NCT out for lunch? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

03-10-2009, 14:43   #1
BostonB

NCT out for lunch?

Considering theres long waiting lists for NCT's. Why do NCT centers close for lunch. Can they not stagger their lunch hours.
Advertisement
03-10-2009, 14:46   #2
niceirishfella

+1, and why do they stand around talking too when they are meant to be working?
03-10-2009, 14:48   #3
Gary ITR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
Considering theres long waiting lists for NCT's. Why do NCT centers close for lunch. Can they not stagger their lunch hours.
Still the same amount of labour hours so it makes no odds really
Thanks from:
03-10-2009, 15:10   #4
kceire

its a lunch hour guys, come on its not the end of the world.

either way, the same amount of men are working the same hours, so the waiting list will remain either way.
Thanks from:
03-10-2009, 15:29   #5
BostonB

It deals with people, its not a production line. People can get to a NCT center at lunchtime they may not at other times. Also visual checks could be done. I was at one earlier and there was a good queue for visual checks. Surely one person could cover that desk during lunchtime. I'm guessing theres a big demand for slots outside working hours.

Last edited by BostonB; 03-10-2009 at 15:32.
Advertisement
03-10-2009, 15:42   #6
JHMEG
Banned

Not all close for lunch. Some even stay open till 10pm weeknights.
Thanks from:
03-10-2009, 15:46   #7
BostonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMEG View Post
Its obviously a local managment policy. I thought in the past when there was large queues they had extended hours. I surprised to see them close, with guys standing around having a smoke while theres a big queue of people building up, just doesn't seem right. Especially if you've waited 3 months for an appointment.
03-10-2009, 17:14   #8
unkel
Seņor Fring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHMEG View Post
Indeed and some that stay open till 10 close for dinner. They made a mistake with my car once, thinking that it was only a visual (it was a full check) and leaving it while they were having a break (it was supposed to be done before their break). I talked to the manager, who apologised and gave me the test for free. Not so bad for a 30 minute delay
03-10-2009, 23:02   #9
kbannon

They also work Saturdays and Sundays so there is plenty of choice of time for people to get their car tested!
Advertisement
03-10-2009, 23:17   #10
BostonB

So I guess I'll be able to book on next week then. No problem.
03-10-2009, 23:23   #11
Bearcat
Closed Account

the b's made my life misery last night....jipped and failed me over inner sections of alloy wheels not visible and then when i displayed same said see you in 3 months for your next nct as the previous owner never nct.ed it. full of eastern european mafia.....not an irish person in sight and the economy going down the jacks,,,,,,,,,,
03-10-2009, 23:41   #12
kbannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
the b's made my life misery last night....jipped and failed me over inner sections of alloy wheels not visible
eh? do you mean the wheel nuts were covered? If so then this is normal and they are just doing their job
Quote:
when i displayed same said see you in 3 months for your next nct as the previous owner never nct.ed it.
If it is due another test in 3 months then it is due another test - again not their fault! However, as you can do a test up to three months early, I suspect then that your current one has more than 3 months to go before it expires!
Quote:
full of eastern european mafia.....not an irish person in sight and the economy going down the jacks,,,,,,,,,,
STFU
Were you aiming to be racist or retarded? Maybe you are trying to be both!?!?
Thanks from:
04-10-2009, 00:32   #13
stevenmu

Quote:
full of eastern european mafia.....not an irish person in sight and the economy going down the jacks,,,,,,,,,,
I suspect that's because Irish people weren't willing to work for the wages being offered. I don't know what the testers are paid, but I'd imagine that during the cetic tiger anyone with mechanical skills/qualifications could get paid a lot more working as a mechanic in a dealer/garage or as an independant. Hence that's what all the Irish people did, leaving nobody but eastern europeans applying for the roles.
04-10-2009, 01:08   #14
BostonB

Nice derail there.
04-04-2012, 13:17   #15
jameswburke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonB View Post
You'll be interested to know that they are still at it in 2012. Yesterday I had an NCT at Kilkenny. One of my tiny parking lights was "too dim". I got an new one and returned, only to find them all filing out to lunch. Their list of opening hours does not mention lunch hours. I had to sit and wait while several people tried the locked door. As you suggest, can they not stagger their lunches, at least for 'visual' inspections?. Would it happen in a real business? I think not. A whole morning wasted. Up the fecking cats!

Last edited by colm_mcm; 04-04-2012 at 13:50. Reason: don't bump old threads please
Thread Closed