Guaranteed Tip for Putting Greatness - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-11-2009, 15:50   #1
stumpypeeps
Closed Account

Guaranteed Tip for Putting Greatness

I may be over selling it but for those who struggle with putting I have recently made a slight change to great results. Perhaps you might like to try it.

Its based on a clip on you tube from legendary putter Ben Crenshaw.
He simply states when he was young, his coach, suggested people should putt like they chip.

Well with a little modification, I started putting this way. Its given me great feel for distance plus better control of the putter head. I also have a better view of the line of the putt. Which is helping also.

Basically, open your stance a little, forward press of the hands, head down and roll the ball forward nice and smoothly.

I know its against everything being thought in the game but hey, it works for me.
Advertisement
19-11-2009, 18:05   #2
stockdam

I've been putting with an open stance for many a year. It helps me to see the line of the putt.

On the other hand Gary Player used a closed stance and he wasn't a bad putter either.

Closed, open, square - whatever suits.

There's no quick route to success though - many, many hours on the putting green are required to be a good putter. Hours that sadly I no longer can justify.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion