Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ringcommon Wanderers FC Senior Womens players needed! (balbriggan/skerries)

Options
  • 14-04-2009 3:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Our soccer club, Ringcommon Wanderers FC senior womens team are looking for players to join us now for the 2009 summer league.

We are in the Dublin Womens Soccer League (DWSL) playing from May - September.

We are currently training on Wednesday and Friday nights in Ringcommons at 715 and would welcome all new players.

If you are interested you can PM me or post here and I will PM contact details to you.

Please pass this on to any of your friends/family etc who may be interested, especially if in the balbriggan or skerries areas.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Just an update on this,

Our season starts on monday next with a home match in Ringcommons,

we are still looking for players and still will be even when the season gets under way...

please please please if you know of any women players looking for a team in balbriggan/skerries/stamullen areas let them know about this post.

thanks

Hi all,

This is my second update, our summer league is drawing to a close and to be honest we've struggled to find players, but happily boards provided 2 new players this year.

In an effort to further boost our numbers Im again looking for players (preferrable with some experience) for the winter league.

We are training in Ringcommons 715pm each wednesday night.

We are looking again to Balbriggan, Stamullen, Skerries and now Lusk as well as i believe they had a womens team which is now gone, if you are in any of those areas or know someone there looking to play for a local team, please pass them on this page or better yet, PM me for more details!

Appreciate all the boardsies help but we really really need more players!

Anybody out there interested in playing soccer in the DWSL Summer League 2010?

Ringcommon Wanderers Ladies Team are looking for new players, we are based just outside balbriggan, off the M1 motorway. For our location see http://www.rcwfc.ie/map.htm

We currently have players from Dublin, Drogheda, Balbriggan, Skerries, Naul, Ringcommons and Stamullen areas and if you are from these areas and looking to join a team, then please consider us!

We're looking for players for all positions but especially a goalkeeper. We've a good team and good facilities - we just need a few more players to make our squad stronger. We train in the Ringcommons on Wednesdays and if numbers improve will go a second night per week too.

We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're interested, please PM me today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rocky Beag

hi i'm ex soccer player looking to get back into, used to play years ago, while it feels like yrs ago :-), currently very unfit and just had a baby six months ago so piled on the pounds!! was wondering if i could train with you guys not sure if i be good enough to play the games but loved to train and help out with numbers...let me know what you think and past on my details???

Hi RockyBeag,

You are more than welcome to come up to us.

We are not training tomorrow night for obvious reasons but will be back training on wed night next week at 715.

If you can send me a private message I can answer any questions you may have?

Hope to hear from you soon, and as this has now bumped my thread :) look out for posters going up this week around balbriggan, naul, skerries, lusk and stamullen about our team. We are looking for more players so if anyone out there is interested, just come out for a training session and see for yourself what we have to offer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 username1992

hi im just wondering if there is anything available for 17 year olds as me and my friend are interested in starting soccer as we enjoy it and want to get fit! im living in rush and shes in balbriggan so somewhere near there would be handy! thanks

Womens senior football is not like mens, we can take players from the age of 15 upwards!

We'd be happy to have you come down to us. we are training tonight at 715 and every wednesday if you guys are interested? let me know if you need more information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 username1992

yea sounds good were definatley interested! Just wondering where it is? Thanks

Hi,

You will find us out in the ringcommons sports centre.

we are on google maps on the club website(this is still being built so ignore the crap pages!) http://www.rcwfc.ie/map.htm

If you are coming from Rush you need to go through lusk, then take the lusk skerries road, then turn off for Ardgillan Park, then head to Balrothery village and out onto the old N1 (the old dublin balbriggan road), turn left on this and head away from balbriggan.

(the following instructions are the same if you are coming from Balbriggan except you stay on the old dublin road and go straight past Balrothery)

Once you leave balrothery keep going about 1 mile until you come to the next right turn (its at a cross roads).

Turn right and follow this road around to the left and you'll go up onto a bridge that goes over the motorway. The ringcommons is the second entrance on your left after the bridge.

pull into the car park and drive up to the club house and left towards the pitches and floodlights.

If you need anymore info or even to organise lifts if necessary, give me a shout and ill send you on my contact details.
    We're putting posters up at the minute, theres one in the convent and one in supervalu so if you know more players, get them out to us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Clevedon

Hi - I have a womans soccer team coming across from North America looking for a game this August. Would you be interested?

• Advertisement

Just a quick note to anyone who has been interested in coming wup to train with us tonight, we had to cancel training this week due to the bad weather, the training grounds are flooded. We couldnt get our hands on an indoor location on short notice. Hope to see you there next wednesday night at 715. Morph

As part of the wanderers womens football team recruitment drive, we have been putting posters up in your local area, please keep an eye out for them
    in

Skerries:
    Jerrys Supermarket - post office area
    Super value - front doors
    Community Centre - notice board on stair case
    Small local shop on Thomas Hand Street

Balbriggan:
    The Coffee Pot
    Spar up near harvest
    Supervalu noticeboard

Balrothery:
    The Village Shop

Stamullen
    Centra
    Chinese takeaway

Ringcommons Sports Centre:
    Clubhouse Bar

There will be more going up over next week so keep an eye out and spread the word, we will be targeting lusk and skerries especially as we know there's no senior womens teams there at the minute.

Training wed night 715, thanks for the support.

Advertisement