Tito"came to amends" with Dana, possible Franklin showdown at UFC 103 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-07-2009, 19:35   #1
JokerD

Tito"came to amends" with Dana, possible Franklin showdown at UFC 103

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/17/ufc-q...-in-fall-2009/

Well guys what you think of this? Good news I say
Advertisement
17-07-2009, 19:37   #2
callaway92

yes it is good news.

Rich by KO
17-07-2009, 19:39   #3
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
yes it is good news.

Rich by KO
Franklin has an underated ground game so it would be difficult for Tito to keep him down, therefore it could well be a stand up war and Rich is well used to that
17-07-2009, 20:15   #4
rovert

Since when what Tito says credible?

If true it is just a sign how desperate they are for UFC 103.
17-07-2009, 20:28   #5
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Since when what Tito says credible?

If true it is just a sign how desperate they are for UFC 103.
Well giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think if true it is a good move. He might not have been on top of his game in recent times but is still a big draw for the UFC. Chuck, Randy and Tito are UFC Legends and will always have massive interest in them despite their form and Tito is a master in hyping a fight, which generates PPV sales
Advertisement
17-07-2009, 20:37   #6
rovert

Looks like this maybe true after all as someone who works close to UFC gave a cheeky maybe to the question of is this true on another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Well giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think if true it is a good move. He might not have been on top of his game in recent times but is still a big draw for the UFC. Chuck, Randy and Tito are UFC Legends and will always have massive interest in them despite their form and Tito is a master in hyping a fight, which generates PPV sales
Tito is still business and UFC needs "new" faces right now. Dont know how that long lay off and that major back surgery. It is also another name taken away from the EA MMA game.
17-07-2009, 20:48   #7
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert View Post
Looks like this maybe true after all as someone who works close to UFC gave a cheeky maybe to the question of is this true on another forum.

Tito is still business and UFC needs "new" faces right now. Dont know how that long lay off and that major back surgery. It is also another name taken away from the EA MMA game.

Yea but nothing quite like testing the new faces against an established star, those fights pull in the viewers. Maybe a Jones v Tito fight would be a good match-up
17-07-2009, 22:53   #8
Red Sleeping Beauty
Subscriber

I'd like to see a Forrest Griffin rematch.
18-07-2009, 14:43   #9
Odats

Makes perfect business sense for both parties. From Ortiz's POV, albeit not as mega purse he would get by signing with Affliction, they aren't exactly long term material atleast $200K basic & share of PPV revenue & win bonus with UFC.Plus proving a point to media,Dana White etc that he's not past it. Also, he just had twins and Jenna isn't exactly taking c*ck up her a55 any more to earn a dime.

From UFC's POV Ortiz is a huge PPV draw still and would be a key cog in someone like Strikeforce getting greater exposure so getting him back is basically to tie him up from the competition. Also, what I see happening is the UFC putting on Vet vs Vet or Vet vs Up n Comer fights. As someone mentioned Jon Jones in the latter dept.

A fight I'd love to see would be Ortiz vs Wanderlai again despite Wandy going down to 185. Maybe down the line Ortiz vs loser of Rashad vs Rampage. So many possibilities and PPV draws with Ortiz back in the equation are solid.
Advertisement
18-07-2009, 15:26   #10
Fozzy

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....&postcount=257

I was talking about this year obviously

I've never doubted that he'd be back in the UFC at some stage. He needs the UFC and there is a lot more upside than downside in signing him, especially when he realises that they're the best deal for him
18-07-2009, 18:47   #11
Dragan

Fighting must be calmer than fatherhood.

It will be good to see him back, he's a mouthy guy but he comes to fight.

A rematch with Griffin would be nice to see, but i'd love to see him in with Wandy.
18-07-2009, 23:02   #12
Red Sleeping Beauty
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
A rematch with Griffin would be nice to see, but i'd love to see him in with Wandy.

I've only seen the Griffin/Ortiz fight the once but I was livid with that decision. I think that was on Bravo back when was it ?
19-07-2009, 00:27   #13
Pride Fighter

Mod: GAA
With his back healed his quick shoot should be back. Tito is a highly competent ground fighter, finishing third in Adu Dhabi. He learned Jiu Jitsu from Fabiano Iha, and he says he has black belt level jiu jitsu but does not really use it in MMA. I would not count Tito out of the LHW frame, he has a draw with Rashad, a win over Forrest and came the closest of anyone to beating Machida. All of those he acheived while having a bad back.
19-07-2009, 09:57   #14
Dragan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Fighter View Post
With his back healed his quick shoot should be back. Tito is a highly competent ground fighter, finishing third in Adu Dhabi. He learned Jiu Jitsu from Fabiano Iha, and he says he has black belt level jiu jitsu but does not really use it in MMA. I would not count Tito out of the LHW frame, he has a draw with Rashad, a win over Forrest and came the closest of anyone to beating Machida. All of those he acheived while having a bad back.
Hopefully, he's a great fighter although i am not too sure about his "black belt" JJ, or at the very least i don't think he could offer a reason most people would accept for not applying it in MMA?
19-07-2009, 14:24   #15
Nothingcompares
Banned

I'm sure his ground game is as good as Randy's and Randy is certainly black belt standard.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion