Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
17-06-2009, 22:43   #31
Redsoxfan
Registered User
 
Redsoxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeance52 View Post
Thats prob why i got such a terrible price, plus the advert did have "Sale Price" attached to it. http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Ro...t?channel=CARS

Yup im in a terrible place when it comes to servicing, as even though the local mechanics are good at what they do, it takes a bit more attention when it comes to alfas, from what ive read.
There is a guy based in Wexford who will travel to service your car and works weekends-but he's not a professional at this stage (as far as I know), but he knows his ARs.

While AR certainly need more attention than most other marques, I'm not sure that they need specialist attention at all times/services.
Redsoxfan is offline  
Advertisement
17-06-2009, 22:45   #32
vengeance52
Registered User
 
vengeance52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,520
Well i have spotted another GT, but its not exactly the spec i want, its still nice.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Ro...t?channel=CARS
vengeance52 is offline  
17-06-2009, 22:49   #33
Redsoxfan
Registered User
 
Redsoxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeance52 View Post
Well i have spotted another GT, but its not exactly the spec i want, its still nice.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Ro...t?channel=CARS
That's been for sale for ages and I wouldn't have those wheels on the GT.

It does have the BOSE stereo, parking sensors and is the right colour though!
Redsoxfan is offline  
17-06-2009, 22:55   #34
vengeance52
Registered User
 
vengeance52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfan View Post
That's been for sale for ages and I wouldn't have those wheels on the GT.

It does have the BOSE stereo, parking sensors and is the right colour though!
It was the wheels that were putting me off. I would like the tan leather and white dials too.
vengeance52 is offline  
17-06-2009, 23:01   #35
Redsoxfan
Registered User
 
Redsoxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 2,026
I have the tan leather-it does look pretty good alright (but will be harder to keep clean).

You could get a set of GT alloys 17s or 18s for around €500 used. There's also replicas and what are said to be real OEMs available on e-bay.it for a bit more.
Redsoxfan is offline  
Advertisement
17-06-2009, 23:34   #36
bazz26
Registered User
 
bazz26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Co. Limerick
Posts: 23,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfan View Post
That's been for sale for ages and I wouldn't have those wheels on the GT.

It does have the BOSE stereo, parking sensors and is the right colour though!
It's for sale for so long because it's overpriced. €15K for a 5 year old one is crazy when you can have a 1 year old for €20k.
bazz26 is offline  
18-06-2009, 09:23   #37
comanche
Registered User
 
comanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeance52 View Post
Well i have spotted another GT, but its not exactly the spec i want, its still nice.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Alfa-Ro...t?channel=CARS
I test drove that one and felt that a few things just didn't add up, was tyre kicking at the time so didn't delve in too deep. Have a look by all means but make sure to be careful...
comanche is offline  
18-06-2009, 11:45   #38
Redsoxfan
Registered User
 
Redsoxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by comanche View Post
I test drove that one and felt that a few things just didn't add up, was tyre kicking at the time so didn't delve in too deep. Have a look by all means but make sure to be careful...
I haven't driven the car, or indeed seen it anywhere other than online, but there appear to be a few odd issues with it alright.
Redsoxfan is offline  
18-06-2009, 23:05   #39
vengeance52
Registered User
 
vengeance52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfan View Post
I haven't driven the car, or indeed seen it anywhere other than online, but there appear to be a few odd issues with it alright.
care to list the issues
vengeance52 is offline  
Advertisement
20-06-2009, 20:15   #40
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,757
vengeance52, not sure if you're interested but I will be putting my GT up for sale soon. Its the 1.9JTDm, 2007 Monza spec. Its ciarsd's ex diesel GT that he was saying he used to own. I had it for sale a while back but took it off due to family bereavement.

I need to look around at what they are going for at the moment but if you want to take a look at my old ad, here's a link to it. I'll be updating it shortly with the new asking price/mileage, etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=74818

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here. Drop me a PM if you think you might be interested.
Lex Luthor is offline  
20-06-2009, 22:14   #41
vengeance52
Registered User
 
vengeance52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
vengeance52, not sure if you're interested but I will be putting my GT up for sale soon. Its the 1.9JTDm, 2007 Monza spec. Its ciarsd's ex diesel GT that he was saying he used to own. I had it for sale a while back but took it off due to family bereavement.

I need to look around at what they are going for at the moment but if you want to take a look at my old ad, here's a link to it. I'll be updating it shortly with the new asking price/mileage, etc.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=74818

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here. Drop me a PM if you think you might be interested.
Oh i saw that ad before and kept an eye on it, and i love the pic of the alfa badge. may just make that the background pic on my phone

That is a tasty car, only downside is i was hoping to trade in, cos trying to sell at the mo takes agessssss.
vengeance52 is offline  
21-06-2009, 07:31   #42
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,757
have you an ad for your Accord? I know a guy in work looking for one around '05 territory.
Lex Luthor is offline  
21-06-2009, 13:59   #43
Redsoxfan
Registered User
 
Redsoxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Maynooth
Posts: 2,026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post

Ciarsd and Redsoxfan will vouch for the car on here.
For sure I will!
Redsoxfan is offline  
21-06-2009, 16:27   #44
vengeance52
Registered User
 
vengeance52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
have you an ad for your Accord? I know a guy in work looking for one around '05 territory.
No ad at the moment, as I was planning to trade in, so saw no need for it. So when you get your ad updated I can see whats what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfan View Post
For sure I will!
haha ill hold you to that.
vengeance52 is offline  
21-06-2009, 17:42   #45
Lex Luthor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeance52 View Post
No ad at the moment, as I was planning to trade in, so saw no need for it. So when you get your ad updated I can see whats what
PM me the details anyway and I'll pass them on to him. If we get yours sold its one less car to trade on here
Lex Luthor is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet