Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

:D:D:D:D

It's time for me to reveal my identity as the inventor of the alstrong aerator. I'm passing this over to my legal team sharpshooter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Sharpshooter82

It's time for me to reveal my identity as the inventor of the alstrong aerator. I'm passing this over to my legal team sharpshooter ;)
    well your lucky that i changed the design JUST enough to avoid that but im on the look out for another company tho :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

if it works out you ll see plenty and if it dont im denying everything :P

You're on the hook now, with photos in existence!

jersey101 wrote: »
    how much will you make this for? 800e
    current estimates....... yeah about 800 at the most. most of the steel for the frame was lying about the yard so i got a clean up done at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭Figerty

I know the maker of the Alstrong aerator.. I think they got the idea from somewhere else:rolleyes:. I wouldn't say there will be a copyright issue! He is one sound lad. His main market is export... With the ground we have in Clare Vander, he won't sell too many of them west of the Shannon

• Advertisement

You're on the hook now, with photos in existence!
    ill just claim my account was hacked ;)

Figerty wrote: »
    I know the maker of the Alstrong aerator.. I think they got the idea from somewhere else:rolleyes:. I wouldn't say there will be a copyright issue! He is one sound lad. His main market is export... With the ground we have in Clare Vander, he won't sell too many of them west of the Shannon
    like all inventions the idea is a slight twist of another idea plus he would have to find me first

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

With the ground we have in Clare Vander, he won't sell too many of them west of the Shannon

You should see the field on the brochure for the Alstrong, somehow doubt it's this side of the Shannon alright :P

jersey101 wrote: »
    how much will you make this for? 800e
    Ya, but the ESB meter won't slow down for a week after the welding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

On the subject of general guntering, its well worth harvesting the coil springs out of any old sofa you are dumping or burning. Very handy for all kinds of little projects. Kids trampolines have great springs for el fence handles etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Welcome to the family ;)

ya a hovercraft might be more useful..jebus ground conditions have deteriorated fierce quick, looks like today will make sh1t of the place altogether..i think i have some dry cows that will have to go indoors soon, still its been a great old year

On the subject of general guntering, its well worth harvesting the coil springs out of any old sofa you are dumping or burning. Very handy for all kinds of little projects. Kids trampolines have great springs for el fence handles etc

you are as bad as your man from grand designs making his little forest hut or his new beach shack out of bits and pieces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

:D
    That Kevin McCloud is such a misery guts. Always moaning because people wont employ architects and engineers. Always manages to be surprised when the house is completed!

That Kevin McCloud is such a misery guts. Always moaning because people wont employ architects and engineers. Always manages to be surprised when the house is completed!

ya its a good show but he is an annoying twat alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

ya a hovercraft might be more useful..jebus ground conditions have deteriorated fierce quick, looks like today will make sh1t of the place altogether..i think i have some dry cows that will have to go indoors soon, still its been a great old year

Ground conditions have probably deteriorated because you havent used an aerator. Pm sharpshooter for a demo machine ;-)

td5man wrote: »
    Ground conditions have probably deteriorated because you havent used an aerator. Pm sharpshooter for a demo machine ;-)

im open to the idea if he is willing to leave it "parked" in the field for the next5 mths ;)

Just to clarify I ain't ever building another....too much time required, but td5 I like the way ya think ;)

Just to clarify I ain't ever building another....too much time required, but td5 I like the way ya think ;)

Built a postdriver here, took 3 years :-)

I think this started around April so ain't too bad I suppose

• Advertisement

im open to the idea if he is willing to leave it "parked" in the field for the next5 mths ;)

Once it doesn't sink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

and probably cost 1500 in material

new identical post driver probably for sale @ 1800:D

Its a great feeling saving €300

In fairness bob nice working something ya built yourself

The same one as the one i made was around 2k when i started making mine.
    By the time i was finished there was plenty of s/hand ones for1k.
    It cost 6-700 to make mine. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

In fairness bob nice working something ya built yourself

I know the feeling, built one of our first sheds here myself, ever since then I said why bother and get a contractor to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

There are so many contractors out there for every job it is hard to justify buying any equipment! Less equipment also = only need a smaller tractor...

Definitely a no-brainer for lads with off-farm income due to the tax right off and scarce time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

just do it wrote: »

Definitely a no-brainer for lads with off-farm income due to the tax right off and scarce time.

The other side of that is the tax write off for your own machinery. Personally, the ability to be able to do certain jobs like slurry, the day I want to do it (even if its a sunday) and the way I want to do it far outweighs the benefits of getting in a contractor who's only interest is getting the tank empty regardless of the damage he does to ground with his big machines, and regardless of the amount that he has to spread in each field just to get it empty.

I'm a fan of more rounded solutions than one track "no brainers" - rather than a 1 solution fits all, there are several solutions out there that fit the different ways that different people farm.

Jaysus Vander,,, we had no spring this year. Cattle in until mid May. Meat wagons collecting fallen animals etc.

Last Five months were great, before that was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

fooking architects, who needs them

• Advertisement

hugo29 wrote: »
    fooking architects, who needs them
    Back of a fag packet would do me. :p

Advertisement