Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options
  • 28-09-2009 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭

a home for the random banter.

if it's not worth a thread, stick it here, banter from a spin, whatever you want. Within broad confines of the charter :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

1st in!!!
    I hate cyclists with tennis socks ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1st in!!!
    I hate cyclists with tennis socks ...

I love you too honey :p

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Is this really necessary?
    Was anyone asking for it?

People talk about banter from their spins on the threads that announce the spins.

I just hope it doesnt turn into a place where people post images of cats hanging off trees, youtube clips of the Simpsons, and other internet dross.

Hmm. Two big fat thumbs down for this thread from me.

Please dont sticky it.

Excellent!

I'm moving to a different place of work (within the same company) tomorrow, which means a longer commute. People in my place of work don't seem to understand how I'm looking forward to a longer commute. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

0811839974_large.jpg

Yay! Inanity! Woo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Finally a place where I can legitimately talk about cake.
    No that I mention cake, I am in London on work at present and I have choosen my hotel for its proximity to my favourite patisierre (sic).

Given my inability to climb with Blorg last Saturday, I should probably stay away from cake.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

ROK ON wrote: »
    Given my inability to climb with Blorg last Saturday, I should probably stay away from cake.

So where will you get your energy from? Is there many people that can climb with blorg? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Anyone know anything about the new tagging feature on the new IPOD NANO. Essentially while listening to the radio you can hold down centre button and tag a song. When you connect back to your PC you are prompted if you would like to buy said single.

BUT not all radio stations/signals support it. This is where I dont understand the technology of it. It appears none of the Irish stations support the technology presently. But 'they' say that this type of technology will be great for radio and they wont be long realising that they should support it as they will get a cut of any single sales that are tagged from their stations.

Anyway thats the theory anyone know any more shout

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

I still don't know what a tracker mortgage is !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Guess there'll be an interview bit and official titles like the Noc forum next too...

And first on the list ROK ON: Official Cake Officanado of the Cycling Forum :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I've no idea about the tagging thing, but I'm wondering if the new ipod nano with the camera would be any good as a helmet cam... it's only 37g :p

i think this has a great potencial of being the messyest thread ever!
    Cakes are nice. I am getting one this friday.
    I heard blorg cycled over 800KM at the weekend.

niceonetom wrote: »
    Caro, you should get that helmet cam... it's only the best idea evar
    yes ok I shall get it at the weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Knee pain.

(Sorry, that referred to "The Borg")
    6a00d83451c3cb69e20120a510d7dc970b-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I've no idea about the tagging thing, but I'm wondering if the new ipod nano with the camera would be any good as a helmet cam... it's only 37g :p

I was kinda wondering that too. The picture quality looks nice on the samples online but I think you have to record with it held longways (landscape?) - could make mounting tricky

He doesn't sleep?

Dónal wrote: »
    He doesn't sleep?

blorg doesn't need sleep,.. if he stops it's only to rest his bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Or you could do it Secret Service style, and have it tie-mounted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

So first time back in the ahem saddle today 6 weeks after breaking the shoulder.

Managed 20k in 53 mins with an average speed of 22.5 km-ph.

Ok, l'm not quite Tyler Hamilton and they're pi$$ poor stats and l was sore as hell afterwards, but man feels it good to be back!

:)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

i think this has a great potencial of being the messyest thread ever!
    Cakes are nice. I am getting one this friday.

FFS, I did just over 600km this month commuting and I thought I was doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Did Blorg cycle back to Dublin from Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

furiousox wrote: »
    So first time back in the ahem saddle today 6 weeks after breaking the shoulder.

Managed 20k in 53 mins with an average speed of 22.5 km-ph.

:)

did 55k at the weekend, in 2hrs 5 mins. First spin in a year. Stiff neck afterwards, but reasonably pleased with myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I like the broomwagon.

Just did my first spin in the dark tonight, it's harder to sprint from fücking dogs in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

..........I like the broomwagon

Stic-ky!
    Stic-ky!
    Stic-ky!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

can you call these smilies anymore ?

Perfect breasts
    (o)(o)

Fake silicone breasts
    ( + )( + )

Perky breasts
    (*)(*)

Big nipple breasts
    (@)(@)

A cups
    o o

D cups
    { O }{ O }

Wonder bra breasts
    (oYo)

Cold breasts
    ( ^ )( ^ )

Lopsided breasts
    (o)(O)

Pierced Breasts
    (Q)(O)

Hanging Tassels Breasts
    (p)(p)

Grandma's Breasts
    \ o /\ o /

Against The Shower Door Breasts
    ( )( )

Android Breasts
    | o | | o |

Martha Stewart's Breasts
    ($)($)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

what ye call a bloke witha shovel in his head ?????

Doug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

The Broomwagon (off topic chat) the forum is now complete:)

So here's a toughie, I maybe relocating job and house... whats the ideal distance to live between work and home to have a good commute, not too long, not too short... just right.

I will have to drive some times but on the days I don't need the car I'd hope to cycle. I currently live very close to work which I must say I love, but that means I only get to cycle when I go for spins.

What are ppl doing and what do ye reckon is a good distance....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Oh yea, pls sticky:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

whats the ideal distance to live between work and home to have a good commute, not too long, not too short... just right.

Take your target one day event distance, divide by the number of days you intend to commute, then halve it.

So, Wicklow 200, 3 days a week, 33km each way.
    So, Wicklow 200, 5 days a week, 20km each way.

This is based on the handy rule of thumb that you can cycle in a day the distance you can commute in a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement