Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current Weather Conditions - June 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

We have had heavy downpours,hail,thunder and lighting in Galway city
    In the past half hour lovely Irish summer
    Weather:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

sitting in the garden after eating a bbq about 50kms north of you in mayo!! lovely warm 20c here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Middling to decent sort of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Watching the CBs roll in and fire up...lot of lightning in the midlands the last hour and it's still building. Hopefully some headed my way.
    Overcast now in Dundalk after a sunny, close day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Nice bit of rain falling here, no thunder or lightning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Thunder and lightning here again, and earlier on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Lots of cg lightning in Trim today. Hope we see alot more sparks going over the summer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭highdef

Lots of cg lightning in Trim today. Hope we see alot more sparks going over the summer :D

I saw the edge of that storm that you got this evening - I was in Iveagh Gardens and saw the top of the storm at around 8pm or a little before....looking excellent for the next few days. I think I'll be going storm chasing around the country tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Aye, looking like tomorrow will be a great day for it. Sure if your in Trim or up this way call in. I don't start work till 6...for a change:D

Downpour here on the wicklow/wexford border at the moment.

Rain rate a shocking 80.8mm/hr :eek:

• Advertisement

Had a downpour earlier but still in bed at the time so dunno how bad it was, the air is nice and "clean" right now under a bright sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

some nice big dark clouds passing ne of stamullen, meath at the moment. someone is getting a drenching :D

feck, just as I'm typing this a massive rumble went off :eek:

cape looking good for next 12hrs according to http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten/fsavneur.html :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

weee right overhead now. couple of flashes in the clouds and rumbles a couple of seconds later. there goes the gardening, flooded already

Not too shabby at all in Drumcondra, not a clear sky by any means but still plenty of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

any one have a like to that website that has a graph to show where lighting strikes..

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I think I just heard a rumble of thunder. - Kilkenny based.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Skies have opened up in Stillorgan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

afatbollix wrote: »
    any one have a like to that website that has a graph to show where lighting strikes..

cheers

try here http://www.irlweather.com/wxStormVue.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Max of 21.9; mostly sunny, no rain; cycled to family fun day cycle in Phoenix Park and got sunburned!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Heavy cloud wind SE 4-5 we had a heavy shower in the last hour (first one in 3 days).In bantry

• Advertisement

Very black thundery sky approaching from the west.
    Downpour imminent.

Warm, humid and showery earlier, skies have cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Just had a shower here near the city centre; first rain I've seen since Friday morning!

Thunder can be heard here booming from a storm just north of Arklow at the moment.
    Looking at the cell from outside,it's about 8 to 10 miles away ...yet you can hear the thunder quite well from here.
    It must be deafening underneath it.

Louder now.
    Storm is approaching.

That was a classic .
    Heard well more than 20 bangs-Just lost count.
    It was a very slow moving storm and from what I could see only about 15 miles wide or so with an awfull lot of lightning.
    It's headed down into North wexford below Gorey somewhere now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Flat clam now sun just silpping behind the hills on the bera [FONT=&quot]Peninsula[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

One heavy shower in Galway city around 15:00, cleared up, been an absolutely cracking evening since. Circa 19 degrees, sunny.

Summer.

• Advertisement

Very heavy rain now just checked www.met.ie rainfal radar, going to be a wet night-back to normal so!!

Advertisement