I’m looking for some basic sever monitoring software for our local office. Does anybody have any experience of a product they would like to recommend?
My requirements are…
- Be able to ping a device / IP
- Check % disk space remaining on servers
- Check status of Windows services
- Be able to email SMTP alerts
- Should be no agent to install on clients
- Simple and intuitive to use
- Be Windows based
- Needs ability to run as a service itself
It’s only to fill a gap until our global enterprise monitoring is up and running, so I’m really looking for something relatively cheap [or free!]. I will be monitoring approx 50 devices, 150 checks in total.
I have used a product called Servers Alive before (http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/). However it doesn’t run well as a Windows service and it’s a nightmare to add extra devices (it’s actually easier to manually edit the config file in notepad!).
Thanks in advance.