Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-02-2012, 20:33   #781
jokettle

I was going to start a thread on this but I figured it's such a small query, I might get an answer here!

I've been trying to increase my water intake as part of a diet and exercise revamp. The diet has improved vastly, as has the exercise levels, but I'm finding it really hard to drink more than a litre of water a day. I don't drink coffee, would have maybe 3 cups of tea per month maximum and don't drink juices, smoothies or soft drinks so it's not like I'm substituting water for anything else. Anytime I drink a litre or more I'm in and out to the bathroom

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I've been like this for about 4 months now.

Oh, and basic stats: female, 24, 146 pounds, 5'7, no health problems
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 11:23   #782
boomtown84

Don't drink more than a litre then.....???
Having two is not going to make you any healthier tbh.
Pint of water first thing in the morning. Bring a 500ml bottle with you to work and have it after lunch or sip on it throughout the day.
It's definitely not something to worry about.
16-02-2012, 14:45   #783
TiltedBrain

Lads, Chicken wings destroyed in Franks

OMG
Thanks from:
16-02-2012, 16:04   #784
boomtown84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltedBrain View Post
Lads, Chicken wings Anything destroyed in Franks

OMG
FYP
(2) thanks from:
16-02-2012, 22:45   #785
El_Dangeroso

Evidence for cold showers after exercise.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....pub2/abstract

Apparently good for leaning out too, via hormesis.
Advertisement
24-02-2012, 16:13   #786
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!

Can't you get keto headaches after 1 day without a depletetion work out?

EDIT: Tested blood sugar using diabetic's kit. 3.8, she kinda freaked when she saw that

Last edited by Gummy Panda; 24-02-2012 at 16:53.
26-02-2012, 16:15   #787
Orla K

I've got a few questions,

Wtf are 'plant sterols'?
How have they been 'proven'?
What have they 'proven'?
Why is the third ingredient on the list (from the drink one)Glucose-Fructose Syrup?
Why are they allowed to advertise that the products are healthy?

This is more of a rant than actual questions, had dinner made for me yesterday, was dreading it, I hadn't a clue what I was going to eat. I knew gravy was out, I'd put a little potato on the plate, loaded up with veg, and brought my own butter(garlic and herb) dessert was for me vanilla icecream topped with stuff I brought with me (brazil nuts, 85% choc, dried apricots)
They have a load of that flora stuff in the fridge and I had a look at ingredients/nutritional info on it I'd nearly consider sending off an email about false advertising but it wouldn't get anywhere, more so since I'm overweight with high cholestrol (not even my doctors worried about that)
It's really annoying when people don't listen. I wish more people in this country would have a healthier attitude.
26-02-2012, 16:58   #788
Gummy Panda
Rub my belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orla K View Post
Why is the third ingredient on the list (from the drink one)Glucose-Fructose Syrup?
Its High Fructose Corn Syrup
26-02-2012, 17:25   #789
Orla K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy Panda View Post
I know, just wondering why they're putting it in something thats ment to be healthy
Advertisement
09-03-2012, 14:39   #790
Red Cortina

I'm shocked ..... Robb Wolf saying 'Metformin is one of those rare “good” drugs that seem to provide significant benefit and at relatively little risk and cost.' That's not the usual Paleo schtick that he comes out with!!!

http://www.robbwolf.com/2012/03/09/p...ion-metformin/
09-03-2012, 18:55   #791
El_Dangeroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Cortina View Post
I'm shocked ..... Robb Wolf saying 'Metformin is one of those rare “good” drugs that seem to provide significant benefit and at relatively little risk and cost.' That's not the usual Paleo schtick that he comes out with!!!

http://www.robbwolf.com/2012/03/09/p...ion-metformin/
No-one in the world could argue that metformin is not an amazing treatment that is very well tolerated though. It's a wonder drug in the true sense of the world, and it's generic.

I'm all for diet and preventing disease but I'm still really glad in live in times of modern medical treatments and techniques too.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 19:30   #792
Red Cortina

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dangeroso View Post
No-one in the world could argue that metformin is not an amazing treatment that is very well tolerated though. It's a wonder drug in the true sense of the world, and it's generic.

I'm all for diet and preventing disease but I'm still really glad in live in times of modern medical treatments and techniques too.
Ah, I only commented cause its different to what he normally comes out with such as 'the paleo diet cures everything' or 'I have ten gazillion emails in my inbox right now about how the paleo diet cured x, y and z'.* As you can tell that sh!te bugs the cr&p outta me

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drugs and medical treatments if they are needed. Also one of the largest pharma companys employs me so I am grateful to them in that respect too.

*He didn't say those things exactly...
09-03-2012, 19:39   #793
El_Dangeroso

Quote:
Ah, I only commented cause its different to what he normally comes out with such as 'the paleo diet cures everything' or 'I have ten gazillion emails in my inbox right now about how the paleo diet cured x, y and z'.* As you can tell that sh!te bugs the cr&p outta me

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for drugs and medical treatments if they are needed. Also one of the largest pharma companys employs me so I am grateful to them in that respect too.

*He didn't say those things exactly...
Oh sorry, picked you up wrong there, apologies! Yeah, there seems to be a crackdown on 'paleowoo' of late.
Thanks from:
09-03-2012, 19:42   #794
Red Cortina

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dangeroso View Post
Oh sorry, picked you up wrong there, apologies! Yeah, there seems to be a crackdown on 'paleowoo' of late.
That's no bad thing, to be honest. It's my own personnal peeve, I suppose, with the whole paleo diet thing that it is supposed to heal all sorts of issues. Certainly hasn't for me!

On another note did you catch Prime Time last tues? Our GDP has gone down with lipitor going off patent. How's about that? Nuts isn't it?
09-03-2012, 19:49   #795
El_Dangeroso

Quote:
On another note did you catch Prime Time last tues? Our GDP has gone down with lipitor going off patent. How's about that? Nuts isn't it?
That's crazy! Hence the mad boon in research to find something to replace it. I think diabetes is the biggest growing market at the moment.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion