Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Current Weather Conditions - June 2009

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

26C, hazy sun, beauifull day, why cant it stay it like this till october:)

the temperature is just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

irish life wrote: »
    I'd rather know what temperature it is in the sun tbh.

several billion degrees I'd say...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Something dodgy there demakinz!

22.3c here now.

The ground is still too wet for temps to go over 27c I'd say - need a prolonged dry spell for higher temps.

Got to 31c here in July '06 but that was after a month with no rain.

Is this correct? Anyhow, 27.1c here in Mayo at present and yesterday Clairemorris was hottest area in Ireland with a offical temp of 27, so my 28.2c yesterday was not far off (Considering my weather station is in a back yard that is shelted from any breeze)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

snaps wrote: »
    Is this correct?

Sort of - I'm not saying that it scientifically can't go over 27c. I'm just saying that if we had had a dry spell for a couple of weeks prior to this, we could, in these conditions, be looking at temps up to 30c

BTW, just hit 27.0c in my back garden (like with snaps in the shade and out of the breeze) atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

give me clouds anyday. sick of applying factor 50 to all the kids every 3 -4 hours to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

STFU! :D

Even I who does not enjoy heat is quite liking this weather, a bit of an afternoon breeze has developed.

I understand that one station, (Clariemorris?) set a temp higher than any reached last year yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

clarie morris stfuy:P

• give me clouds anyday. sick of applying factor 50 to all the kids every 3 -4 hours to be honest.
    Theres a large line of cb's over the wicklow mountains at the moment.I can see them from here.
    They look beautifull in the otherwise blue sky.
    I'm not sure if the athmosphere is unstable enough to spark a shower from them but It's almost there from the look of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Dramatic clouds over the Blue Stacks and a pleasant breeze now. But so hot...

Im just outside clairemorris, peaked at 28.7c in my back garden around 4 in the shade & no breeze whats so ever. Ive actually never known it so still here in the west?

• Advertisement

• snaps wrote: »
    Is this correct? Anyhow, 27.1c here in Mayo at present and yesterday Clairemorris was hottest area in Ireland with a offical temp of 27, so my 28.2c yesterday was not far off (Considering my weather station is in a back yard that is shelted from any breeze)
    A yard can be a bit of a heat island masking the actual ambient temperature outside of that yard.
    I've one here and I'll bet the temp in it is close to or above 30c [you'd fry an egg on the concrete].
    Yet my shielded AWS is reading 20.7c now out in a field and maxed at only 21c in the sea breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

28C reached officially, at Claremorris. 27 at Shannon, 26 at a number of other inland stations. Nice. It will take a pretty decent spell of weather to top this in the remaining 3 months or so of 'summer'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

We have a similar situation here. Enclosed and no wind.

The water remaining in the hose pipe was hot, not just warm.

A yard can be a bit of a heat island masking the actual ambient temperature outside of that yard.
    I've one here and I'll bet the temp in it is close to or above 30c [you'd fry an egg on the concrete].
    Yet my shielded AWS is reading 20.7c now out in a field and maxed at only 21c in the sea breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

27.2c here at the minute, cloud starting to roll in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Max of 24.2°C here which makes it the warmest day in the last three years here :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Some impressive 7pm temperatures!

27c in Birr
    26c in Limerick

23c in Dublin

Its like being on holiday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

snaps wrote: »

Where did you get that from? The high at Claremorris yesterday was 25.8c:
    http://www.met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp which was also the highest recorded in Ireland yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I saw 31.5 on my way in to work this afternoon, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Timistry

DarkJager wrote: »
    I saw 31.5 on my way in to work this afternoon, Limerick.

In the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

27.7c was recorded here today. 27.5 at Birr and 27.5 at Claremorris.

• Advertisement

There's no end to the heat, 18.9c now, blankets off the bed tonight.

• Beautifull sunny morning again [south wicklow]

already 16.4c [min was 12.8c]

dew 12.2c RH 77%

Calm
    pressure 1022.6 steady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The cumulative effect continues to take effect, warmer than same time yesterday which was warmer than same point the previous day.

another great day, 21.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

Another great day here in Cavan. I am getting very used to waking up to blue skies. If only the next couple of months could be like this. Everybody is in a great mood.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

much cooler today and totally cloudy, 18C

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

24C and clear skies in North Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Would any of u climatologists be able to give me a heads up as to what weather will be like in Slane weekend of 19/20th June??????

Muchas Grassyass :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

not as warm as yesterday around the country. i can't see any place reaching 27 degrees today. currently it's 23.6c here.

• Advertisement

yeah much cooler here today in mayo, 23.9c now with a nice breeze. To be honest much more comfatable to be out in.

Advertisement