Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-02-2010, 15:43   #31
KoolKid

C Fault can sometimes be clared buy powering the system down, wait a minute, power back up on battery first. If the keypad responds ok then apply the mains power.
Was the keypad removed or any keypad connections altered?
Advertisement
17-02-2010, 20:03   #32
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
Will do Altor, on another topic, do you know anything about astec alarms? A friend has one, he said the battery needed replacing. He replaced it and the system locked, he tried to reset the factory settings. He says the system is now in suspend mode showing C fault on both keypads. Any advice would be greatly received.
rgds,
S

As koolkid said powering down the system and powering it back up might clear the fault but to be honest he may need to replace the panel. With replacing the battery in the astec panel it should always be powered down as a shorting of the circuit board can lock the panel which is what i suspect happened.
25-02-2010, 21:18   #33
Springsteen

Altor,
The new batteries are in the eircom sensors 5 or 6 days now and are working perfectly. For the first time since moving in to this house 3 years ago, the alarm works perfectly, no status messages or false alarms. Many thanks for all the advice and time, you're a gent. Regarding my mates astec alarm, I have not seen him in a while. I passed on your advice. When I hear back i'll let you know. I fear he may have burnt out a circuit board while changing the battery with the power on!
Rgds
Springsteen
25-02-2010, 22:59   #34
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsteen View Post
Altor,
The new batteries are in the eircom sensors 5 or 6 days now and are working perfectly. For the first time since moving in to this house 3 years ago, the alarm works perfectly, no status messages or false alarms. Many thanks for all the advice and time, you're a gent. Regarding my mates astec alarm, I have not seen him in a while. I passed on your advice. When I hear back i'll let you know. I fear he may have burnt out a circuit board while changing the battery with the power on!
Rgds
Springsteen
Hi Springsteen,

Your welcome, i am happy it is all working for you now. Like they say, its easy when you know how. If you ever have any problems dont hesitate to ask..

Kind regards,

Altor.
19-04-2010, 09:49   #35
sarahmurphy

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm urgently looking for some help with an eircom phonewatch system as well. I moved into this house 4 years ago and the system was in place but the phone line disconnected. I have the code to turn off the alarm but not the 4 digit code to work the control panel and the previous home owners say they have forgotten it. I have had several problems, which I have mostly got round, but now me and my three kids are being woken every night at 3am with a message about 'system low battery'. Why does it go off at 3am? What can I do. Any help appreciated.
Advertisement
19-04-2010, 10:30   #36
Springsteen

Hi Sarah, I had the same problem. On advice from this forum, I removed the front panel from the control pad ( be careful, live electrics, turn off power at fuse box first ), I took out the battery, and went looking for a replacement. My alarm is a concorde style control panel, and the battery was a NP2.1-12 12V,2.1Ah (It was about 6 inches by 2 inches) It cost approx 20euro. It is very easy to replace, just plug it in. The ' System low battery ' warning disappeared. Google concord alarm panel for a picture to see if you have the same system ( the panel is approx 6inches by 7 inches ).
Good luck,
Rgds
S.
19-04-2010, 10:47   #37
sarahmurphy

Thanks for your reply! Mine is made by Interactive Technologies, but it is also connected to the mains - great to see that others have tackled this anyway, will have a go at removing cover.
19-04-2010, 14:03   #38
ray27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmurphy View Post
Thanks for your reply! Mine is made by Interactive Technologies, but it is also connected to the mains - great to see that others have tackled this anyway, will have a go at removing cover.
i would recommend you pm altor
19-04-2010, 19:26   #39
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray27 View Post
i would recommend you pm altor
Thanks ray27.
Advertisement
19-04-2010, 19:39   #40
altor

Quote:
Hi, sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm urgently looking for some help with an eircom phonewatch system as well. I moved into this house 4 years ago and the system was in place but the phone line disconnected. I have the code to turn off the alarm but not the 4 digit code to work the control panel and the previous home owners say they have forgotten it. I have had several problems, which I have mostly got round, but now me and my three kids are being woken every night at 3am with a message about 'system low battery'. Why does it go off at 3am? What can I do. Any help appreciated.
Hi sarahmurphy,

This is one of there older alarms. The battery is in the back of the alarm so you will have to take the panel off the wall to get at the battery. You need to release the screws at the bottom and push the panel up off the plate at the back. The alarm is set up that way, thats why it tells you this at 3am. This panel is not in use anymore so getting parts for it is a nightmare.
12-05-2010, 12:48   #41
sarahmurphy

Thanks Altor! Finally got it sorted, got new battery easily and everything working again. Really delighted
12-05-2010, 19:52   #42
altor

Quote:
Thanks Altor! Finally got it sorted, got new battery easily and everything working again. Really delighted
Your welcome sarahmurphy, glad it all worked out.
13-05-2010, 01:33   #43
cruachan7

Altor - I hope you dont mind another question. I have phonewatch and am looking to lower the volume the beeps make when I set the alarm, when i select "motions on" when Im going out it beeps for a few seconds - at night this is too loud and must be disturbing my neighbours. The panel I have has no display - it is all voice.

Also - I was just looking at your website, I have a fake bellbox on my house with no flashing red lights, would it be possible to have flashing red lights installed but keep it as a fake?

Last edited by cruachan7; 13-05-2010 at 12:22.
13-05-2010, 13:06   #44
altor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruachan7 View Post
Altor - I hope you dont mind another question. I have phonewatch and am looking to lower the volume the beeps make when I set the alarm, when i select "motions on" when Im going out it beeps for a few seconds - at night this is too loud and must be disturbing my neighbours. The panel I have has no display - it is all voice.
Always happy to answer questions.

I take it you have a SIMON installed. If you drop the lid on the panel and enter your user code. It will say, please select from start menu, press delete, press option, then enter 01. Press done to accept the change. Any problems let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruachan7 View Post
Also - I was just looking at your website, I have a fake bellbox on my house with no flashing red lights, would it be possible to have flashing red lights installed but keep it as a fake?
Yes you can. They last about 2 - 3 years.
13-05-2010, 18:01   #45
cruachan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by altor View Post
Always happy to answer questions.

I take it you have a SIMON installed. If you drop the lid on the panel and enter your user code. It will say, please select from start menu, press delete, press option, then enter 01. Press done to accept the change. Any problems let me know.

Yes you can. They last about 2 - 3 years.
Hi Altor, that didnt work. When I enter 01 it says "press again for next option or DONE to delete". I also went to option 42 for speaker volume and ended up pressing done, now the voice is 10 times louder. Do you have any ideas - its a terrible stupid panel.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed