What have you watched recently? - Page 583 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

06-05-2012, 23:22   #8731
Tindie

Apartment 143 (2011)

This was really good, it dose not take to long to start, so there no long build up like you seen the Paranormal Activity series and they don't start of with little things. They go right into business!

There were some really great intense moments in this movie, which made me go BEEP in and there are few good jumpy scenes in this movie.

I really liked the flash scenes for the whole living room was really well made, it was really creepy scene , even that i knew something was going to happen but it still got me anyway, awesome scene.

The acting was not great and could of been much better by the whole cast they were all a bit on and off!, I disliked the doctor in this movie, he really annoyed me.

The whole movie is very entertaining from start to the very end, there are few calm scene, this was never boring, so you won't be watching the time or falling a sleep while watching this movie

But I hated The very last scene of the movies, COME ON!. that it's not how you meant to end a good movie. (I am really getting sick of those last crap scare in scene in the horror movies these day, THEY DON'T SCARE ANYONE!)

I would of have gave it 8 out of 10 but it going get a 6 out of 10 from me now!
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 23:23   #8732
Tindie

Apartment 143 (2011)

This was really good, it dose not take to long to start, so there no long build up like you seen the Paranormal Activity series and they don't start of with little things. They go right into business!

There were some really great intense moments in this movie, which made me go BEEP in and there are few good jumpy scenes in this movie.

I really liked the flash scenes for the whole living room was really well made, it was really creepy scene , even that i knew something was going to happen but it still got me anyway, awesome scene.

The acting was not great and could of been much better by the whole cast they were all a bit on and off!, I disliked the doctor in this movie, he really annoyed me.

The whole movie is very entertaining from start to the very end, there are few calm scene, this was never boring, so you won't be watching the time or falling a sleep while watching this movie

But I hated The very last scene of the movies, COME ON!. that it's not how you meant to end a good movie. (I am really getting sick of those last crap scare in scene in the horror movies these day, THEY DON'T SCARE ANYONE!)

I would of have gave it 8 out of 10 but it going get a 6 out of 10 from me now!
06-05-2012, 23:36   #8733
Paddy Samurai

Kamui The Lone Ninja

Well worth a watch.This has some good fight scenes.

07-05-2012, 00:37   #8734
don ramo

Shame, really good film, didn't think id get as drawn into it as i was, highly recommend anyone to see it,

still cant believe the uk lotto funded this film
07-05-2012, 02:11   #8735
mikemac1

HMS Defiant

I'm a sucker for these navy films

Sort of similar to the Bounty only in this one its the captain who is old and humane and the lieutenant is a sadistic bastard

Well you know what happens next, you push men too hard and they'll snap and react

Great film, very enjoyable

Alec Guinness is the captain, Dirk Bogarte is the lieutenant
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 02:11   #8736
Shane St.

Scent Of A Woman

Al Pacino is excellent in it. Really good film
(2) thanks from:
07-05-2012, 02:56   #8737
Turtyturd

Thor: I am all set for Avengers now after this, as with Captain America I was never big into the Thor comic series (although the recent J.M Strachzynski relaunch was good) but while I enjoyed the Captain America movie I didn't really enjoy this. And while chronologically Captain America comes first it probably would have been better to watch this first to get an understanding of the cosmic cube.

I just found it hard to take Hemsworth serious as Thor, part of it was down to him (his accent was all over the place), and part of it was down to me (as with Superman Thor is always portrayed as larger than life so to see a normal person play him is underwhelming). Also the love story between him and Jane is rushed and meaningless, the plus side is that Shield have more of a presence than in the other movies and everything feels connected, while Destroyer is reduced to some ropey effects and a cameo.

It surprised me as well that Marvel went the traditional Thor route, I thought that the Ultimates version may have been easier to sell to audiences. Watchable but forgettable might be a good way to describe it.

One thing that bugs me though is the same actors showing up to play different characters (Idris Elba, Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, Ray Stevenson, Stan Lee)
07-05-2012, 03:22   #8738
johnny_ultimate
Production Model EVA-02

The Double Life of Veronique - Krzysztof Kieslowski's peculiar, dreamy and deeply ambiguous tale of two dopplegangers who seem to be spiritually connected. It's a film more about atmosphere than making sense. Starting to Poland and moving to France, it introduces us to Weronika and Veronique as they fall in love, achieve insight through music and live & die. It's meandering stuff, and purposefully so. But it's a haunting film, mainly through the absolutely stunning green-hued cinematography.

One thing propels the film to true greatness, though, and that's Irene Jacob. Playing the two main roles, it's a beguiling, hypnotic performance. Nailing the tics of two distinct individuals, Jacob's beauty and talent keeps you glued to the screen even when Kieslowski indulges in high levels of ambiguous whimsy. It's one of those rare revelatory acting performances, and the film wouldn't work nearly as well without her.
Thanks from:
07-05-2012, 03:42   #8739
_coinin_

Planes, trains and automobiles

John Candy starred in this movie, made in laugh out loud a few times. I wasnt expecting it to be in any way funny but I just realised that Steve Martin was gold back in the day.Not so much now

Niagara

Marilyn Monroe sets out to have her Husband killed with the Niagara Falls looming in the backdrop

Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 19:18   #8740
duckysauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudler View Post
another vote for Sunshine here, I love it, its one of the most stunning looking movies of the last decade, especially the climax.
Watched this last night and thought is was amazing , don't know how i passed by it , visually stunning and extremely tense. Best sci-fi movie I have seen in a very long time.

Thanks for the recommendation
Thanks from:
07-05-2012, 19:27   #8741
Mickeroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtyturd View Post
One thing that bugs me though is the same actors showing up to play different characters (Idris Elba, Chris Evans, Ryan Reynolds, Ray Stevenson, Stan Lee)
Who else did Idris Elba & Stevenson play? I know Evans played Human Torch before and I guess you're referring to Reynolds playing Green Lantern & Dead Pool (and Captain Excellent ), which isn't really a problem since they're seperate universes anyway.
07-05-2012, 19:53   #8742
barone
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgement Day View Post
I used to be a big fan of the Die Hard movies but then along came 'The Bourne Trilogy', the pace of which makes the former look positively geriatric. Matt Damon versus Bruce Willis no competition there. I still have Die Hard for the original Play Station console; one of the best games available for it and a great one for some mindless stress relief.
yippee kiyayeeeee

remember the game well
Thanks from:
07-05-2012, 19:56   #8743
bnt

I finally got to see Election today, directed by Alexander Payne, starring Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon. I don't think I've ever seen a film that was as infuriating in the best possible way - that left me with a grin on my face and the urge to shout at the screen "what the hell is wrong with you people!"

I don't think I've met a character quite like Tracy Flick (Witherspoon), which is a good thing. Had I been one of her classmates in school, I would have been scared sh!tless of her. I don't think that it's a coincidence that, when written in capitals on a poster, the L and I in her name blur in to a U.

As for Matthew Broderick's character, I just wanted to grab him by the scruff of the neck and slap his face. He's a loser who doesn't know he's a loser, but seems to be happy regardless - with exceptions. In short, I didn't exactly identify with the characters, but quite the opposite: they annoyed me, to the point where I had to tell myself "it's only a movie ..."

I recorded this film from TV and saved it until I thought I needed it - and it did not let me down. Of Payne's films, I haven't yet seen About Schmidt or The Descendants, so I have more to look forward to, then.

A bit of trivia I spotted: in Payne's previous film, Citizen Ruth, Ruth buys a cheap can of patio sealant to huff behind the hardware store: in Election, the disgraced teacher who had an affair with Tracy is later seen working in the same Omaha hardware store, sticking price tags on the same patio sealant.

Last edited by bnt; 07-05-2012 at 19:58.
Thanks from:
07-05-2012, 21:21   #8744
couch_dweller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnt View Post
I finally got to see Election today, directed by Alexander Payne, starring Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon. I don't think I've ever seen a film that was as infuriating in the best possible way - that left me with a grin on my face and the urge to shout at the screen "what the hell is wrong with you people!"

I don't think I've met a character quite like Tracy Flick (Witherspoon), which is a good thing. Had I been one of her classmates in school, I would have been scared sh!tless of her. I don't think that it's a coincidence that, when written in capitals on a poster, the L and I in her name blur in to a U.

As for Matthew Broderick's character, I just wanted to grab him by the scruff of the neck and slap his face. He's a loser who doesn't know he's a loser, but seems to be happy regardless - with exceptions. In short, I didn't exactly identify with the characters, but quite the opposite: they annoyed me, to the point where I had to tell myself "it's only a movie ..."

I recorded this film from TV and saved it until I thought I needed it - and it did not let me down. Of Payne's films, I haven't yet seen About Schmidt or The Descendants, so I have more to look forward to, then.

A bit of trivia I spotted: in Payne's previous film, Citizen Ruth, Ruth buys a cheap can of patio sealant to huff behind the hardware store: in Election, the disgraced teacher who had an affair with Tracy is later seen working in the same Omaha hardware store, sticking price tags on the same patio sealant.

mathew broderick is annoying in everything bar bueller , his face is incredibly punchable
07-05-2012, 21:50   #8745
Turtyturd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeroo View Post
Who else did Idris Elba & Stevenson play? I know Evans played Human Torch before and I guess you're referring to Reynolds playing Green Lantern & Dead Pool (and Captain Excellent ), which isn't really a problem since they're seperate universes anyway.
Elba had a part in the new Ghost Rider movie, Stevenson was Punisher, and Reynolds was Hannibal King in Blade Trinity. I know they are different studios but I think of them all belonging to the Marvel Universe so it annoys me.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed