Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-01-2011, 23:36   #61
DH2K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymondays View Post
Ok so slightly unfit 30 year old with very little experience of football wants to give it a go. Looking for noting too serious to start obviously, a good group of welcoming lads with a good social scene also would be good.

These seem to be the clubs closest to me

Balinter St Johns Balinteer
Kilmacud Crokes Stillorgan
Naomh Olaf GAA Sandyford
Ballyboden St. Endas

Any recommendation what level to start at?
And which of these clubs would be more suitable for me?

thanks
Geraldines GAA Club play in Cornelscourt in the field beside Dunnes. Small club and a small team so would be good club to start.
Advertisement
18-01-2011, 18:33   #62
Always number 1

Club Name: Whitehall Colmcille
Code (hurling/football/handball): Ladies Football
Level played: Junior 4
Contact details: whitehall.ladiesfootball@gmail.com

Ladies Junior Football Team Looking for new players of all ages and abilities. We train Mondays and when the season begins at the end of March, we will play our matches on a Wednesday night.
Our pitch is on the old airport road - opposite Annesley motors and can be accessed by the 41/33/16A/27B buses.

Please email the address above and we will reply promptly.
29-01-2011, 05:13   #63
VancouverPaddy

Interested in playing Hurling or Gaelic Football in Vancouver this year?

Club Name: Vancouver Harps
Code (hurling/football/handball): Football (men/ladies), hurling
Level played: Junior A, Junior B
Contact details: See post below
Any other info: below

The Irish Sports and Social club (ISSC) is the only GAA club in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 1974 we have been flying the flag for the GAA here ever since. As a member of the Canadian County Board we are part of the Western Canadian Division that also includes clubs from neighbouring Alberta. The ISSC is also closely involved in all Irish related social and cultural events that take place in Vancouver.

We play men’s and ladies’ football as well as men’s hurling. Currently we are the holders of both the Men's and Ladies Western Canadian Championships in Gaelic Football.. The hurling team travelled to Chicago in September 2010 to compete in the North American County Board (NACB) Championships at Junior A grade. Vancouver defeated San Francisco Naomh Padraig in the final by four points to become the first Canadian Hurling team to win an NACB Hurling title since 1978.

The season runs from March to September with 2-3 training sessions a week for all teams, the mens Celts and Harps, Joseph P Ryans hurling team and the ladies football teams (Celts, Shamrocks and Harps). The club is now registering members for the 2011 season. Teams play in a number of competitions in Vancouver, Alberta, Seattle and the NACB Championships in San Francisco over Labour weekend (Sep 2nd to 4th).

If you are currently in Vancouver or plan to arrive later this year please e-mail info@isscvancouver.com for additional information. Include the following details:

● Dates of when you arrived or will be arriving in Vancouver
● How long you’ll be in Vancouver
● Which sport(s) you’re interested in playing

We provide direction and help on how to proceed with a transfer/sanction from your GAA club back in Ireland to so you are eligible to play with us in Vancouver.. As there is a limit to the number of transfers/sanctions a club can do in a year please contact us ASAP. Hurlers should have their own hurleys and a helmet where possible as we have limited supplies.

We cater for all skill levels and also host many social events in and around Vancouver as a club so everyone is welcome - even Canadians! Many of our most active members and best players are people who were not traditionally associated with the GAA back home. We also give advice to new members who have recently moved to the Vancouver.

ISSC website: http://www.isscvancouver.com/

ISSC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8222174&ref=ts

ISSC Hurling Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...2002205&ref=ts

*It is a requirement to have personal injury insurance if you wish to play for the club.
09-02-2011, 10:54   #64
Bert Halligan

Hi,
Does anyone know anything about handball in Galway? I've been told Pearse Stadium has an alley but can't find mention of it anywhere on the web. I'll be able to get down there next week but wondering if anyone has any info in the meantime?
20-02-2011, 23:14   #65
Gael85

St James Gaels

St James Gaels
Club Name:St James Gaels
Code (football): Football
Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
Contact details:
stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

We will be training every monday and wednesday night in Iveagh Grounds at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country such as Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal and Sligo. While we take our football seriously we also enjoy and organise many social events throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in play ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.matches on sunday afternoons.
Advertisement
25-02-2011, 00:59   #66
almat1981

I am a very unfit 30 year old hurler looking for a club to train to get fit have not played in 9 years but was at a high level then . Just wanna get involved again / get fit i have probably have lost all ball skills . Ideally looking for Any clubs in the stoneybatter / phoenix park area looking for members . Will travel to greater Dublin area for any other clubs . This is mainly cause I now have the time to do it again and i know I won't make a team but just wanna get involved again.

P.s if this is in the wrong forum mod please move to the approiate one .
28-02-2011, 01:22   #67
Br4tPr1nc3

Hey lads.
ive been interested in getting into gaa for a while now.
I havent played since I was about 13.
im 25 now.

Im not the most fit person,
but I can last a litle bit!

But anyway what im really wanting to ask is,
If wanted to join a team, how do I go about it?
I was lookin at the websites for ballymn and st vincents but theres not much info on joining.
Do I just ring up and ask or how does it work?
05-03-2011, 16:55   #68
The man in red and black

Réalt Dearg still looking for players and managers/selectors.

In response to the two guys above looking to get back into the game, Réalt Dearg sounds like a good fit if you would play on the southside? We were founded in 2010 by a group of lads who saw the need for a hurling club in Dublin south. We will be training primarily in Bushy Park, Terenure or in Ringsend Park once the clocks go forward. At the moment we are training twice a week in the Thomas Davis Astro pitch in Tallaght and at the weekend in Bushy or Ringsend.

We have all levels of hurlers involved in the club, from beginners to those who previously hurled at a higher standard but for work reasons or whatever have been out of the game for a while or can't make it back down the country for training. We have two adult teams, one in Junior E and one in Junior F, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up! All new players are more than welcome, check out www.realtdearg.ie for details and call or text one of the lads on the committee to find out training times as they can change.
27-03-2011, 21:49   #69
The man in red and black

Réalt Dearg seek managers/players

Just to bump this thread back up. Réalt Dearg were narrowly defeated yesterday in their Leinster League debut. In one of the best performances I've seen from the Stars they were only beaten by a point by Edenderry, a team in Junior A in Offaly. Not bad for a team in Junior E and F!

We are looking to get more people involved as players but most importantly as selectors/managers to relieve the pressure from the players who, so far, have had to pick the team as well as playing. For anyone out there that would like to join us don't worry about your level, we have everything from beginners to lads who've hurled minor and more for county teams and everything in between! We really need some more players to ensure we have enough to continue with two teams for the year. Also anyone who would like to try out management would be more than welcome. Please visit www.realtdearg.ie and call/text/email one of the lads on the committee if you would like to know more.
Advertisement
29-03-2011, 13:53   #70
KilmacudCrokes
Closed Account

Ladies Football, South Dublin

Kilmacud Crokes is fielding two ladies teams this Summer, and there's plenty of room for new, enthusiastic players.

The girls came very close to silverwear last year, and are determined 2011 will be a breakthrough year.

Training on Monday and Wednesday at Glenalbyn, Stillorgan.

All the contact details are here http://www.kilmacudcrokes-ladies.com/

29-03-2011, 18:09   #71
liam7831

Any junior team around saggart or Rathcoole guys??. 27 yr old looking to join up any help appreciated.

Thanks
30-03-2011, 23:57   #72
Gael85

St James Gaels
St James Gaels
Club Name:St James Gaels
Code (football): Football
Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
Contact details:
stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

We will be training every monday and wednesday night in Iveagh Grounds at 7.30pm,we have a mix of players from all over the country such as Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal and Sligo. While we take our football seriously we also enjoy and organise many social events throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to train or play.For more info please contact me @axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in play ball we train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.Lads looking to train are welcome,the more numbers at training the better.
04-04-2011, 15:56   #73
Trained Monkey

Intermediate Football near Kilmainham or North Side

Hi all,
We are 4-5 lads in Dublin but playing competitive football with our home club. We need a club to train with midweek for a few months instead of driving home and back again! Any suggestions/contacts?

Does anybody know if the training for non-Dub players still takes place anywhere in Dublin?
04-04-2011, 16:53   #74
Gael85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trained Monkey View Post
Hi all,
We are 4-5 lads in Dublin but playing competitive football with our home club. We need a club to train with midweek for a few months instead of driving home and back again! Any suggestions/contacts?

Does anybody know if the training for non-Dub players still takes place anywhere in Dublin?
Hey your welcome to train with St James Gaels,were not too far from Kilmainham,were based in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd,we have a couple country lads training with us.Our training has been moved to tuesday&thursday at 7 in iveagh grounds,if you need more details email me axelf82@hotmail.com
Regards

Aidan
07-04-2011, 14:59   #75
colmcille

Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG
(Off the Balheary Road opposite the old Motorola Building).
Code : Football
Level played : Junior
Contact details : colmcillechair@hotmail.com, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naomh-...948138?sk=wall
Any other info : We're always looking for Players for our Adult Junior team (Training Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm) & Under 14 Team (Training Monday & Wednesday @ 6:30pm)
Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Bird shows.......

Last edited by colmcille; 07-04-2011 at 15:04.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion