FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here - Page 258 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-05-2012, 18:08   #3856
Cookmeister

Unlocking 4s version 5.1.1 on o2

Hi all, I have recently jailbroken my 4s and I'm wondering if I can unlock it as I'm travelling next week. I was in the UK last month and was charged ~€30 for 4 days which I thought was ridiculous and I don't want to get stung again! Can anyone help?
Advertisement
29-05-2012, 18:51   #3857
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookmeister View Post
Hi all, I have recently jailbroken my 4s and I'm wondering if I can unlock it as I'm travelling next week. I was in the UK last month and was charged ~€30 for 4 days which I thought was ridiculous and I don't want to get stung again! Can anyone help?
There is no unlock available for the 4S unless you get a Gevey sim for it. Have you tried getting O2 to unlock it?
29-05-2012, 20:56   #3858
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq
Gah.. this is frustrating!

- Upgraded iPhone 3GS on 6.15.00 baseband to 5.1 (and preserved it.. all fine!)
- Then I'd to carry out a tethered JB in order to hacktivate it (since Absinthe won't do it when not activated)
- Then installed Ultrasn0w Fixer 5.1.1 and Ultrasnow to fix 'no service'
- Then installed Rocky Racoon Untether 5.1.1 to make JB untethered

All appeared to work perfectly.. but when I restart the phone, it just goes to a solid black screen and won't respond to being powered on.

It's almost like it's constantly in DFU mode as the only way to get it back is to 'Boot tethered' in DFU mode.

The newest RedSnow (0.9.11b4) has 'Fix Recovery Loop' disabled while the slightly older one (0.9.10b6) has it enabled but it doesn't do much!

Christ... pain in the arse!

EDIT: Fixed.. accidentally chosen old bootrom instead of new bootrom.Now up-and-running!

Last edited by Basq; 29-05-2012 at 21:39.
29-05-2012, 21:25   #3859
Cookmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookmeister View Post
There is no unlock available for the 4S unless you get a Gevey sim for it. Have you tried getting O2 to unlock it?
Yeah I sent off to O2 earlier looking for an unlock but I don't think I've spent the €120 or so credit on the iPhone yet. Hopefully I'll be able to sort something by next week.
Cheers!
29-05-2012, 21:33   #3860
jaykay74

Damn. seem to have all lost pretty much all my apps off my ipad when jailbreaking. Not sure what I did wrong. Followed the steps below to the letter. After the successful JB did a restore and am left with a standard set of apps I started with 6 months ago.

There is obviously more to step 1 than is specified here as the backup went fine.

EDIT... seem to have found a lot of them easily enough in appstore on the ipad under purchased. only missing a few like filmon which was removed. hopefully i can find it elsewhere

Quote:
1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!

Last edited by jaykay74; 29-05-2012 at 21:52.
Advertisement
29-05-2012, 21:59   #3861
Toon--soldier

I got my iphone 4 unlocked by at&t in april, im just wondering is ok for me to upgrade ios, or will the phone be relocked if i upgrade???
29-05-2012, 22:03   #3862
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Send a message via Skype™ to Karsini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon--soldier View Post
I got my iphone 4 unlocked by at&t in april, im just wondering is ok for me to upgrade ios, or will the phone be relocked if i upgrade???
No. If it's an official unlock then upgrade away - you'll never lose it.
Thanks from:
30-05-2012, 15:22   #3863
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Anyone else still queuing to download Winterboard?
31-05-2012, 00:01   #3864
vinnycoyne

No piracy discussion please!
Advertisement
31-05-2012, 15:48   #3865
barryd09

Is it possible to add a toggle for PdaNet to SBsettings? Or any other tethering apps?
31-05-2012, 22:17   #3866
theaaao

I own an ipad 1 and an iphone 3gs. Neither are jailbroken, nor have I tried to jailbreak them. Decided I would attempt to jailbreak my ipad today. BUT im now confused and worried ill do it wrong, after trolling true videos and web posts and tutorials.ARGGH..
I understand the difference between tethered and untethered, and obviously would prefer to do the untethered.
My ipad is on iOS 5.1. Do I need to update to 5.1.1 or downgrade/revert(?) to 5.0.1?
Im seeing the word blobs for tethered 5.1.1 jailbreak and looks complicated.
31-05-2012, 22:21   #3867
Basq

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaaao View Post
My ipad is on iOS 5.1. Do I need to update to 5.1.1 or downgrade/revert(?) to 5.0.1?
You need to upgrade to 5.1.1 and then run Absinthe 2.0.2 when updated with the iPad connected to your PC. Then click 'Jailbreak', wait for it to complete and then you're done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaaao
Don't worry about this.. this is only important if you wish to roll back to a previous firmware that isn't being signed ("authorised") by Apple anymore.
Thanks from:
31-05-2012, 22:21   #3868
Karsini
Abort, Retry, Fail?

Send a message via Skype™ to Karsini
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaaao View Post
I own an ipad 1 and an iphone 3gs. Neither are jailbroken, nor have I tried to jailbreak them. Decided I would attempt to jailbreak my ipad today. BUT im now confused and worried ill do it wrong, after trolling true videos and web posts and tutorials.ARGGH..
I understand the difference between tethered and untethered, and obviously would prefer to do the untethered.
You will need to update to 5.1.1. Use Absinthe 2.0 to jailbreak it untethered. Blobs are only needed for downgrading firmware.

EDIT: Basq got there before me.
Thanks from:
31-05-2012, 22:26   #3869
theaaao

once updated to 5.1.1, does the ipad need to be off or on while jailbreaking. Just thinking about DFU? something I read during the course of the day.
31-05-2012, 22:28   #3870
Basq

Nope, Absinthe doesn't require the device to be in DFU mode.

Just leave it the iPad on as normal connected to the PC / Mac.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion