Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-02-2010, 20:03   #1
Michael B

Recommend a Vet in North Dublin please

At the moment my girlfriend is working with a Vet so anything our dog needs she brings him in to the clinc she works in. But she is taking up a different job offer soon so we won't have the perk of a free Vet anymore so we're in need of recommendations for a good Vet in North Dublin. We're in Malahide so somewhere not miles away from here if possible (not the Vet in Malahide though), thanks.
Advertisement
10-02-2010, 20:05   #2
DublinWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
(not the Vet in Malahide though), thanks.
I think they also own the vet practise in Baldoyle now too.
10-02-2010, 20:09   #3
Michael B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinWriter View Post
I think they also own the vet practise in Baldoyle now too.
Yes, Malahide and Baldoyle are run by the same Vet. We are looking for anyone but that Vet please, thanks. Anyone have any experience with Lissenhall Vets in Swords? They seem to be the nearest to us I think.
11-02-2010, 10:58   #4
Gloomtastic!

He also owns one in Artane as well! Billy's a very clever man. He did do a fantastic job on our dog's hip so he's forgiven.

I use Fairview Vets on a regular basis, Ciaran is very good, once you get to know him.

Hear a lot of good things about the vet in Clontarf - Conquer Hill Road I believe. He's meant to be great with dogs.
(2) thanks from:
11-02-2010, 12:00   #5
Allgäuerin

We totally happy with Cara Vet in Blanchs. Syd is the best vet i have ever dealed with in 14 years! Thumps up for them!!!

Last edited by Allgäuerin; 11-02-2010 at 12:00. Reason: ?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-02-2010, 12:36   #6
anniehoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomtastic! View Post
the vet in Clontarf - Conquer Hill Road I believe. He's meant to be great with dogs.
Dennis Shannon Bull Wall Vet Surgery 24 Conquer Hill Rd Clontarf 8531260

I cant recommend him HIGHLY enough. He is a fantastic vet and ive recommended him to friends and family and they say the same. He is a lovely lovely man and yes +1 for being great with dogs. 10/10

Lissenhall are there years..but theyre hit and miss in my opinion. 7/10

Billy McCartney is good, its his colleagues i wouldnt recommend. 8/10

Anicare Group -have 3 chains i think. Clontarf,blanch and somewhere else. Have heard good reports. 8/10

Fairview-Ciaran comes across as a bit scatty and Mark is lovely. But decent enough vets too. 7/10
Thanks from:
11-02-2010, 12:55   #7
Allgäuerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniehoo View Post
Anicare Group -have 3 chains i think. Clontarf,blanch and somewhere else. Have heard good reports. 8/10
I used them before in palmerstown and woulnd recommend them!

Last edited by Allgäuerin; 11-02-2010 at 12:56. Reason: ?
11-02-2010, 16:21   #8
Michael B

Billy is a lovely man but we've had bad experiences in his practice before (not Billy's fault) with my mother's cat so we tend to stay away from his clinics if possible.

Anniehoo thanks for your advice. We're thinking in the lines of emergency Lissenhall would be the closest for us if anything happens to our fella but the Bull Wall one sounds great otherwise, thanks.
11-02-2010, 16:29   #9
Amberjack

Raheny vet (run by Pat Keating) is also very good - there are 4 vets in total there and all very friendly and effecient. All our pets have been going there for years. Would definitely reccomend
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
11-02-2010, 16:47   #10
Michael B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberjacker View Post
Raheny vet (run by Pat Keating) is also very good - there are 4 vets in total there and all very friendly and effecient. All our pets have been going there for years. Would definitely reccomend
Thanks very much Amberjacker, didn't realise there was a Vets in Raheny. Would be near enough to us too, thank you. Anyone else here recommend them?
11-02-2010, 23:37   #11
Ado86

Wouldnt use lissenhall. Have personally had bad experiences with them.
++++ for Anicare. Excellent veterinary practices.
(2) thanks from:
12-02-2010, 18:45   #12
Michael B

I'm thinking Lissenhall is out then, thanks.
12-02-2010, 19:43   #13
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Thanks very much Amberjacker, didn't realise there was a Vets in Raheny. Would be near enough to us too, thank you. Anyone else here recommend them?
I use 'em all the time, no complaints.

And despite having a Pitbull who HATE'S a visit to the vet, the staff couldn't be more helpful, friendly & understanding.

The practice also have a cat rescue (not sure about dogs) where they have a no Put To Sleep policy, no matter how long the cat is in his care.

He also run's an emergancy service, he lives next door to the practice and so far as I can remember there's no extra charge for emergencies, but I might be wrong on this.
Thanks from:
12-02-2010, 20:29   #14
Michael B

Thanks Makikomi. I think we're going to give the Raheny one a go so, it's the nearest of the best ones recommended so would probably suit us the best. Thanks for your help everyone.
12-02-2010, 23:25   #15
Tired

Have to agree with previous post, Denis the vet in clontarf, such a nice man, all for the pets not money hungry like some of them. Genuine great vet, brought our dog to him for years...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion