Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-12-2008, 02:40   #61
Mcfast

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1215/pri...igates_av.html
Advertisement
23-12-2008, 13:14   #62
Red Alert
Hosted Moderator

HMod: LaTeX
Seems UPC/Chorus/NTL haven't improved at all. They phoned me asking if I was interested in Broadband and Telephone. I said I was interested in just broadband. A tech was supposed to be sent out today between 9am and 1pm. A confirmation text was sent to my telephone number yesterday, so all good I presumed.

The tech hadn't shown up by half twelve, so I rang up and asked to check if he was indeed coming. After using their horrendous and patronizing phone system I got through to a guy who said that there was 'no appointment' for today, but there was one scheduled for the 31st, for Broadband and Phone installation....... so evidently no improvement in their 'systems'.
23-12-2008, 13:30   #63
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
Seems UPC/Chorus/NTL haven't improved at all. They phoned me asking if I was interested in Broadband and Telephone. I said I was interested in just broadband. A tech was supposed to be sent out today between 9am and 1pm. A confirmation text was sent to my telephone number yesterday, so all good I presumed.

The tech hadn't shown up by half twelve, so I rang up and asked to check if he was indeed coming. After using their horrendous and patronizing phone system I got through to a guy who said that there was 'no appointment' for today, but there was one scheduled for the 31st, for Broadband and Phone installation....... so evidently no improvement in their 'systems'.
Thats piss poor, I can understand maybe the first person booking it arse ways and giving you the wrong date but the TXT clearly shows it was logged as the correct date on atleast one of their booking systems.
23-12-2008, 15:15   #64
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can companies like NTL be fined for negligence ?
23-12-2008, 18:25   #65
Red Alert
Hosted Moderator

HMod: LaTeX
Probably not seen as I'm not already a broadband customer. I feel sorry for someone who would end up losing an official day's holidays for that kind of messing around.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion