Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer of '69

• 30-12-2009 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Was the highlight in terms of home made TV programmes on RTE over the Christmas for me so far.

Jim Sugar (National Geo) photographer based in California returned to Ireland 40 years after having done a great photo assignment touring the country to meet and recreate the moments and reflect on how Ireland had changed. Superb and heart warming TV doc !
    Five stars from me.

I hope they repeat for those who missed (or make available on RTE player,etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

tis on the player, rte player
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063294

I saw it yesterday and posted on other websites about this programme, it's a lovely evocation of Ireland, beautiful programme.
    Watch it, please.

A guy in work was talking about this today. Said it's one of the best programmes he's seen in a long time.

Must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

A guy in work was talking about this today. Said it's one of the best programmes he's seen in a long time.

Must check it out.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1063294
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

ifconfig wrote: »
    Was the highlight in terms of home made TV programmes on RTE over the Christmas for me so far.

Jim Sugar (National Geo) photographer based in California returned to Ireland 40 years after having done a great photo assignment touring the country to meet and recreate the moments and reflect on how Ireland had changed. Superb and heart warming TV doc !
    Five stars from me.

I hope they repeat for those who missed (or make available on RTE player,etc)

Agreed : super programme.
    This sort of format works because its based on ordinary people who participated in something which works.
    Liked the bits about the forge in Wexford/Carlow and the bit about Donegal too.
    Like all the parts of the show.

Excellent programme - in a season of otherwise RTE drivel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Missed the start, but saw most the this last night. As said, it was a very good programme. Interesting characters and how our landscape was changed so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Stumbled upon this while ficking through the channels the other night and must say it was excellent. Well done RTE, you finally did something right this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm watching it now. So good!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Just finished watching it.

Made me smile.

Fabulous documentary. Well done RTE.

excellent show! absolutely top drawer!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A very enjoyable show and nicely put together. It was helped greatly by the fact that the photographer came across as a genial sort of bloke.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    It was helped greatly by the fact that the photographer came across as a genial sort of bloke.

I thought so too. Very enthusiastic and passionate about his profession. seemed really down to earth.

Advertisement