Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-05-2011, 11:16   #841
Daegerty
Banned
 
Daegerty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: An Teach Tábhairne
Posts: 1,825
Send a message via Skype™ to Daegerty
Twink.

I have no clue who the feck twink is I just want some thanks.
Daegerty is offline  
Advertisement
07-05-2011, 23:30   #842
magztar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 94
Nicola out of fair city..I know not that much of celebrity but she was some cow! I was only 13
magztar is offline  
(2) thanks from:
07-05-2011, 23:58   #843
MistyCheese
Registered User
 
MistyCheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Centre of Somewhere
Posts: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegerty View Post
Twink.

I have no clue who the feck twink is I just want some thanks.
Thanks.
MistyCheese is offline  
08-05-2011, 13:22   #844
The_Kew_Tour
Registered User
 
The_Kew_Tour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Be like a Russian Peasant in French Patisserie
Posts: 21,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by magztar View Post
Nicola out of fair city..I know not that much of celebrity but she was some cow! I was only 13
Should you not go to the Garda about it
The_Kew_Tour is offline  
Thanks from:
09-05-2011, 19:21   #845
EIREHotspur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 547
Robbie Keane was a kn0b when I met him briefly back in 06 outside WHL in London.....nothing I could not have predicted by watching his interaction with fans on TV all those years.
(BTW for Spurs fans only....Huddlestone & Shirt throwing Ghaly were gents)

My GF met Martin Sheen in the mid 90s in USA when he was making a movie where she worked and he sat and had lunch and chatted away for half an hour.....one of the greatest gents you will find....I dare anyone to find a bad post about him on the internet.
EIREHotspur is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-05-2011, 19:23   #846
mikemac
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 19,580

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIREHotspur View Post

My GF met Martin Sheen in the mid 90s in USA when he was making a movie where she worked and he sat and had lunch and chatted away for half an hour.....one of the greatest gents you will find....I dare anyone to find a bad post about him on the internet.
Oh I believe it
The man is a legend

He has Irish roots on his mothers side and came to Borrisokane in North Tipperary a few years ago for a visit.
Local schools welcomed him and he met lots of people. I met him in the local hotel where I worked
Complete gentleman and welcome back anytime
mikemac is offline  
(2) thanks from:
09-05-2011, 22:18   #847
thatsme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 43
Katherine Lynch aka Wagons Den is a right B**CH. Met her in the Clarendon last year was with a couple of mates and said "Oh theres singing Bernie Walsh" she just blanked us and went to the Ladies. Stupid F*T "Z" lister
thatsme is offline  
09-05-2011, 23:46   #848
EIREHotspur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelingstressed View Post
Oh I believe it
The man is a legend

He has Irish roots on his mothers side and came to Borrisokane in North Tipperary a few years ago for a visit.
Local schools welcomed him and he met lots of people. I met him in the local hotel where I worked
Complete gentleman and welcome back anytime
You know I seen that in The Midland Tribune.....his relation from Borrisokane took him down the town and joined him up at your local Credit Union...lol
Picture of him at the door.

He talks a lot about the town and he is very proud of his roots there and in Spain. Watch out for his film made in Tipp due out in the next year.

Gary Lineker is a kn0b too.....seen him in action in 89 when he came to Dublin for a friendly....snooty chap who fools a lot of people with his goody two shoes never been booked reputation.
He was on "They Think It's All Over" one night and Steve Collins was a guest and he remembered meeting Lineker too in earlier days and he wouldn't give him an autograph.

Just remembered Brenda Donahoe in her Ryanline Days....came into the local pub to do a spot and I Remember being amazed that she had no sound guy etc.....she came in with a bag on wheels and did her own Tech Setup.....did not strike me as very friendly.....a goin through the motions false kinda perky pretense.

Last edited by EIREHotspur; 09-05-2011 at 23:49.
EIREHotspur is offline  
Thanks from:
10-05-2011, 08:55   #849
Dub Ste
Registered User
 
Dub Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: dublin
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
I find it hard to believe. Lemmy is renowned for being one of the most approachable people around and will sit and chat, take a picture, have a pint with anyone who asks. I know loads of people who have met him and they cannot speak highly enough of the man.

One of lads I used to pal about with when I was younger,had a cousin who was in a band called Zodiac Mindwarp,and his cousin was good friends with Lemmy.

My mate was telling that his auntie told him that his cousin had come up from London to visit,and had brought his friend Ian with him.She said Ian was a lovely chap,a real gent,had lovely manners,although to look at him,she said,you wouldn't have thought so with his big greasy 'tache,the big warts on his face,and the SS helmet he was wearing ......god bless Ian"Lemmy" Kilminster..
Dub Ste is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-05-2011, 13:58   #850
Darko
Registered User
 
Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Galway
Posts: 14,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub Ste View Post
One of lads I used to pal about with when I was younger,had a cousin who was in a band called Zodiac Mindwarp,and his cousin was good friends with Lemmy.

My mate was telling that his auntie told him that his cousin had come up from London to visit,and had brought his friend Ian with him.She said Ian was a lovely chap,a real gent,had lovely manners,although to look at him,she said,you wouldn't have thought so with his big greasy 'tache,the big warts on his face,and the SS helmet he was wearing ......god bless Ian"Lemmy" Kilminster..
I think a lot of people see the Nazi gear Lemmy collects and jumps to conclusions. The man himself has said that if the Brits or Americans made the most stylish uniforms then those are what he would collect. It has nothing to do with the man being a Nazi but rather like many of us he recognises that as bad as they were at least the did it with style.
Darko is online now  
Thanks from:
13-05-2011, 16:58   #851
Dub Ste
Registered User
 
Dub Ste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: dublin
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
I think a lot of people see the Nazi gear Lemmy collects and jumps to conclusions. The man himself has said that if the Brits or Americans made the most stylish uniforms then those are what he would collect. It has nothing to do with the man being a Nazi but rather like many of us he recognises that as bad as they were at least the did it with style.
Hi Darko,

Didn't mean to imply she thought he was a nazi,she just thought it was strange,he was sat there in her front room,drinking tea out of her best china,he was the perfect gent,it's just he was wearing the SS helmet,she thought he was lovely.
Dub Ste is offline  
Thanks from:
13-05-2011, 20:25   #852
jill_valentine
Registered User
 
jill_valentine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,590
"Do you not have anything form the Allied side Father?"

"Ah no Ted, that type of thing wouldn't interest me at all"
jill_valentine is offline  
13-05-2011, 20:26   #853
barone
Closed Account
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,235
alex higgins... absolute asshole
barone is offline  
Thanks from:
13-05-2011, 21:08   #854
holly8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by barone View Post
alex higgins... absolute asshole
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
holly8 is offline  
13-05-2011, 21:10   #855
LC_x
Registered User
 
LC_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Next door
Posts: 44
Santa claus
Cheap fecker never gives me what i want
LC_x is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet