Ryanair - Cabin Baggage Allowance - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-06-2009, 15:06   #1
abbey2000

Ryanair - Cabin Baggage Allowance

Hi,

Ryan Air cabin allowance is currently 55cmxx40cmxx20cm..... Does anyone know where I can buy a bag fitting these dimensions that does not weigh to much?

Just back from a flight and had they were checking the bag sizes, all boarding passengers had to fit their bags into the measuring thing they use. Had a struggle to get my current hand luggage in, and an even bigger one getting it out! I just made it, but life would be easier if I had the right bag.
Anyone know where to get one?

thanks
Advertisement
15-06-2009, 15:14   #2
ronaneire

Send a message via Skype™ to ronaneire
I noticed this too, what are they going to do if your bag won't fit in? As they only check as you leave to board the plane. I can't see them sending you back.
But in fairness about time too, I have seen ppl board with rucksacks and suitcases when it's meant to be "hand luggage".
15-06-2009, 15:23   #3
abbey2000

if your bag does not fit in, you have to pay to bring it on board. same if its overweight. i agree lots of people bring huge bags and took the p1ss. mine just fitted, and i was under the 10kg weight allowance.

i spent more time worrying about weight than the dimensions, as usually im just weighed. i really want the right sized bag as im heading to london with ryan air later this year, and also amsterdam. life will just be easier.
15-06-2009, 15:26   #4
irish_goat

I've always carried a bag about this size which would never actually fit in the thing they use to check the measurements but I still get on no questions asked.

15-06-2009, 15:30   #5
domcq

I have one of these: http://www.click4luggage.co.uk/acata...nd_Duffle.html

A bit pricey, but if you take alot of short haul flights, it's money well spent. Delivered mine to the UK and saved on postage costs.
Advertisement
15-06-2009, 19:05   #6
Cruisy

Great hand luggage bag

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RECEPT%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RECEPT%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]I found a great bag in the States, looks a bit like this one:

http://www.packinglight.net/plight/p...G&dept_id=3071

made by Columbia. One of the few carry on bags that doesnt have the wheels, but has back pack style straps instead, much lighter I think..

S
17-06-2009, 08:49   #7
JayeL

Went to Stansted recently with a new Argos trolley suitcase, it's pretty much exactly Ryanair's dimensions and was a mere 16.79. Its product no. is 286/1962.

Two zip sections on the front for sticking documents in and fits perfectly into Ryanair's own cabin baggage frame things.

What's even better is that it's quite light; just under 2kg, leaving 8kg for your stuff. Stansted's own security weighed it as they were turning away loads of cabin bags, it was 9.65kg even with four changes of clothes, runners, 2 DVD boxsets and some magazines.

Only downside is that it's not too balanced, so it'll fall over easily if you don't keep a good hold of it!
17-06-2009, 08:54   #8
Shzm

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_goat View Post
I've always carried a bag about this size which would never actually fit in the thing they use to check the measurements but I still get on no questions asked.

Yep me too. Thing is because it's soft it'll squash in to the measuring thingys they use no problem, and you still get a decent load of stuff in.
17-06-2009, 09:56   #9
Cruisy

Am worried now after that stansted post, i'm over and back a lot and always have slightly over 10kg ...rebel that I am. Better watch it, thanks for the warning...
Advertisement
17-06-2009, 11:46   #10
clint_silver

Quote:
Went to Stansted recently with a new Argos trolley suitcase, it's pretty much exactly Ryanair's dimensions and was a mere 16.79. Its product no. is 286/1962.
Thanks for that, will pick up those.

Flying with them next week and got this yest.

=======================================
Please note the following important information regarding cabin baggage:

• Strictly one item of cabin baggage is permitted per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (your handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage).

Click here for further information

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....ggageallowance

• IMPORTANT - If you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of cabin baggage or if the item exceeds the maximum permitted dimensions or weight, we reserve the right to either refuse carriage of the item or where available airport staff may charge a fee of Euro30/GBP 30 to check the bag into the hold of the aircraft. If you are unsure if your cabin bag complies with our maximum permitted cabin bag weight and dimensions, please check with the staff at the Bag Drop Desk, before going through security.

• Cabin baggage must contain no prohibited items – click below for details

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs....rohibiteditems
17-06-2009, 17:01   #11
M5

I was on a flight from Poland last week where most of the people had carry on luggage and the flight was booked out. There was not enough room in the luggage compartments to hold everyones luggage despite the Nazi esque attitude by the terminal staff on luggage size etc. Several people had to sit with luggage at their feet. In the event of an accident there would have been chaos as the people who could not stow their luggage were predominantly on the aisle seats. How the hell someone in the window seats was supposed to clamber over the baggage is beyond me. I think we will see more and more of this with ryanairs policies to get us to only bring cabin baggage. Seriously though, can you imagine sitting for 3 hours with a bag at your feet?
17-06-2009, 17:04   #12
Slunk

Im flying with ryaniar to germany soon. Just wondering would I be able to carry on a tent or need to check it in. Is it worth risking with the stakes for holding the tent down?
17-06-2009, 17:09   #13
M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
Im flying with ryaniar to germany soon. Just wondering would I be able to carry on a tent or need to check it in. Is it worth risking with the stakes for holding the tent down?
you'll def have to check that in
17-06-2009, 17:12   #14
clint_silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 View Post
you'll def have to check that in
agreed. no chance of getting that on.
17-06-2009, 17:15   #15
Slunk

OK, also is it much hassle now to check a bag with ryaniar now they have no desks?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion