Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-09-2011, 22:14   #151
Tippex

Send a message via MSN to Tippex Send a message via Yahoo to Tippex
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy06 View Post
Yesterdays Sunday World was not the best advert for the town!
missed that don;t suppose there is any chance of getting the article posted?
Advertisement
20-09-2011, 22:17   #152
LEIN

Send a message via Skype™ to LEIN
It might be online?
21-09-2011, 14:04   #153
foxy06

I couldn't find it online on sunday so I had to buy the paper. Might try scanning it but may not turn out great
22-09-2011, 14:18   #154
Imhof Tank

Dont know about the Sunday World but the Bray People last week had a front page story on 14 bullets from a MACH10 submachine gun being sprayed into a local house.

Bray is every bit as bad as its rep. Whats the difference between that shooting incident and what goes on in Moyross and Southill etc?
22-09-2011, 14:28   #155
gizmo555

Nobody said it better than Stepaside and the late lamented Paul Ashford as far back as 1979 - nothing much has changed in the last 32 years - "catch a 45 to the last resort . . ."

Advertisement
22-09-2011, 14:47   #156
Imhof Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo555 View Post
Nobody said it better than Stepaside and the late lamented Paul Ashford as far back as 1979 - nothing much has changed in the last 32 years - "catch a 45 to the last resort . . ."

1979 was the year I started secondary school in Bray and I can tell you this -we didnt have drive by shootings back then. Plenty has changed and not in a good way.
30-11-2011, 01:00   #157
insomniac86

I love most of the ideas on here but what with the recession at the moment I can't see anything improving in this town for a long time. I think the Bray Town Centre and the Luas Station could of been our saving grace but unfortunately they've been scrapped. It's a real shame cause I love this town and it might not have been perfect growing up in the 90s but I think it was in better shape than it is now.
30-11-2011, 14:37   #158
Ophiopogon
Closed Account

I actually am glad the town centre was never built. I don't think Bray is big enough to have a shopping centre like that.

They should just concentrate on the existing shops and structures IMO.
18-03-2012, 12:59   #159
Judgement Day

Bray wasn't always a kip.

Not sure how happy I would have been living there if the Sugar Loaf was a all dominating as this artist has portrayed it.
Advertisement
18-03-2012, 17:47   #160
Bubblefett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement Day View Post
Not sure how happy I would have been living there if the Sugar Loaf was a all dominating as this artist has portrayed it.
Certainly does have a Mount Doom feel to it
Thanks from:
20-03-2012, 01:39   #161
Cianos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophiopogon View Post
I actually am glad the town centre was never built. I don't think Bray is big enough to have a shopping centre like that.

They should just concentrate on the existing shops and structures IMO.
You could have said the same for Dundrum. Bray is not a shopping destination. People go out to Dundrum from Bray, because of the lack of choice there is in Bray. If there was a shopping centre with a number of big name stores, Penney's, H&M, M&S, Dixons etc, combined with decent parking, Bray would become a destination for many. Or at least, there'd be more of an incentive for the locals to remain in the town rather than trek out in to the city centre or Dundrum.
Thanks from:
20-03-2012, 01:44   #162
insomniac86

That's exactly what I thought when I posted about being disappointed that the Town Centre wasn't being built. Dundrum isn't really a big town but it really took off as soon as the shopping centre was built. I figured it would of been the same for Bray too, and handy for alot of East Coast commuters that use the Dart. Instead of having to get the Bus or Dart in order to get the Luas to Dundrum if you don't have a car. Very expensive.
20-03-2012, 01:53   #163
Cianos

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac86 View Post
That's exactly what I thought when I posted about being disappointed that the Town Centre wasn't being built. Dundrum isn't really a big town but it really took off as soon as the shopping centre was built. I figured it would of been the same for Bray too, and handy for alot of East Coast commuters that use the Dart. Instead of having to get the Bus or Dart in order to get the Luas to Dundrum if you don't have a car. Very expensive.
While I think its position in the town would have meant a lot of hassle for drivers to reach, it would have been a good spot to encourage locals to remain in the town to do a lot of their shopping. I'd say the amount of money Bray residents are spending in Dundrum is unreal.
20-03-2012, 07:48   #164
Joeytheparrot

But look at the effect Dundrum town centre is having on the original village and shops there - completely killing off the village off - sorry but the "church" of dundrum is not some amazing thing that has been all positive. And it now causes floods too - that sounds a little familiar. Bray needs improvement but the last we need is something like dundrum which would kill off the rest of our town.
Thanks from:
20-03-2012, 10:02   #165
Judgement Day

Any chance we could rename the thread to something a bit more positive?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion