
Eh that's weird. You sure one switch wasn't accidentally left on somehow? Or on and off were mixed up?
Or maybe someone sneaked in and turned your water on :-P

I know in my two years there the immersion always had to be turned on (though in 2nd year it was impossible to get my roommates to turn it off!)
XxMCRxBabyxX is online now  
07-01-2012, 21:27   #578
DB21
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,646
Need somewhere affordable for second semester, has to be public transport accessible if it's not a walkable distance from the college. Any ideas?
DB21 is offline  
08-01-2012, 14:41   #579
Seren_
Closed Account
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,728
Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.
Seren_ is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2012, 22:34   #580
DB21
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Text Here View Post
Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.
Lived on campus last year :/ It was okay, but I'm trying for anything at this stage. I do know someone who has a free room in their apartment so I'll be getting that landlord's details. Just seriously sick of the 6:30 a.m. starts.
DB21 is offline  
21-02-2012, 13:42   #581
thee glitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: maynooth
Posts: 1,015
Does anyone know of any rooms going at the moment (esp. for late 20s, m, prof)? It seems to be very quiet lately
thee glitz is offline  
20-03-2012, 20:31   #582
fizzyorange
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 591
I'm not a student in Maynooth (yet, hoping to be in the science course next September) and I was wondering when I should start applying for accommodation? I've already applied for the on campus but I won't find out if I get that until August, I don't really know how this works but that seems a little late for there to be many offers on other accommodation left. Thanks.
fizzyorange is offline  
24-03-2012, 13:31   #583
Seren_
Closed Account
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,728
There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.
Seren_ is offline  
24-03-2012, 14:55   #584
PictureFrame
Registered User
 
PictureFrame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A Cloud
Posts: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Text Here View Post
There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.
Just on the topic of accomodation for next year, you know if you get the Entrance Scholarship? Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?
PictureFrame is offline  
25-03-2012, 10:31   #585
plumpote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureFrame View Post
Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?
You get to pick
plumpote is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet