Well Taximus I don't believe that we can sole all the problems of the industry here, but here are some points worth considering.
1. No organisation with responsibility for Authorised Stands.
2. No organisation with responsibility for the proliferation of 'private' stands, e.g. Airport and Shopping Centres. Leading to exploitation of drivers.
3. No Authorised Stands supplied in some areas.
4. No mandatory training for the test.
5. No upskilling supplied for existing drivers (This does not necessarilyrequire a test, just a short assessment).
6. Industry not being integrated into the general Hospitality Industry.
7. No control over the Rental Industry.
8. Drivers flaunting rules - Includes all nationalities.
9. Drivers ignorant of their rights and the rights of passengers.
10. Drivers attitudes - Customers are our lifeblood and not a nuisance.
11. Drivers Cherry picking - Saying they don't know where places are (SHORT JOURNEYS)
12. Industry image very poor and is down to the people involved i.e. US
13. An awful lot of drivers of all nationalities need better people skills.
14. Looks like at present we as an idnustry are cash cows for the Regulator i.e. Not enough ranks and strict enforcement and fining for breaches - Look at the stats.
Hope this helps.