Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-08-2009, 21:08   #1
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Shaving.ie

I hope shaving.ie doesn't mind, I thought I;d start this thread for discussion of the site.

I;ve not ordered from them yet but a number of people have been very happy with the services provided by shaving.ie.

Anyway I thought I'd suggest some feedback and see what else anyone else might have as feedback.

My first suggestion is a simple one, we can create a/c's on shaving.ie but one simple thing that kind of annoys me is you don't appear to be easily able to log back into it without going through the checkout.

Any chance of putting a Login or My account link on the top right hand corner of the main page ala play.com, or perhaps just add it to the main menu?

Adding this my account option would allow people to easily log in and view wishlists etc, orders ec.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-08-2009, 18:39   #2
Spudzz

Have tried to order some stuff from this site "would like to support our own"but when I click on the product I require, all that comes up on the next page is the product information,and asking me for a review of that product.
Cannot seem to find the shopping cart on this site.
31-08-2009, 18:44   #3
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudzz View Post
Have tried to order some stuff from this site "would like to support our own"but when I click on the product I require, all that comes up on the next page is the product information,and asking me for a review of that product.
Cannot seem to find the shopping cart on this site.
Your right the add-to-cart option is not showing in either Firefox or IE for me
31-08-2009, 18:57   #4
Gran Hermano

I also thought it was a Firefox/IE problem when I went looking for a tub of TOBs avocado earlier and couldnt see the add to cart on any products, check the home page, looks like he's on his hols for a week.
01-09-2009, 00:13   #5
Tzetze

I was very impressed by the service from Chris at shaving.ie, he certainly knows how to treat his customers. I'm sure he'll welcome the constructive criticism.

As well as the points already made, I'd like to see Laser payments added to the site. It was already brought up in the safety razors thread, and is to be implemented in the future. Just hope it's sooner rather than later.
Advertisement
01-09-2009, 18:43   #6
bothyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzetze View Post
I was very impressed by the service from Chris at shaving.ie, he certainly knows how to treat his customers.
+1

I bought some blades from him last week. It was my first time ordering from this site, and it was a very positive experience.

He also informed me that he would have more stock by the end of September. Happy days!
01-09-2009, 18:50   #7
bothyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaal View Post
Your right the add-to-cart option is not showing in either Firefox or IE for me
I successfully ordered last week using Firefox. I'm guessing that Chris has switched off the order feature until he's back on the 12th. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but the flip-side is that if he didn't switch it off he'd be getting hounded every day by people wondering where their orders have gone to.
01-09-2009, 20:14   #8
Spudzz

Fair enough if he is on hols):,will give him an order when he comes back.
01-09-2009, 20:43   #9
Gran Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudzz View Post
Fair enough if he is on hols):,will give him an order when he comes back.
I doubt you'll be waiting long once Chris is back, I've placed two orders and both were next day delivery in Dublin.

Excellent service and I'll use again.
Advertisement
02-09-2009, 06:15   #10
Old'n'Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Hermano View Post
I doubt you'll be waiting long once Chris is back, I've placed two orders and both were next day delivery in Dublin.

Excellent service and I'll use again.
I'm in Dublin as well and I ordered at lunchtime and was shaving with my new razor on Tuesday evening, a very positive experience and I will be buying from him again
02-09-2009, 10:42   #11
Sean Quagmire

Another satisfied customer here. got all my kit yesterday and used a safety razor for the first time last night and it was excellent, really chuffed with it. got the multi razor pack too to try them all out.

I was using the parker 65r with a derby blade and it was ten times better than a mach 3. one thing perhaps someone can tell me, when I load the blade and twist the head, do i twist it tight or just enough? seems the tighter i turned the more the blade was pushed down. i had it tightend just a bit and it seemed fine, blade was a tiny bit flared.
03-09-2009, 07:35   #12
Amalgam

Send a message via MSN to Amalgam
Just a small niggle, if an item is not in stock or back-ordered, then that should replace the price in red, as a word, instead of a blank space where the price would be. Your eye doesn't always pick up on that, it's annoying.

Shaving.ie will get some business from me after their holidays!
Thanks from:
09-09-2009, 12:24   #13
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Still no add to cart option, he's still on holidays eh?
09-09-2009, 12:34   #14
Old'n'Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaal View Post
Still no add to cart option, he's still on holidays eh?
It says on the website he's off until the 12th......
09-09-2009, 13:09   #15
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old'n'Cranky View Post
It says on the website he's off until the 12th......
ah I see that now, least it says that now

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion