Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

28-12-2009, 11:49   #1
Thargor

DPD Couriers

Does anyone know if these are on holiday or something? Im ringing all their depots and nobodies answering but that seems to be a common complaint all times of the year. They have my laptop and I need it and the failed to deliver cert says they'll only keep it for 5 days, that was on Christmas Eve.

No answer from the main Athlone office on their site either.
Advertisement
28-12-2009, 12:29   #2
Zzippy

Mod: Rugby
Today is a bank holiday. I'd say you're fecked til tomorrow.
Thanks from:
28-12-2009, 14:43   #3
Wompa1

Send a message via AIM to Wompa1 Send a message via Yahoo to Wompa1
Could take a spin out there?...it's out past Carnmore
28-12-2009, 14:51   #4
muffinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzippy View Post
Today is a bank holiday. I'd say you're fecked til tomorrow.
Is it?
28-12-2009, 16:06   #5
Thargor

Ah, didnt know it was a bank holiday, crap. Thanks.
Advertisement
28-12-2009, 16:44   #6
Owldshtok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Does anyone know if these are on holiday or something? Im ringing all their depots and nobodies answering but that seems to be a common complaint all times of the year. They have my laptop and I need it and the failed to deliver cert says they'll only keep it for 5 days, that was on Christmas Eve.

No answer from the main Athlone office on their site either.
sorry to tell you this,but I think they're on hols till thursday 31st.Was asking the delivery guy this on Christmas eve out of curiosity as I got a parcel just in time for xmas
28-12-2009, 17:09   #7
Thargor

Oh no, thanks for telling me anyway, they'd better not return my package to sender after this

How can a courier firm go on holidays and leave a load of stuff undelivered? Thats stupid, their holidays should be taken in rotation through the year like everyone else.

Also, did they ever hear of a answering machine to let their customers know they're doing that? The phone just rings forever if you try them, how hard would it be to leave a recorded message explaining whats going on.
28-12-2009, 20:16   #8
Mrs OBumble

Their customers are the people who paid, ie the ones who sent you the package.

You, I'm sad to say, are just the delivery point who's receiving the package, and it's likely that the volume of work you have for them is so low that they don't give a rats-a*** what you think.

Give feedback about your dis-satisfaction to whoever paid to send you the laptop, and maybe they'll choose another company next time.
28-12-2009, 21:16   #9
pg633

I imagine most of their work (bar for a few weeks before christmas) is business to business - if the offices and factories of this town are closed why open?
Advertisement
28-12-2009, 21:41   #10
Thargor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMary View Post
Give feedback about your dis-satisfaction to whoever paid to send you the laptop, and maybe they'll choose another company next time.
Well this is just the icing on the cake of the worst customer relations experience Ive ever had, Medion laptops that sell in Aldi turned what was supposed to be a 10 day repair into a three month ordeal where I had to do all my projects and exams without my own computer, fobbing me off with bullsh1t excuses and fake tracking numbers that were delivered to places in the UK and the Netherlands just to shut me up for another week, it was unbelievable, they only got it back to me when I got the number for their management in the UK and started ringing their everyday instead, and I still wont believe them until I have it in my hands, looks like Ill be waiting another week now though.
28-12-2009, 21:42   #11
testicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzippy View Post
Today is a bank holiday.
No it isn't...
28-12-2009, 22:48   #12
GerardKeating

Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Quote:
Originally Posted by testicle View Post
No it isn't...
Actually today is a bank holiday, as is tomorrow (Tuesday). Banks and Post offices are closed..

It might not be a public holiday, but most companies are observing it as such..
24-11-2011, 14:57   #13
unclealbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
Well this is just the icing on the cake of the worst customer relations experience Ive ever had, Medion laptops that sell in Aldi turned what was supposed to be a 10 day repair into a three month ordeal where I had to do all my projects and exams without my own computer, fobbing me off with bullsh1t excuses and fake tracking numbers that were delivered to places in the UK and the Netherlands just to shut me up for another week, it was unbelievable, they only got it back to me when I got the number for their management in the UK and started ringing their everyday instead, and I still wont believe them until I have it in my hands, looks like Ill be waiting another week now though.
you should publicly apologise to dpd,i used to be a courier and your a typical customer,get your facts straight before you start mouthing off,
24-11-2011, 15:00   #14
Discodog

Winner of the resurrect a thread prize We should ask these posters how they found the thread.
24-11-2011, 15:03   #15
elaverty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discodog View Post
Winner of the resurrect a thread prize We should ask these posters how they found the thread.

Id say they found it by searching HOW DO I MAKE A IDIOT OF MYSELF ON BOARDS,,,,

Last edited by elaverty; 24-11-2011 at 15:04. Reason: SPELLING
Thread Closed