Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-01-2010, 13:44   #91
nobbo

I really want to donate some blood because Im always hearing about the shortage.

Is there a regular clinic in the hospital in Galway?
Advertisement
28-01-2010, 00:13   #92
conlof

From the look of the calender there is a clinic in Greystones once every five months which is a real shame.
28-01-2010, 02:49   #93
BrokenArrows

they dont seem to make it easy to donate. Every time i have ever looked on the website they never have anything in a reasonable time frame or in a reasonable distance.

Im living in galway and saw this urgent demand!!! checked the website on the 10th January. They dont have anything in my area till the 4th of February and even at that its a 20 minute drive away from the city.

if they are always short in demand why not have a permanent location in every major city thats open 1 day a week and everything will be sorted.
28-01-2010, 23:40   #94
DubMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrows View Post
if they are always short in demand why not have a permanent location in every major city thats open 1 day a week and everything will be sorted.
Yeah but you see this is Ireland.. we don't do things that make logical sense here.

28-01-2010, 23:41   #95
Angron
Blood for the Blood God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubMedic View Post
Yeah but you see this is Ireland.. we don't do things that make logical sense here.

Logic? What the hell is that?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-01-2010, 00:55   #96
sirrah

2 Giving Blood

I'd love to give blood, but I've been told by people that because I've had Leukeamia as a child that I can't give any, is this true, is there a doctor in the house????
29-01-2010, 01:07   #97
Tree

Mod: Biology
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
I'd love to give blood, but I've been told by people that because I've had Leukeamia as a child that I can't give any, is this true, is there a doctor in the house????
Dunno, there are restrictions in place depending on how much blood and where from you got it from. If you had leukaemia, you probably got a lot of various things.

I would suggest getting on to the IBTS. They'll have a much more detailed list to hand.
11-02-2010, 20:20   #98
January

Send a message via AIM to January Send a message via MSN to January Send a message via Yahoo to January

In the newspaper today, well done to all who donated!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion