Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Unusual' Things You've Seen In A Pub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Was in a small family owned pub in North London a few years ago, sitting there with some mates sipping a pint, when the family's large pet dog decided to take a giant dump in the middle of the lounge :D

The landlady never even batted an eyelid, she just shoveled it up & gave the spot a quick sponge > Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Duggy747 wrote: »

Made a little in-joke video on the pub with me old Nokia mobile a good while ago:

That video is class. The bit with the bullet was excellent. Somebody has some serious skillz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

A modestly dressed attractive Irish woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

A tights vending machine in the gents.
    I subsequently realised it was the ladies and legged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The Cosy Bar..

Christ if ever a video summed up the Cosy it was that! Very well made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

A stag party where the star attraction was a 55 year old female midget kisogram dressed in a bikini and thigh high boots. Anyway she had a whip and was administering a few lashes to the groom to be when a wiseguy behind her gives him a playful boot in the hole. She subsequently turns and gives him a lash of her whip across the mush. Mayhem. I have to say, ashamedly, I never laughed so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Who's Mick?
    Any reason why you signed up here to be a racist troll?
    TheZohan wrote: »
    Bye, bye.

Mick

If he had said Paddy would he have been banned ? Just curious as to what level of PC is ok.

Edit . Ignore me , I see now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

A stag party where the star attraction was a 55 year old female midget kisogram dressed in a bikini and thigh high boots. Anyway she had a whip and was administering a few lashes to the groom to be when a wiseguy behind her gives him a playful boot in the hole. She subsequently turns and gives him a lash of her whip across the mush. Mayhem. I have to say, ashamedly, I never laughed so much.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Slightly off topic but that TG4 ad in the pub with loads of random bizarre things going on is great! Someone's having a heart attack and someone else is chained to a wall and there's an alien and some old military. The tag line is 'Suil Eile'. Brilliant stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

benwavner wrote: »
    I once saw a midget in a pram in a bar. Freaked my out bigtime!

I thought it was a small child...........then it started talking to me in an old man voice!

Was it not just little benny buttons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I used to work in a place, got my younger brother a job there (he was about 19 at the time). Anyway, we used to get absolutely buckled while working, did it to the little fella on his second week or so, it ended with him sweeping up in the middle of a pretty packed bar, wearing a bra over his shirt, singing "I want to break free", and getting completely stung by the manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

A mate buying his round without needing reminding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

El Weirdo wrote: »
    A pint for under 4 quid.

2.75 for a pint in the UCC Old Bar :P

*Wahey, 1000th post...

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Disco-pub, 1998 in Birmingham city centre, stood by the DJ booth and a guy walks up to the dj and as he leans into him to say something produces (what looked to me, not that I know much) like a semi automatic pistol ! Points at his head and says "Now will you play my Fkkking song?"....

All hell ensued.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭bakkiesbotha

Can't claim I was there, but...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/rugby-news/tm_objectid=15165945&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=welsh-rugby-fan-cuts-off-own-testicles-name_page.html
    A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles after his team beat England, police confirmed today.

The man was rushed to hospital after the incident at Leigh Social Club in Caerphilly, South Wales.

A Gwent Police spokeswoman said: "We received a call from the ambulance service at approximately 9pm on the 5th to inform us of a situation at the Leigh Social Club in which a man had indeed severed his own testicles."

She said the man was taken to Heath Hospital but could not confirm his condition.

It was reported that the man told his friends: "If Wales win I'll cut my own balls off."

After the 11-9 victory in the Six Nations clash, the man is reported to have gone outside and severed his testicles before bringing them back into the club to show fellow drinkers.

A local was reported as saying that the man was on medication and should not have been drinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

fatboypee wrote: »
    Disco-pub, 1998 in Birmingham city centre, stood by the DJ booth and a guy walks up to the dj and as he leans into him to say something produces (what looked to me, not that I know much) like a semi automatic pistol ! Points at his head and says "Now will you play my Fkkking song?"....

All hell ensued.....

Where did wee Daniel O'Donnell get the gun from? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Biggins wrote: »
    ...rave disco.... ... rave dance floor....

I could go on...

Where are you posting from? 1989?:confused:

tman wrote: »
    Where are you posting from? 1989?:confused:

I did say I was old! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Seeing Dave McSavage last month forceable pulling an english woman from the audience in The International Bar while saying "Come on ya slapper", "Your only a whore", "Get the f*ck up out of that" .. etc etc

So when he has here her there he says "Listen everyone, what I'm .." but she interrupts him and really loudly says "Okay, wait though .. just want to say two things to you first".

He looks down into her face with a look that can only be described as one that suggested he was expecting a compliment from the English woman - like, 'What a great gig you tall Handsome Irish rouge you' ..

And just as he's gazing at her with his arm around her she gives him the hardest slap accross the face and walks off .. gig over :)

He didn't get to say another word with all the laughter and in the end Aidan Bishop just came out and closed things up but he too was in knots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Seeing Dave McSavage last month forceable pulling an english woman from the audience in The International Bar while saying "Come on ya slapper", "Your only a whore", "Get the f*ck up out of that" .. etc etc

So when he has here her there he says "Listen everyone, what I'm .." but she interrupts him and really loudly says "Okay, wait though .. just want to say two things to you first".

He looks down into her face with a look that can only be described as one that suggested he was expecting a compliment from the English woman - like, 'What a great gig you tall Handsome Irish rouge you' ..

And just as he's gazing at her with his arm around her she gives him the hardest slap accross the face and walks off .. gig over :)

He didn't get to say another word with all the laughter and in the end Aidan Bishop just came out and closed things up but he too was in knots.

Heard about this actually. It sounds a lot more fun to witness than the po-faced original account...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

fatboypee wrote: »

All hell ensued.....

The song was that good? Fair fks to the gun-toter then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Arthurs Day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dudess wrote: »
    Depends on the pub - if it's a Café en Seine type establishment, someone who isn't a wanker.

Quote of the night!!

Man where do I begin!

A few years ago, in Treacys hotel (Bendicts nightclub), a savage girl, tall, slim great boobs.. she was walking by me and puked all over herself she goes into the toilet and has a feeble attempt at cleaning it off.. comes out a while later and starts meeting some lad.. rotten!

Seeing one girl knock another girl out for looking at her boyfriend the wrong way (Paps in Dun Laoghaire)

In Longnecks in Ballina, sitting near the "scoring couch" where 1 guy actually shagged a girl and 2 others go head all the while myself and a mate were cheering them on (while our GFs say there disgusted!)

But honestly the worse I have ever seen was in Zanzibar, a guy came into the toilets and all the cubicles were full he was begging the lads to hurry up or he was going to s**t himself he lets out a cry and tries to undo his jeans but doesnt get them off in time and basically craps all over his jeans and the floor, he pulled them up and legged it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

comes out a while later and starts meeting some lad.. rotten!

I was going to ask what you meant by 'meeting' or did you mean 'mating'?

Then I rembered the Ma years ago asking me where in particular I was 'going with' this girl so maybe I should keep my mouth shut instead of proving that I'm old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

SomeFool wrote: »

Gives new meaning to safe toilets! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

An open coffin... An ould lad had died at the bar in his local-took them a couple of hours to cop on that he'd died! So he ended up gettin laid out on a few tables pushed together for his wake and was business as normal for the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

angie101 wrote: »
    An open coffin... An ould lad had died at the bar in his local-took them a couple of hours to cop on that he'd died! So he ended up gettin laid out on a few tables pushed together for his wake and was business as normal for the pub

Have you been watching the Wire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

LeoGilly wrote: »
    Have you been watching the Wire?
    actually just started on the box set! Take it somethin similiar happened in it? I did actualy see this though with my bro in law out in the sticks. He was from the area so knew it was going on but hadn't bothered to tell me. It was at least 12 or so years ago

Advertisement