ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting** - Page 39 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-09-2011, 17:16   #571
meabhl

Hi, two students looking for a twin room (or other if cheap enough) . We're in second year cant afford anything to fancy! pm me please if anyone knows anything? cheers
Advertisement
08-10-2011, 15:33   #572
Corrigan

twin room available in maynooth, one person in it already....shared house with 3 other 1st years one place available...message me if interested!
19-10-2011, 18:51   #573
clairemcbear
Closed Account

Single room available in Cluain Aoibhinn

Big 5 bed house sharing with 4 21 year old students,2 lads and 2 girls.. pm me if interested
23-10-2011, 16:37   #574
irish_goat

Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?
23-10-2011, 16:56   #575
XxMCRxBabyxX
Forever Double Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
Anyone know the craic with hot water in Village? Does it come on automatically in the morning or do you always need to turn the immersion on?
You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank
Advertisement
23-10-2011, 22:54   #576
irish_goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
You need to switch the immersion on! There's two switches. One for the top tank which is quicker but doesn't have much water and the second for the bigger tank
See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.
23-10-2011, 23:47   #577
XxMCRxBabyxX
Forever Double Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMCRxBabyxX View Post
See, I do that, but I woke up this morning(i.e. 2pm) and there was hot water and I know the immersion hadn't been on for a good 24 hours cause I was the only one in the flat.
Eh that's weird. You sure one switch wasn't accidentally left on somehow? Or on and off were mixed up?
Or maybe someone sneaked in and turned your water on :-P

I know in my two years there the immersion always had to be turned on (though in 2nd year it was impossible to get my roommates to turn it off!)
07-01-2012, 21:27   #578
DB21
Closed Account

Need somewhere affordable for second semester, has to be public transport accessible if it's not a walkable distance from the college. Any ideas?
08-01-2012, 14:41   #579
Seren_
Closed Account

Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2012, 22:34   #580
DB21
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Text Here View Post
Hmm, there will probably be a few rooms going with people dropping out/going on Erasmus etc. Keep an eye on noticeboards and ask around to see if anyone knows someone with a free room. Daft and similar websites are good to look on too.

There should be a few rooms available on campus too if you like massively overpaying for places and not sleeping.
Lived on campus last year :/ It was okay, but I'm trying for anything at this stage. I do know someone who has a free room in their apartment so I'll be getting that landlord's details. Just seriously sick of the 6:30 a.m. starts.
21-02-2012, 13:42   #581
thee glitz

Does anyone know of any rooms going at the moment (esp. for late 20s, m, prof)? It seems to be very quiet lately
20-03-2012, 20:31   #582
fizzyorange
Closed Account

I'm not a student in Maynooth (yet, hoping to be in the science course next September) and I was wondering when I should start applying for accommodation? I've already applied for the on campus but I won't find out if I get that until August, I don't really know how this works but that seems a little late for there to be many offers on other accommodation left. Thanks.
24-03-2012, 13:31   #583
Seren_
Closed Account

There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.
24-03-2012, 14:55   #584
PictureFrame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Text Here View Post
There'll still be a good bit of accommodation left in August, so there really isn't much need to worry about it until then! You'll know the day after the CAO offers whether or not you've gotten campus accom, and if you don't the residence office will have a housing list thatwill help with finding somewhere to stay.
Just on the topic of accomodation for next year, you know if you get the Entrance Scholarship? Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?
25-03-2012, 10:31   #585
plumpote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureFrame View Post
Do you get to pick which Apartment group (Rye, River etc.) you want or is it random?
You get to pick

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion