Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-06-2013, 21:04   #3001
Zardoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfc84 View Post
duo2 out on 8 July according to hm sat
Half a tonne ,saucy !
Advertisement
12-06-2013, 10:49   #3002
Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by banie01 View Post
Yep, Certain and its the same issue when I change the tuner priority.
When the timer starts, the only channels that aren't ''greyed out'' are the ones on the TP that I'm recording despite all tuners and sats being available before the timer starts.
It acts as if only a single feed is set up.

Well, if only the channels on the one TP are available and all others are greyed out, then that points to a firmware issue, rather than anything wrong with your hardware.

I presume that the same thing happens if you decide to record something from 13E, for example, all other channels on the other tuner (e.g. 9e, 28e, 16e and 4.8e), are similarly 'greyed out'?

Quote:
What stumps me is that while this behaviour is displayed regardless of settings on the .679 build when I revert to an older build (.534) the issue does not occur whatsoever.
That would appear to confirm this is a bug in the firmware.
12-06-2013, 20:45   #3003
kierank01

Quote:
Yep, Certain and its the same issue when I change the tuner priority.
When the timer starts, the only channels that aren't ''greyed out'' are the ones on the TP that I'm recording despite all tuners and sats being available before the timer starts.
It acts as if only a single feed is set up.
what happens if you stream a channel over the webif, and then try to view another channel on your tv?
13-06-2013, 18:18   #3004
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierank01 View Post
what happens if you stream a channel over the webif, and then try to view another channel on your tv?
If I try to stream anything from a different TP or tuner it just fails out(Unless its the USB tuner).
I'm going to assume that the issue with this was caused by some from some file or directory becoming corrupted during my initial upgrade to .679.

I have flashed a clean .679 build and and ran a fresh install with no settings backup restoed and it is working fine now.

I flagged this issue to Andy on WOS and I have a backup of the initial .679 image with the issue and the issue is verifiable and repeatable on that....
But Andy has his hands full, and the likelihood is that it was some corruption somewhere on my side that caused this glitch rather than an image bug.
15-06-2013, 18:30   #3005
dnme

Two questions for you.

1. Where do I place my cccam.cfg file?
2. Is the VIX image still being updated? What is everyone using on their VU Duo's these days?

Thanks
Advertisement
15-06-2013, 22:58   #3006
white_westie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnme View Post
Two questions for you.

1. Where do I place my cccam.cfg file?
2. Is the VIX image still being updated? What is everyone using on their VU Duo's these days?

Thanks
1. CCcam.cfg normally goes in /etc
2. Yes, VIX still being updated
Don't have a Duo, but VIX or BH seem to most popular images
Thanks from:
15-06-2013, 23:21   #3007
dnme

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_westie View Post
1. CCcam.cfg normally goes in /etc
2. Yes, VIX still being updated
Don't have a Duo, but VIX or BH seem to most popular images
Many thanks, do you know where VIX can be downloaded from? If I remember, it had its own website but I cannot find it now.
15-06-2013, 23:37   #3008
white_westie

Quote:
Many thanks, do you know where VIX can be downloaded from? If I remember, it had its own website but I cannot find it now.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/index.php
16-06-2013, 00:09   #3009
dnme

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_westie View Post
Yea I remember that site, but I seem to recall that they then opened up a dedicated VIX url ?? Anyway, seems that the latest VIX image on the website you posted, is dated August 2012 so I wonder if work on the image has ground to a halt?
Advertisement
16-06-2013, 00:14   #3010
white_westie

Quote:
Yea I remember that site, but I seem to recall that they then opened up a dedicated VIX url ?? Anyway, seems that the latest VIX image on the website you posted, is dated August 2012 so I wonder if work on the image has ground to a halt?
Need to open your eyes a bit
Look across top menu bar for 'VIX Images'

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

Very active on the image front still.
(2) thanks from:
24-06-2013, 08:16   #3011
edanto

Trusty vu+ duo being brought back into service after a year in storage (renovations), would anyone be able to share a bouquet for 28.2 including three rock saorview pls?

Thanks for link above to current vix.
24-06-2013, 09:41   #3012
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by edanto View Post
Trusty vu+ duo being brought back into service after a year in storage (renovations), would anyone be able to share a bouquet for 28.2 including three rock saorview pls?

Thanks for link above to current vix.
If you are using the current VIX you have no need for a 28.2 bouquet as the Autobouquets maker will create and keep up to date a bouquet for you.
Press Menu>Setup>Service Searching>Autobouquets Maker
Then you can select your Region including NI\ROI and any UK region preferred, enable HD swap, create seperate bouquets for Entertainment, Movies, Sports, etc. and set it to run automatically to update channels automatically.
As for the 3 rock saorview bouquet, just run a manual scan on your DVB-T tuner on 738mhz with the step interval changed to 8mhz the scan will create a bouquet for you in last scanned and you can just rename it to Irish DTT via your remote.
Thanks from:
26-06-2013, 17:59   #3013
edanto

During the VIX setup wizard, there is a screen which lets you adjust horizontal & vertical. At the time, it didn't look like I needed to make any changes, but I see now that I should have tweaked it a bit. How in the world do I get back into that menu?

Have tried

Setup/System/A/V Settings, Display, Customize ? No sign of those settings, but they must be somewhere!

Separately, I wanted to check the new sat cables I've run in, and went to Satfinder. It crashed the box, black screen, and this has happened twice now, including a reflash with the latest VIX. Anything better to do than just trying it again?
26-06-2013, 21:33   #3014
Dotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edanto View Post
During the VIX setup wizard, there is a screen which lets you adjust horizontal & vertical. At the time, it didn't look like I needed to make any changes, but I see now that I should have tweaked it a bit. How in the world do I get back into that menu?

Have tried

Setup/System/A/V Settings, Display, Customize ? No sign of those settings, but they must be somewhere!

Separately, I wanted to check the new sat cables I've run in, and went to Satfinder. It crashed the box, black screen, and this has happened twice now, including a reflash with the latest VIX. Anything better to do than just trying it again?
Not sure if this is what your looking for but try setup/system/osd/osd position setup
Thanks from:
29-06-2013, 21:13   #3015
mailburner

didnt realise there was a thread dedicated to vu
got a vu+duo which ive been having a go at since
thursday on and off

anyone around the galway area got one of these and whos
pretty knowledgeable on these?

please help me as im having all sorts of problems (pm if possible)
very frustrated here...
thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion