Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-01-2009, 22:28   #31
scottyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
thanks for the replies

i have disabled my pin request on another phone but may change them to 0000 to be 100% safe!

am restoring my iphone again to 2.2 and will try all suggestions. give me 30 mins to perform "magic"

1. Install BossPrefs and Yellowsn0w from Cydia

2. Disable everything in BossPrefs

3. Reboot your iPhone using BossPrefs

4. Wait 1.30 min when you see lockscreen

5. Take your sim out and insert it

6. Wait a moment

7. In settings turn on Fly Mode

8. Turn off Fly Mode

9. Your iPhone 3G should be working now!

-----------------------------------------------------

Nothing!!

followed instructions precisely and still get no signal for 3 Irl, Vodafone and Meteor. Left Meteor SIM in phone during iTunes restore and QuickPwn.

My only thought during the process is: did you update Cydia when first opening as requested by Cydia?

thanks!

Last edited by scottyboy; 01-01-2009 at 22:43. Reason: Full process followed!!
Advertisement
01-01-2009, 22:30   #32
coadyj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin Macollamh View Post
Two reasons I'm waiting for a few days or weeks to install this:

1) I want a version that works out the bugs with SIM cards (like the O2 one) that have SIM toolkit application menus.
2) There's talk (from MuscleNerd of the dev team) that they might provide a tool to allow an upgrade of the 2.1 baseband for those who followed the original instructions and used Pwnage to leave that baseband in place. This might allow us to install yellowsn0w without having to lose all our SMS, app settings, etc. (which is what will happen if we just Restore to 2.2, then Quickpwn).
Yeah, i can understand that. I think thought that it only involves removing and reinserting sim whenever you switch on
01-01-2009, 22:38   #33
Devia

Quote:
My only thought during the process is: did you update Cydia when first opening as requested by Cydia?

thanks!
I did.

Have you got the installer app aswell? Maybe try installing yellowsn0w through that.
01-01-2009, 22:42   #34
scottyboy

Now this is weird!

Is appears the time left in Airplane Mode is critical. Leave in this mode for more than 10 secs after inserting new SIM and getting No Service then remove from mode and success.

Meteor, Vodafone Irl and 3 Irl all working for Out/In Calls. 3 tested for data too!
01-01-2009, 23:01   #35
russelljames

I'm having major trouble right now with this

Got my iPhone tother day from Northern Ireland, and now im trying to unlock it.
I downloaded quickpwn 22-1, and when i try to jailbreak it, it just sticks onto trying to connect with "wait for your iPhone to connect with recovery mode" or something like that

any ideas? just dying for my iphone to be unlocked D: ta

Advertisement
01-01-2009, 23:20   #36
coadyj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelljames View Post

I downloaded quickpwn 22-1, and when i try to jailbreak it, it just sticks onto trying to connect with "wait for your iPhone to connect with recovery mode" or something like that

sounds like your having trouble getting it into dfu mode, try this tutorial
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1881

it will work, dont worry

let us know how the unlock work out and what carrier you are with, if you have any problems post them to this board
01-01-2009, 23:33   #37
coadyj
Banned

Quote:
Now this is weird!

Is appears the time left in Airplane Mode is critical. Leave in this mode for more than 10 secs after inserting new SIM and getting No Service then remove from mode and success.

Meteor, Vodafone Irl and 3 Irl all working for Out/In Calls. 3 tested for data too!
how about the warned problem with sim application?
01-01-2009, 23:46   #38
Eoin Macollamh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelljames View Post

Are you on a mac? If so, connect the iPhone through a USB hub and it should work.

If not, I don't know what the problem is.
01-01-2009, 23:55   #39
CivilEx

I had been unsuccessful until about 10 mins ago with a Vodafone Sim in my O2 IRL contract phone. I tried this from the http://blog.iphone-dev.org website and my iPhone now works with Vodafone IE

"This tutorial assumes you have already updated your baseband to 2.28, pwned ur device, installed cydia and yellowsn0w.

1. After reboot with your O2 sim, wait as least a minute
2. Go to settings > carriers > wait for the search to complete and "automatic" to be selected ( you should get a error message saying that unable to load list, just click Ok.)
3. While still in the carriers menu, remove the O2 sim and insert your non O2 sim into the Iphone (Extremely important that you don't exit from the carriers sub menu or not this method will not work)
4. When you insert the new sim, you should get a status message as "NO SERVICE". If you get status message with no bars or invalid sim, THIS METHOD HASN'T WORKED ! Start from the beginning and follow this tutorial to the TEE !!
5. follow this method from step 2 onwards to change between sim cards"

If you turn off the phone, you will need to repeat the above steps, but it's a workaround for anyone stuck for a while until the next version of yellowsn0w is released
Advertisement
02-01-2009, 00:07   #40
russelljames

Quote:
Are you on a mac? If so, connect the iPhone through a USB hub and it should work.

If not, I don't know what the problem is.
thanks for your help but somehow, i actually got it sorted
i have now yellowsn0w installed and all

except now im just getting invalid sim when i insert my meteor sim into the iphone
that above technique doesnt seem to work for me either
tried it once or twice :/
02-01-2009, 01:06   #41
scottyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadyj View Post
how about the warned problem with sim application?

I'm not 100% sure if any of these networks have apps built into their sims as suggested by dev team. I think the Irish networks prefer to vandalize your phone with branded firmware instead.

Saying that, the sims don't work straight off, you do need to remove the sim to activate the unlock.

Thanks for all the advice!
02-01-2009, 04:53   #42
lee_baby_simms

Got it working on a AT&T iphone with o2 following this:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61827
02-01-2009, 12:14   #43
Eoin Macollamh
Banned

Judging from the conversations on the hackint0sh forums, this solution is not ready for prime time. There seems to be a lot of voodoo (i.e., step-by-step lists of instructions that have nothing to do with the way the software is supposed to work) involved in getting the thing to work on some configurations.

I'll wait until it's out of beta.
02-01-2009, 13:08   #44
coadyj
Banned

Quote:
Judging from the conversations on the hackint0sh forums, this solution is not ready for prime time. There seems to be a lot of voodoo (i.e., step-by-step lists of instructions that have nothing to do with the way the software is supposed to work) involved in getting the thing to work on some configurations.

I'll wait until it's out of beta.
if your on a sim proxie i would agree
02-01-2009, 14:03   #45
CivilEx

Yellowsn0w beta 0.94 now getting signal ok after normal reboot on Vodafone. Outgoing calls not working though yet. It's nearly there....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion