Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2009, 20:49   #16
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel222 View Post
i'd say it depends what screen room you're in but overall it's nice enough
thanks.
Advertisement
26-03-2009, 22:57   #17
Mikey23

Bit disappointed with the Eye to have special 3D prices - a €2.25 premium over than regular films! I'm with Mark Kermode on the "will 3D save the movie industry thing": it's grand and all, but hardly a revolution.

On the plus side, I suppose, it's better than the sly method some cinemas in England employed of advertising the same prices but charging a non-refundable deposit for 3D glasses!
27-03-2009, 19:20   #18
bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spon Farmer View Post
I e-mailed Cineworld.

"no plans at this time"

a**h*l*s
They have it listed as playing in 3d tomorrow and Sunday.
27-03-2009, 19:44   #19
cooperguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey23 View Post
Bit disappointed with the Eye to have special 3D prices - a €2.25 premium over than regular films! I'm with Mark Kermode on the "will 3D save the movie industry thing": it's grand and all, but hardly a revolution.

On the plus side, I suppose, it's better than the sly method some cinemas in England employed of advertising the same prices but charging a non-refundable deposit for 3D glasses!
Do you just have to buy the special glasses once and after that will the movies be the same price as any other movie?

Will the Corporate passes work for 3D Films or will it be like the luxury screen where you have to pay extra?
27-03-2009, 20:52   #20
Spon Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
left hand, right hand, i guess.

this week-end is previews and next friday is general release, is that correct
Advertisement
27-03-2009, 20:53   #21
Mikey23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperguy View Post
Do you just have to buy the special glasses once and after that will the movies be the same price as any other movie?

Will the Corporate passes work for 3D Films or will it be like the luxury screen where you have to pay extra?
Nope on the first Q. Check out the newly updated (& super long) prices sheet: http://www.eyecinema.ie/cinemas/prices.asp I'd imagine they'll work on the same principle as 3D movies in Imax cinemas - collect them at the door, drop them back after.

Looking at the pricing structure, I'd be surprised if they'll accept corporate passes on their own, but I'd love to be corrected. 2 tickets for €25 is a bit steep.
27-03-2009, 21:41   #22
Spon Farmer

are there any IMAX cinemas in Ireland?
27-03-2009, 21:55   #23
cooperguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spon Farmer View Post
are there any IMAX cinemas in Ireland?
No there was one in Dublin for a while but it closed down a few years ago.
27-03-2009, 22:19   #24
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Quote:

I'm not 100% sure on if the Corporate passes will work. But just be prepared to pay some extra - just in case. I'll find out all details tomorrow.

I would just really like to add that I'm not speaking officially in any way, shape, or form. If you want more information ring on 091 780078 or email info@eyecinema.ie

Last edited by boneyarsebogman; 27-03-2009 at 23:47.
Advertisement
27-03-2009, 23:40   #25
BopNiblets

Quote:
No there was one in Dublin for a while but it closed down a few years ago.
Well no IMAX, but this will be in 3D in Cineworld on Parnell street.
28-03-2009, 16:32   #26
shrapnel222

went to see it today with my son. i hadn't seen a 3D film since jaws 3. i was blown away. amazing stuff. the film is good but not great but still highly enjoyable. disappointed that they don't have adult and kid sized glasses though, as i basically had to hold them on my sons ears all film long
04-04-2009, 00:51   #27
Mully

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
What is the situation with using the Unlimited card for 3D films ?
Is there any hidden extras, additional fee, fee for glasses etc ?
04-04-2009, 22:27   #28
MayoForSam

Saw this today with my 2 kids in Letterkenny, I must admit the 3-D effects worked very well, the glasses were fine for all of us (I had to wear contacts though as I doubt they would have fitted over my specs ).

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, however I don't see any reason why the same tech won't transfer to a decent home cinema set-up with a good size flat screen. The future - perhaps. No motion sickness either.

The movie itself was pretty good, some good funny moments too (the president character was a hoot). A couple of references to other movies in there too, Mars Attacks and Independence Day comes to mind. Not exactly Toy Story standard but a step up from some recent kid's animated stuff.
05-04-2009, 01:42   #29
bedlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully View Post
What is the situation with using the Unlimited card for 3D films ?
Is there any hidden extras, additional fee, fee for glasses etc ?
None what so ever, it's all covered by the cost of the card.
05-04-2009, 10:58   #30
PirateShampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoForSam View Post
Saw this today with my 2 kids in Letterkenny, I must admit the 3-D effects worked very well, the glasses were fine for all of us (I had to wear contacts though as I doubt they would have fitted over my specs ).

Definitely worth seeing on the big screen, however I don't see any reason why the same tech won't transfer to a decent home cinema set-up with a good size flat screen. The future - perhaps. No motion sickness either.

The movie itself was pretty good, some good funny moments too (the president character was a hoot). A couple of references to other movies in there too, Mars Attacks and Independence Day comes to mind. Not exactly Toy Story standard but a step up from some recent kid's animated stuff.

You can by 3D ready tv's already. Wait intill next year and i say you will be seeing alot of new tv's coming out with it built in.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion