Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-12-2008, 05:27   #46
Fozzy

Spoiler: Lesnar/Mir II is going to be so big. Especially after the promo that Mir cut

And then when Brock wins... :pac: Who will the "hardcore" fans get behind?

Rashad vs Rampage will be interesting. Rashad is so odd. He's such a good fighter but in a strange way and he's got no charisma at all. Rampage had better win or it's bad business for the UFC :pac:
Advertisement
28-12-2008, 05:49   #47
Nothingcompares
Banned

Strange, all the fighters I really don't like won

Spoiler: Cb Dolloway, Rashad, Mir, Hamill. Smug jerks.
28-12-2008, 05:53   #48
mirwillbeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Spoiler: Lesnar/Mir II is going to be so big. Especially after the promo that Mir cut

And then when Brock wins... :pac: Who will the "hardcore" fans get behind?

Rashad vs Rampage will be interesting. Rashad is so odd. He's such a good fighter but in a strange way and he's got no charisma at all. Rampage had better win or it's bad business for the UFC :pac:
Will Rampage be next for Rashad? Any other options for him - surely not a rematch with Chuck?
28-12-2008, 06:05   #49
johnny_adidas

after watching tonight i actually believe there is no way back for chuck, any of the four on show could beat him. its a sad day when im condoning him retiring but if the sport is to continue progressing then he surely cant get back into the picture without another 2 wins. a TUF coach vs pupil fight may be a great selling card and also a possible bow out for the iceman
fantastic show in my opinion, all the main fights had good finishes. just wish setanta would cut their ads in better, missed the 1st 20secs of a few of the lesser fights and the hardonk one sounded like a few things happened in that time.
now time to finish as many bottles as i can before the missus wakes up
will just have to get rich's autograph to make it up to her at 93

ps: and after tonights performance the 205 champ will take a hell of a lot of stopping

Last edited by johnny_adidas; 28-12-2008 at 06:09.
28-12-2008, 06:08   #50
Fromvert

I dont know how to put in spoilers, so if you dont want to know the results....STOP.

To any mods that see this, can any of you put a spoiler warning in the thread heading. Thanks

I have to take my hat off to Mir, his boxing was fantastic. I coudnt see him winning but he was brilliant. I only pray he beats Lesnar now. A slick sub hopefully, let us all pray. Come on everybody on your knees.

I dont see Rampage getting the first shot at Evans, especially if Machida wins against Silva. He deserves it.
Advertisement
28-12-2008, 06:23   #51
The Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Spoiler: There's one safe prediction - Frank Mir is not winning

Spoiler: ouch!!

I read that earlier and just thought "wow you are wayyyyy too confident". But even still I was fairly sure that Noguiera would win. BIG shock!:eek:
28-12-2008, 06:31   #52
ShawnRaven

Send a message via Skype™ to ShawnRaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromvert View Post
Spoiler: I only pray he beats Lesnar now. A slick sub hopefully, let us all pray. Come on everybody on your knees.
Spoiler: All the praying in the world won't save Frank Mir, who only barely scraped a victory over Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's UFC debut. Brock is learning fast, while Frank might have learned not to gas himself out after the first round, by the time that rematch takes place, Lesnar will have learned way more than Mir hopes since their last fight.

Bank on it!
28-12-2008, 07:13   #53
Fozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by woooo232 View Post
Spoiler: ouch!!

I read that earlier and just thought "wow you are wayyyyy too confident". But even still I was fairly sure that Noguiera would win. BIG shock!:eek:
Spoiler: I know, I didn't realise how banged up Nogueira was. Well, I sort of did, I mean you can just look at him and you can look at his last few fights. But I thought that he'd still be able to fight. Nogueira's done. Guys like Chuck and Hughes still have some way back I think. Nogueira's taken too many beatings though. Him vs Randy is the logical fight for the summer but I think Randy will take that handily now

Brock vs Mir will be so great though. Absolutely no way Brock is losing! I'm a million times more confident in him than in Nogueira!
28-12-2008, 10:25   #54
calex71

Nog v Mir Spoiler: As i said im not a fan of either but Nog just looked like he wasnt at the races at all, which takes away from Mir winning somewhat, maybe as said Nog is done. Now i got my wish of Mir v Brock II i kind of wish i hadn't,

Listen to the commentary at the end of the rampage v silva fight ;-)
is there anything Joe Rogan doesnt remember ???

Last edited by calex71; 28-12-2008 at 11:48.
Advertisement
28-12-2008, 12:31   #55
SuperWoody101

Was I the only one who seen CB tap?
28-12-2008, 12:37   #56
calex71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWoody101 View Post
Spoiler: Hmmmmm just watched it back 3 times , look at 3:52 on clock just as it goes to the ground and cb pops his right arm out. I dont think it was a tap out.
28-12-2008, 12:47   #57
shenanigans1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWoody101 View Post
I thought that too. But then I Spoiler: missed Forrest trying to tap...but Joe Rogan seen it.:D

Good PPV probably be considered a night of shocks with Evans, Mir and to a lesser extent Rampage winning. Wonder who gets first crack at Evans, hopefully its Rampage.
28-12-2008, 14:09   #58
Karmafaerie

So.

Damn I hate being so wrong.
Spoiler: I mean, I feel so, so stupid for picking Mir to win!:p
And especially seeing as I've said that Mir has better power and stand-up for the last two months now.;)

Also, I picked 7/10 with one that I called 50/50.
7-2-1. I'm happy with that.

Last edited by Karmafaerie; 28-12-2008 at 14:24.
Thanks from:
28-12-2008, 15:55   #59
Killme00
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmafaerie View Post
So.

Damn I hate being so wrong.
Spoiler: I mean, I feel so, so stupid for picking Mir to win!:p
And especially seeing as I've said that Mir has better power and stand-up for the last two months now.;)

Also, I picked 7/10 with one that I called 50/50.
7-2-1. I'm happy with that.
Only one of my three picks (Spoiler: Evans) won. Spoiler: Mir was very impressive, Rashad's footwork was a joy to behold
28-12-2008, 16:08   #60
SuperWoody101

Only one of my 3 picks also won, the same one Killme00 picked, won 80euro on that fight.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion