Dolph Ziggler - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-11-2009, 14:45   #1
JP Liz

Dolph Ziggler

Source: F4WOnline.com

Quote:
Don't expect Dolph Ziggler's pursuit of the Intercontinental title to amount to anything soon as WWE officials have reportedly "given up on him".

As we reported a few months ago, Ziggler was scheduled to win the belt from Rey Mysterio over the Summer, however Mysterio opposed the idea and it didn't go ahead. Instead, Mysterio agreed to drop the belt to John Morrison as a result of his 30-day suspension for violating the company's drug testing policy.

Ziggler's pursuit of the Intercontinental title has been -relentless, taking part in twenty-six title matches at various events, losing all but two. On television, he has failed to retrieve the title on three pay-per-views and four separate episodes of SmackDown.

Ironically in the latest issue of WWE Magazine, Ziggler was voted as "Most Deserving of a Title Shot" among his peers in the "Superstar Survey".
WWE officials have reportedly given up on him - why?

He is one of the best up coming stars on SD
Advertisement
25-11-2009, 14:58   #2
Dare_2_defy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz View Post

He is one of the best up coming stars on SD
In the Rumours/News thread, I put this in my post. It say's he's lost 26 IC Title matchs (house and TV shows) in the space of 5 months. Surely that's a record.

I don't know what he has done wrong, tbh but watching his promo at Breaking Point w/ Pat Patterson, he's awful on the mic. His wrestling style is good and his 1 of the future but he's had/having a really bad run of luck. Rey didn't drop the title to him but did to JoMo. If Ziggler does win the IC title, I think WWE won't know what to do with him.
25-11-2009, 15:16   #3
gimmick

Its a shame, but come on, giving a dude the moniker of "Dolph Ziggler" is priming the guy to be future endeavoured.

I have seen nothing but potential in the guy. Good look and can work the ring and has had a good programe with JoMo. I fail to see the problem.
25-11-2009, 15:16   #4
JohnMc1

Send a message via AIM to JohnMc1 Send a message via MSN to JohnMc1 Send a message via Yahoo to JohnMc1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz View Post

As your post said Rey refused to put him [another reason for me to dislike him. He's a midget HHH] over so that definitely didn't help. I guess management will always think of him as one of the Spirit Squad members.
25-11-2009, 15:39   #5
Penn
Quixotic

Rey refusing to drop the title to him hurt him badly. Then Rey dropping it to Morrison because of his suspension meant that they couldn't take the title off Morrison too soon or he'd look weak. Ziggler was screwed either way. In my opinion, Rey should have agreed to drop the title to Ziggler when his suspension came in. It was bad enough that he wouldn't lose to Ziggler, but even worse when he failed a f*cking drugs test, had to be suspended for a month, and STILL wouldn't drop the title to him.

I really like Ziggler. I hope this doesn't damage him too much. Smackdown was supposed to be the show for really pushing guys like Punk, Ziggler and Morrison. Now Batista is there, and it seems like Rey is holding some people down.
Advertisement
25-11-2009, 16:18   #6
Tricity Bendix

Would Rey really get a say in who beats him for the title?
25-11-2009, 16:21   #7
Penn
Quixotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricity Bendix View Post
Would Rey really get a say in who beats him for the title?
I'd say so. Due to the sales from his merchandise, I think he'd have a lot of say in his character and general pull backstage. If he says Dolph Ziggler isn't ready to take the title off him, I'd say creative would go with it
25-11-2009, 16:45   #8
flahavaj
Closed Account

It wasn't that Rey didn't want to drop it to Ziggler per se. The point is he was promised a long IC title reign aonly 4 weeks prior to that after he had signed his new contract. Then the bookers totally went back on their promise and wanted to switch it over. It was at that stage that Rey put his foot down on the back of the promise that was made to him. It wasn't pareticularly Ziggler that was the problem, he didn't want to drop it to anyone.

Its not as if hes ever had a problem putting people over in teh past, even when he was World champ he was pinned byu half the roster and never complained, evn though he probably had grounds to do so.
25-11-2009, 16:59   #9
Penn
Quixotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flahavaj View Post
It wasn't that Rey didn't want to drop it to Ziggler per se. The point is he was promised a long IC title reign aonly 4 weeks prior to that after he had signed his new contract. Then the bookers totally went back on their promise and wanted to switch it over. It was at that stage that Rey put his foot down on the back of the promise that was made to him. It wasn't pareticularly Ziggler that was the problem, he didn't want to drop it to anyone.

Its not as if hes ever had a problem putting people over in teh past, even when he was World champ he was pinned byu half the roster and never complained, evn though he probably had grounds to do so.
Then what about when he got suspended and dropped it to Morrison? I mean, the most logical thing would have been to have Ziggler beat him instead of Morrison. Then maybe have him and Morrison fued for the title. Even if Morrison beat him a month later, at least Ziggler would have had the title and it would have kept his momentum going
Advertisement
25-11-2009, 17:02   #10
flahavaj
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyirishman85 View Post
Then what about when he got suspended and dropped it to Morrison? I mean, the most logical thing would have been to have Ziggler beat him instead of Morrison. Then maybe have him and Morrison fued for the title. Even if Morrison beat him a month later, at least Ziggler would have had the title and it would have kept his momentum going
That was the bookers' decision to decide who took the belt off him. Having just been done for violating wellness, I don't think Rey was ina position to call the shots on who he dropped the belt to in all fairness.

I'm not saying putting the belt on Morrison was the right decision, but I don't think blaming Rey is right either.
25-11-2009, 17:06   #11
Penn
Quixotic

I'm just going by the posted article, but I'd agree that it probably isn't exactly how it seems there
25-11-2009, 17:46   #12
Rjd2

He better change his theme tune ASAP
25-11-2009, 18:43   #13
currythis

I honestly never thought that he would amount to much,bad on the mic,average in the ring and a god awful name!
25-11-2009, 20:00   #14
Diabhal Beag
Known cowboy

Mod: GMIT
I know he had a stupid name but they should have at least given him the Intercontinental Title. Another talent wasted by a stale comapny.
25-11-2009, 20:07   #15
sky88

i dont like dolph much tbh never thought hed become much of a star i find his theme song the best thing about him

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion