Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 13:07   #361
Richard Dower
Banned

Big episode tonight for Ezria fans, Ian Harding on the finale shockers = spoilers

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/pretty...son-2-preview/

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/pretty...-2-episode-21/
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 18:37   #362
_Bella_

Jam packed episode. I didn't see the Melissa twist coming at all. So it seems Jenna, Garrett and her were all working together as A. I wonder if she's actually going to tell Spencer anything or was it just a ploy to get to the computer.

Wren and Spencer were pretty funny together, I'd really like to see them together. They have good chemistry and are enjoyable to watch.

A going after everyone was really well done. It will be interesting to see what Hanna's mum finds out.

I was so close to jumping up and down when Aria and Ezra broke up, but of course there had to be another twist. When will the writers just break them up?
23-02-2012, 01:55   #363
Kirby

I've got to say, the writing on the show doesn't feel as tight as it once did. The recent episode just drove the point home. It just feels like they are making stuff up as the go along now. Where is the planning???

Melissa is now in with Garrett and the evil blind one and was all along. Really?? There hasn't been even an inkling of that so far. If they can just retcon whatever they like whenever they like....there is less payoff.

Bah. Not impressed.
Thanks from:
23-02-2012, 17:29   #364
Richard Dower
Banned

http://www.tvline.com/2012/02/pretty...finale-photos/
23-02-2012, 17:39   #365
FouxDaFaFa

Haven't forsaken the thread, Richard. But like Kirby said, the writers seem to be pulling stuff out of the air at the moment so it's hard to know what to say. I like Spencer and Wren, he's a bit more fun than uber-dreary Toby.

I don't know about Melissa. I did laugh to myself at the start of the episode that maybe she was the bad guy because she's playing a villain in another show (Spoiler: Vampire Diaries) at the moment so I was thinking of her in that way anyway. Not sure if it's a red herring or of she could be part of the A group.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
23-02-2012, 21:16   #366
Jaxxy

Send a message via MSN to Jaxxy
Melissa on the A-team? Don't buy it. I always believed she knew more than she did and of course she'd been involved with Ian (and in some ways her HALF BROTHER next door! ) before and that relationship had always seemed a little creepy and somewhat forced to me, but she had to have some insight into their little club.

I think maybe Melissa was the one Ally might have been blackmailing. She's always so concerned with how the family looks, and I don't think she looked all that shocked when Spencer told her about Jason, more pissed off at their mother, who didn't tell them. That's a bit messed up.

I held no hope at all that Aria and Ezra were finally finished. They'd keep him in the game through some plot intervention. I was expecting A to step in to do it, but not Aria's mother. I knew she'd have to realise at some point that they'd end up losing Aria if they didn't show some element of understanding but I still think it's weird.

What I also think is weird is the (seemingly) wide acceptance of Spencer being with English doctor. He's of similar age to Ezra, no? Just because he's not her teacher doesn't make it any less icky. Should rename the show to Pretty Little Lolitas.
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 15:34   #367
Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxy View Post

What I also think is weird is the (seemingly) wide acceptance of Spencer being with English doctor. He's of similar age to Ezra, no? Just because he's not her teacher doesn't make it any less icky. Should rename the show to Pretty Little Lolitas.
Actor who plays the doctor looks young. Actress who plays Spencer looks old for her supposed age. It's why it seems fine to alot of people. To be honest, it didn't even register for me. Never occured to me.

The simple fact is Aria looks so young and is so tiny physically that it just seemed creepy to me. Plus, the whole student/teacher thing is always a big no-no.
25-02-2012, 17:29   #368
Jaxxy

Send a message via MSN to Jaxxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Actor who plays the doctor looks young. Actress who plays Spencer looks old for her supposed age. It's why it seems fine to alot of people. To be honest, it didn't even register for me. Never occured to me.

The simple fact is Aria looks so young and is so tiny physically that it just seemed creepy to me. Plus, the whole student/teacher thing is always a big no-no.
Yeah I can see why Aria and Ezra would freak people out more than Spencer and Wren would, with Ezria the obvious wrongness is a slap in the face with a limp mackerel.

I think it registered with me because of how taboo it would have been say, if I were 16/17 and doing the naughty business with a fully qualified doctor. Whatever about a medical student, still in college, that mightn't have been as bad, but he's just so much older than her, and while he doesn't look it (I think he actually looks younger than Ezra) the intent is still there for me. Maybe it's because I'm a chick that this bothers me, who knows. It's more of a subtle pairing though, that's fo sho.

EDIT: As an aside, just to add, I actually prefer Wren over Toby. He's more interesting and there is certainly more to him than meets the eye.
28-02-2012, 22:26   #369
_LilyRose_

I only recently started watching it from the start on the internet..now I'm hooked lol..
Anyone seen the latest episode (S02E22) ? It was only aired in America last night..I just watched it there a few minutes ago
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-02-2012, 01:22   #370
Richard Dower
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LilyRose_ View Post
I only recently started watching it from the start on the internet..now I'm hooked lol..
Anyone seen the latest episode (S02E22) ? It was only aired in America last night..I just watched it there a few minutes ago
I ahevn't properly commented on PLL as i'm in catchup mode....have six episodes to watch

Welcome to the thread and PLL addiction ...can't wait for the finale!
11-03-2012, 13:26   #371
Richard Dower
Banned

As 'A' day approaches....tomorrow week, who do you think -A is?
My money is on Mona, but....i think there is more then one -A.

Btw...i think Melissa killed Alison over Ian, but she's not -A
12-03-2012, 00:08   #372
trendy88

I agree with you about A and the murderer being two separate people. With the A puzzle solved they will need something to carry our attention over to season 3.

Dont think it will be Mona though as I think they will go in a different direction than the books. Melissa seems too obvious. Lucas Perhaps?!

Who do people think will die on the finale? Caleb or Toby?

Last edited by trendy88; 12-03-2012 at 00:12.
Thanks from:
12-03-2012, 00:39   #373
Richard Dower
Banned

So i have a MONSTER catchup to do....8 episodes!, just finally getting round to watching them. Tonight i watch 2x17 and 2x18....i wanna get everything done for the big -A finale next Monday.

I must say 2x17 was brilliant, the reveals and shockers regarding the N.A.T. club, the video of them in Alisons bedroom, -A stepping up harrasing the girls....poor Toby!, almost killed and then Spencer stuck the knife in to protect him.

Then the lovey dovey Ezria stuff.....LOL!, they love shooting these two in the rain don't they?, does look good on camera i guess, really pushing this forbidden love and them being "destined" to be together, course skirting over the fact it's wrong and illegal.

Noel seems to be making lots of new friends, Jenna and Maya....hmmm, he's dodgy that guy, I see Aria's dad is tryna ship Ezra off to another state, that'll create some friction, Holden with the bruise.....hmmm, abusive father perhaps?

Loved the shocker/reveal of the pumpkin note and how it was folded over, only to reveal -A!!!, big shocker....course we knew from the Halloween episode -A had started to target Alison, but the four Liars didn't know that.

2x18 ended with -A getting Aria's dads gun!....wtf?, who's gonna get pinned for that?
^ please don't spoil as i need to watch 2x19 - 2x23 :-)

Overall those were very solid eps. and i'll watch another two tomorrow and be all caught up for next Mondays Afest :-)
13-03-2012, 11:37   #374
_Bella_

That scene in the doll shop was so creepy! Interestingly Jenna can see now but is pretending she can't. She also seems to have turned against Garrett though I still don't think she's A.

I'm not really sure what direction they are trying to go with, with the dream sequence with Ali. Looks like Aria and Ezra are done but I won't hold my breath.

All in all a good episode. is next week the season finale?
13-03-2012, 15:14   #375
trendy88

They really upped the ante in this weeks episode. How spooky was that doll hospital? Cant wait for next weeks finale. Hopefully it lives up to expectations. Im gonna say Alison has a twin and it was her that was murdered-if only because that would be a major twist which I'd love to see.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion