Most boring town in Roscommon - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 14:24   #31
quickylicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hainway
Posts: 37
Excuse me ye shower of hill billys ... i am currently situated n elphin nd it is a fantastic town so piss off bk 2 ur village!!!!!!!il hav u know tat it is very lively jus cos ye're probally a shower of stuck up f**kers!!
quickylicky is offline  
Advertisement
08-09-2009, 15:53   #32
rusty999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Roscommon
Posts: 208
Boring Ballaghaderreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickylicky View Post
Excuse me ye shower of hill billys ... i am currently situated n elphin nd it is a fantastic town so piss off bk 2 ur village!!!!!!!il hav u know tat it is very lively jus cos ye're probally a shower of stuck up f**kers!!
Ahh, Don't let them get to ya Quicky. Elphin is prob all right compared to Balla. At least the folks in Elphin live in the 21st century but when the balla crowd go out for a night they are like monkeys just been released from the zoo and they go wild!!
De never got over the fact its only a one horse town and looks like something from the wild West--try it on market day and you will see what i mean..
rusty999 is offline  
09-09-2009, 09:48   #33
quickylicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hainway
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty999 View Post
Ahh, Don't let them get to ya Quicky. Elphin is prob all right compared to Balla. At least the folks in Elphin live in the 21st century but when the balla crowd go out for a night they are like monkeys just been released from the zoo and they go wild!!
De never got over the fact its only a one horse town and looks like something from the wild West--try it on market day and you will see what i mean..

:psounds to me like you have "Balla" of to a T.... Ghost town comes to mind
quickylicky is offline  
09-09-2009, 10:27   #34
biko
Percolator
 
biko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galway
Posts: 45,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickylicky View Post
Excuse me ye shower of hill billys ... i am currently situated n elphin nd it is a fantastic town so piss off bk 2 ur village!!!!!!!il hav u know tat it is very lively jus cos ye're probally a shower of stuck up f**kers!!
No text speak please. Use only actual English words
biko is offline  
09-09-2009, 11:23   #35
quickylicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hainway
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
No text speak please. Use only actual English words
quickylicky is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-09-2009, 19:36   #36
biko
Percolator
 
biko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galway
Posts: 45,150
The grammar police are probably going to arrest me for that sentence
biko is offline  
22-09-2009, 00:41   #37
JupiterKid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Here and there
Posts: 3,104
You mean there are actually towns in Roscommon? Surely not!!
JupiterKid is offline  
22-09-2009, 08:47   #38
rusty999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Roscommon
Posts: 208
2 Boring Ballaghaderreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterKid View Post
You mean there are actually towns in Roscommon? Surely not!!

AHHHH!!!! I think you might have something there Jupiter Kid--its probably more of a village

Although I have seen more life in villages in outer mongolia than I have ever seen in Balla
rusty999 is offline  
24-09-2009, 00:33   #39
idunno78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 148
ballinlough.....
idunno78 is offline  
Advertisement
24-09-2009, 21:03   #40
dec25532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Way Whest of the Shannon
Posts: 804
Ballinlough is bad but Elphin gets top prize for being stuck in a time best forgotten. You could film The Quiet Man there and not have to change the appearance of any part of the long and miserable street where people park in the middle of the road, never use indicators and pull out as if they had the only car in the world. Never saw a young person yet in this town in all the times I passed through it. And why would there.
dec25532 is offline  
25-09-2009, 01:19   #41
Sativa_soul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec25532 View Post
Ballinlough is bad but Elphin gets top prize for being stuck in a time best forgotten. You could film The Quiet Man there and not have to change the appearance of any part of the long and miserable street where people park in the middle of the road, never use indicators and pull out as if they had the only car in the world. Never saw a young person yet in this town in all the times I passed through it. And why would there.

Hilarious!! and totally true!! I live near (but not in! thankfully!) aul Elphin - lol and its beyond true what you said - the middle of the street parking - the total lack of indicators & of course the lack of anyone under the age of 60 it appears (what's up with that?!?!)

and also

"I've a feeling nobody actually lives there, its a virtual town..........maybe like the one on Blazing Saddles, You know the one they made of plywood, a decoy"

This was said previously - and also hilariously correct!! It is a virtual town!
Sativa_soul is offline  
25-09-2009, 09:21   #42
quickylicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hainway
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sativa_soul View Post
Hilarious!! and totally true!! I live near (but not in! thankfully!) aul Elphin - lol and its beyond true what you said - the middle of the street parking - the total lack of indicators & of course the lack of anyone under the age of 60 it appears (what's up with that?!?!)

and also

"I've a feeling nobody actually lives there, its a virtual town..........maybe like the one on Blazing Saddles, You know the one they made of plywood, a decoy"

This was said previously - and also hilariously correct!! It is a virtual town!
Well i live in Elphin and Im a young person and theres plenty of young people in the town and actually quite a good night life.And you have little to be worrying you if parking on the "middle of the road" bothers you so much. How exactly does it effect you when you dont actually live there.
quickylicky is offline  
25-09-2009, 19:14   #43
dec25532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Way Whest of the Shannon
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickylicky View Post
Well i live in Elphin and Im a young person and theres plenty of young people in the town and actually quite a good night life.And you have little to be worrying you if parking on the "middle of the road" bothers you so much. How exactly does it effect you when you dont actually live there.:confused:
Ahem, it is kinda awkward when one is driving through it (preferably at high speed)
dec25532 is offline  
26-09-2009, 22:03   #44
quickylicky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hainway
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec25532 View Post
Ahem, it is kinda awkward when one is driving through it (preferably at high speed)
Well ya know what to do, dont come into the town!
quickylicky is offline  
26-09-2009, 22:16   #45
dec25532
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Way Whest of the Shannon
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickylicky View Post
Well ya know what to do, dont come into the town!
With an attitude like that, it's no wonder Elphin is a hellhole!
dec25532 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet