Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-07-2012, 21:49   #2386
Ghostleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther_Gloop View Post
Assuming it's possible, what's the quickest/ easiest way to set up the BBC Olympics channels on the Duo? Should I do a complete retune?
Why dont you download the latest "Catseye" channel list mate? They are there.
Advertisement
28-07-2012, 22:35   #2387
Gunther_Gloop

OK, after spending the best part of an hour reading through guff I found a download link to what looks like the latest SgtFlipFlop Bouquet here. I got that and loaded it into DreamboxEdit, but since it overwrote my existing bouquet listing it's not really any good to me on an ongoing basis -especially since I'm using my DTT stick to view Irish channels, but also because I like my existing channel order/ structure.

Is there any way to quickly update the main services list [in DreambodEdit] to show the correct full set of channels, but leave the bouquet/ favourites section intact?
29-07-2012, 08:45   #2388
kingtiger

Quote:
Is there any way to quickly update the main services list [in DreambodEdit] to show the correct full set of channels, but leave the bouquet/ favourites section intact?
yes, when you import the updated bouquet just uncheck all the bouquets and then choose the ones you want to import and click process
29-07-2012, 09:00   #2389
Gunther_Gloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtiger View Post
yes, when you import the updated bouquet just uncheck all the bouquets and then choose the ones you want to import and click process
Thanks.
That didn't work (the DTT channels disappeared from my bouquet because they weren't available in the SgtFlipFlop selection, I guess). But while I was trying that I thought of something else...

I highlighted the full list in SgtFlipFlop in Dreamboxedit (CTRL-A), then opened my own list (from the Vu Duo), highlighted all those, then did a CTRL-V.
17-08-2012, 10:54   #2390
Gunther_Gloop

I had some problem a few weeks back whereby the epg wasn't updating. I kinda fiddled with various settings and eventually set it to download a new epg each night at 4AM.

The problem ever since is that I switch it off at night and in the morning it's on again. I know there's a "force reboot after download" type option somewhere. It seems I likely set that on, but I can't for the life of me now find where it is. Can anyone help please?
Advertisement
17-08-2012, 12:29   #2391
Righthammer

Quote:
I had some problem a few weeks back whereby the epg wasn't updating. I kinda fiddled with various settings and eventually set it to download a new epg each night at 4AM.

The problem ever since is that I switch it off at night and in the morning it's on again. I know there's a "force reboot after download" type option somewhere. It seems I likely set that on, but I can't for the life of me now find where it is. Can anyone help please?
There is an option to put the duo into deep standby via a timer .Just set it for a time after your download is completed every night.Works for me ..
17-08-2012, 12:43   #2392
Gunther_Gloop

Yeah that's an option alright I suppose and I might well do that now you mention it. But still, I'd rather know where the "don't reboot" setting is because it never used to do this before.
17-08-2012, 18:38   #2393
Clareman

The reboot option is under the CrossEPG settings options, I've mine set to download and reboot every night as well, very handy I feel as it resets all the network settings and other stuff.
17-08-2012, 22:11   #2394
Gunther_Gloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
The reboot option is under the CrossEPG settings options, I've mine set to download and reboot every night as well, very handy I feel as it resets all the network settings and other stuff.
I'm looking at crossepg/ configure setup now and theres no such option. Unless I'm blind and/or mad.

See

What am I missing!?

Last edited by Gunther_Gloop; 17-08-2012 at 22:54.
Advertisement
18-08-2012, 12:33   #2395
s.welstead

Quote:
I'm looking at crossepg/ configure setup now and theres no such option. Unless I'm blind and/or mad.

See

What am I missing!?
Maybe have a look at crontab and see what's been setup to happen in there? Also maybe your box is just crashing. Try set the time for 1-2mins from now and see what happens, does it reboot or crash and reboot.
18-08-2012, 12:57   #2396
Clareman

I just checked there and I've no option to reboot, sorry I lied I checked my QBox upstairs, I've it enabled on that.
18-08-2012, 16:13   #2397
kierank01

my box was crashing on epg download randomly, so sometimes i'd get up in the morning, and the clock would be stopped at 04:00, and I would have to do a hard reboot.

I have worked around the crashing issue by doing a reboot at 4, and epg download at 4:30, but this means that the box is still on(not crashed) when I get up.

ideally I would like if there was a 'reboot to standby' option. I have seen this somewhere, but can't remember where ( it could have been on a different box/firmware)
19-08-2012, 13:17   #2398
SalteeDog

If you are running VIX then under Menu: Setup -> VIX -> Power Manager there are options to allow you to setup reboot and standby times.
19-08-2012, 14:23   #2399
xxyyxx
Closed Account

Which is the best version of VIX to use? Is the most latest version stable or would you recommend an earlier one? I think 2.4 is the most recent.
19-08-2012, 14:46   #2400
SalteeDog

I'd recommend Vix 2.4.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size